Regpack

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Asaf Darash

Great place to work! Start up environment, really high level code, everyone is part of the process

PHP Developer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Regpack

ProsRegpack is really building an innovative product. It is based on some real advance reach the founder did in his PhD. The application does not have any constants in it which makes the challenges all that bigger. The great part is that we have a really high coding standard, we work together as a team to find the best solutions and we also have a lot of fun. A hour without at least 2 jokes is a bad one :-)

ConsIt's a startup, so nothing is really structured, we need to build our own bridges and basically come up with all the solutions. Don't know if it is a pro or a con depends how you look at it. We have a few releases that we needed to work late, but as we are growing we are getting better and in the last release we all went home at 5pm. It was cool to see how we managed to get the process nailed in a way that was good for all of us.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management really needs to think of how to scale the company faster. We are growing really fast but we all feel that we can grow even faster. I know they are looking for new people all the time but not many make the cut...

Good work environment and technical opportunities

Software Developer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Regpack full-time for more than a year

ProsGood product to work on
CEO is a techie
Young company
Flat hierarchy ensures creative freedom
Good work life balance for a small startup
Stock options

ConsNo good benefits plan in place yet.

Polite interviewer, no time for my questions

I have been working at Regpack full-time

ProsThe recruiter was friendly and paid attention

ConsThe interview felt rushed, there was no time for my questions, and the recruiter seemed very unfamiliar with the subject area

A flexible work environment with an in-demand product

Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regpack full-time for more than a year

ProsStart-ups all too often have a connotation of "we work our employees to death for no pay." Regpack doesn't follow this mindset, and instead gives the coders the freedom they need to get their work done the right way.

What this means is flexible scheduling, with an emphasis on hitting your targets. I am personally not a morning person, and in jobs where I was forced to come in at 8:00am, I would just space out until 10:00am anyway, wasting both my and my employer's time. Regpack doesn't subscribe to this ideology, and It works quite well in the context of the company in it's current state.

As a coder, we are also given ample autonomy to breed creativity. As such, we are able to break out of the norm and build things the way we think they should be built, and then we discuss what we've built later with peer code reviews and improve on our new ideas until they come into real use in the product.

Speaking of the product, it has users. These users are generally vocal, and on the good side of that coin, it gives us a lot of guidance with improving the product. It's simultaneously wonderful and terrifying to have your software used by these people.

ConsAs it's still a small company, it's still working out the bottlenecks of single people filling multiple positions. For example, the CEO plays many roles; including CEO, product manager, salesman, HR supervisor, and back-end coder. While he's definitely capable of doing all of these jobs well independently, he (like any other human being) is not fully capable of doing all of these adequately at the same time. This can sometimes lead to coding, recruiting, and product management bottlenecks which affect the company negatively.

While we have been striving to delegate some of these positions off of the CEO, it has been difficult since the standards are rather high, and rightfully so. I hope that soon in the future we can correct these bottlenecks and get things moving smoothly through the company like the well-oiled machine it can become.

All of the Cons I can think of about Regpack stem from this root problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the CEO: Hire more people and replace yourself. Namely hire another HR manager to help you hire more people.

Worked for Regpack? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regpack reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regpack CEO Asaf Darash. All reviews posted anonymously by Regpack employees.