Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) Reviews

Thomas Obermaier

1. Great

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Risk Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with. The office culture was very close knit, which made a great working environment.

Cons

The office was small, and most people worked in cubicles, it would get noisy during the day.

Advice to Management

Need more conference rooms!

Not For Me

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Pizza Tueday, casual environment and dress code- including senior management (shorts and flip flops).

Cons

Leadership don't empower or believe in keeping good talent, Company doesn't pay 401k and insurance is expensive. CEO yells at it's employees in front of the entire company

Advice to Management

Believe in your people and trust them

3. Software Developer

Former Employee - Java Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Java Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I worked as a Software Developer for almost two years at RDC. I had the opportunity to work with a team of very smart and friendly people. The company is small to mid-size and is growing at a fast pace thanks to their competitive products. There is a lot of room for career development and new ideas are greatly encouraged. Their products are build on a variety of up-to-date technologies. As a software developer you will have the chance to work on some exciting projects and grow professionally. The employees are very friendly and they are always available to help each other. In overall it is a friendly working environment with good work-life balance and competitive salaries

Cons

There is no 401K match

5. Inside Sales

Current Employee - Director Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Director Inside Sales

I have been working at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am currently the Director of the Inside Sales Team in our King of Prussia Office. I joined RDC as an Inside Sales Representative in October 2011, and am currently the only Inside Sales Staff member who has been a part of the organization for 3+ years. I felt the need to write an honest review of my experiences with RDC, because I feel some of the recent negative reviews by those claiming to be on the inside sales team for “3 years,” were both unfair and misleading. I know it’s common for companies to counter negative reviews with generic, more positive reviews in hopes to muddy the waters, please know as you read my personal review that I’m not one to “drink the corporate cool aid” I say what I mean, mean what I say, and honesty and integrity never take a back seat to aid in any agenda. The Company: Innovative, Nimble, Fast Paced and Customer Focused. Our Culture: Run with the passion of a Silicon Valley startup, despite our domain expertise and experience as an industry leader. Leave the suit and tie at home, we offer a casual work environment- unless we have guests. Feel free to grab a marker and write the “next big idea” on one of our glass dry erase boards which surround the office. We enjoy Pizza Tuesdays, Happy Hour’s, company BBQ’s and Christmas Dinners-when everyone else seems to be scaling back, the company still keeps these activities alive. We offer Flexibility in scheduling and ability to work remotely as needed, because the organization recognizes the importance for its people to work around a busy lifestyle. RDC’s Senior Management team expects the best, assigns ambitious goals and will push you to meet objectives. At RDC you will be forced out of your comfort zone and you will grow and learn in the process. Our culture is one where you’re empowered to make suggestions, encouraged to offer your opinion on improving our offerings and processes (no your suggestions won’t always be adopted, but many will). Expect that you will have a voice here, and taking ownership is encouraged. Growth and Career opportunity is abundant without question, in fact countless current managers started in entry level positions-myself included. Senior management believes in managing up, not out. For those that show initiative, seek results and have passion for what they do-you will excel here. The Sales Environment: Open floor plan, no cubes! Team atmosphere: we share what works, and what doesn’t. We celebrate in our large and small victories by sounding our hockey goal alarm every time someone wins a new customer! Management provides, attainable objectives, one on one training and ongoing real time support and feedback. We don’t micro manage, we lead by example, and treat people the way they should be treated. My Story: I started as an Inside sales Rep October 2011. In January 2014, I was offered career growth and given the opportunity to move into a management role as Director of Inside Sales. RDC has provided me with countless opportunities for personal and career growth and advancement. I’ve attended Industry events around the country, various networking events, educational seminars, I even visited our London UK Office. This year RDC invited multiple new managers, including myself to participate in the “RDC CEO Leadership Forum.” As part of this unique opportunity, we have monthly 2 hour, one on one coaching sessions, directly from our company’s CEO, where we get to learn firsthand what it’s like to run and operate a company. How many CEO’s do you know of that offer that level of accessibility and provide their time to the up and coming staff? For the individual who is bright, driven, a self-starter, and thrives in environments which are fast paced, demanding and fluid; RDC offers great rewards and the opportunity for an individual to really make a difference, vs being just a small voice in a large crowd. This is my story and I hope it helps those looking for an honest review of real life experiences at RDC.

Cons

Normal challenges one would expect to face in a sales environment.

Innovative growth company in Philly

I have been working at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a hard charging company that expects and demands high performers. We are all a part of team the mission, work hard and accomplish twice as much as any other company I've worked with. I am surprised by the negative reviewers, but the vehemence must come from those who couldn't make the cut. Managers are almost all promoted from within; hard work and achievement are rewarded in this growing team.

Cons

You are expected to give 100%; team is small and growth is demanding. Can be overwhelming at times.

Questionable Middle Level Manager

I have been working at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product line and works with some key partners. As an employee you have access to colleagues with a lot of industry experience and can learn a lot from them. Take advantage of that. For the most part people are nice and willing to help you.

Cons

There are some mid level managers at RDC that are very difficult to work with. Upper management likely doesn't know your name, which is strange in such a small company. The company doesn't value hard work and dedication. There isn't a lot of room to grow. Training is limited and can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to what your employees are saying. Being a good sales person does not mean you will make a good leader. The office situation, although slated to improve is not one that promotes success. Promote effective training and coaching and look for ways to enable people to be successful. I've seen too many good people leave and it makes it difficult to remain positive about the future of the company.

Careful what is posted here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First, the company is located in King of Prussia, not Wilmington. Secondly, there are posts here which belong to other companies since RDC did not open European operations until March 2014. Finally, one of the comments from a sales person is from an individual who went a whole year without selling anything. Everyone should know the facts and consider the sources before they base their decision on what they read. The company has excellent investors and is growing. The culture is evolving and there is excitement.

Cons

The current office space is not idea but they are moving in the late Summer or early Fall to another location within two miles of their current office. Their teams are growing and the pain associated with that change is there, you need to be ready for it.

Pretty Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bosses usually don't show up so you're not expected to do very much. A very nominal effort is required. The pay can be acceptable, but there is no reward for doing well.

Cons

This place is incredibly toxic. Especially the IT security guys. They required all the blinds be closed on the windows because, "someone walking around the building could see that we have computers in the office and later come back to steal them."

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, nice co-workers, nice facility, pizza bought in every Tuesday.

Cons

Aging computer system.Poor support, high turnover. 8 CEO'S in 13 years of it being formed. No raises. This place does not want to see people hang around and enjoy a career, there motto is stick around for 2 years, then move on somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Give people a chance to succeed, rather then filling your pockets with greed!

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, nice people, nice facility, good place to start an entry level career.

Cons

No communication, no collaboration, no training of solutions, do not get paid for renewel or retentions of yearly subscriptions. No growth, to many closed door meetings.Way ..way to much turnover!, company has been around since 2002, since their conception they have gone through numersous C-level executives, HR Personnal, sales people & I T Architects.

Advice to Management

Non of the senior management ever carried a briefcase, these C-level executives some former attorneys only know contracts..contracts..they dont know thow many phone calls or touches it takes to generate a prospect. At some point this excersise will allow you to climb "The ladder of Trust". Its called building a relationship with your clients. Something management does not know how to relate to, sad thing is most sales people only last 1 year if they are lucky.

RSS Feed </> Embed