Regus Reviews in Addison, TX

Updated September 21, 2014
2.8

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 17 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 27 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Longevity, Sucky Compensation

Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have to fight tooth and nail for promotions, work-life balance is great, benefits are pretty good

Cons

No annual increases for the past few years, they are VERY stingy with giving employees money for anything including skillset compensation. If they can take advantage of you money wise, they will.

Be willing to reward strong devotion and skillset, don't be so up tight with money.

Large reduction in corporate office work force, no promotion availability, management disrespects employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the type of work that I do and they have good benefits.

Cons

No training, micro management, management disrespects employees, tries to control professional and personal life.

The old time belief that your employees have no other options except employment with your company is not a reality. I believe in work-life balance, I don't take advantage of you, and do not appreciate the way you speak to and treat your team.

Accountant

Current Employee - Financial Accountant in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Accountant in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Regus for over 7 years. It is a good place to work at, Not stressful job, very minimum overtime during month-end close.
    It gives more PTO than average company
    Great manager, supportive, not micro-management

Cons

Work itself is great, I have learned a lot from my current position, but it doesn't have a typical career path you can follow, not a lot of chance for promotion. As of compensation, it is so so , and it had been frosen for few years for annual raise.

Run

Former Employee - Accounting in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good company the job is wonderful. Good benefits. The people there are like family. And I don't think there is anything else that's a pro about this company

Cons

Management horrible. Sent pretty much all Corp jobs overseas for cheap labor and robust profits. They do not care about the people they hire at all

You can't help this company

Questionable business practices are the norm.
     A passive/aggressive management style with employees and clients.

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clients and employees have the opportunity to read contracts prior to entering into any lease or employment agreement. If you do not do your due diligence, you will regret not doing so.

Cons

Regus has created a system that seeks to get it's customers and employees sign contracts to maximize profits. As any company should.

On the surface the agreements seem equitable. However, the contracts are laced with language that is not disclosed up front. Sales tactics are employed like "this offer is about to go away." They imply that the product or job being offered may not be available if you don't act now.

Be very aware of what you are signing when doing business with or working for this company. Retain a lawyer and have all documents reviewed before you sign anything.

The sales process instructs managers to omit details of the client and/or employee relationship with Regus. They are a big company with a large legal department that they use liberally.

Middle management is trained and pressured work the system exactly as it has been presented.

Have some integrity and share all the facts with prospective office clients and employees about the culture. In a nutshell, profits and greed drive every decision. If you are ok with that, that's fine, just share that fact and bring some much needed disclosure to the table.

A Learning Experience

Former Employee - Billing in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Billing in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working hours, nice location

Cons

Little to no training, low pay

Show some concern for employees

Very friendly place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Management is willing to assist when a problem occours

Cons

World Wide company so coordination with overseas branches can be a problem

Truly an awful Company to work at!!

Former Employee - Accounting in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They seem very slick. They will appear to the public like the most concerned caring company - as if all they really care about is human beings. But it's all a sham.

Cons

Cram you into tiny work spaces. Micromanage your work. Keep adding more new job requirements to you daily and expect you to work harder and longer for the same entry level pay. Regus keeps buying more and more international companies and keeps getting more and more integration work to do. But will not give you time to do your job - they expect miraculous results immediately! Will fire you in a heartbeat and have you escorted out the door in front of everyone on a whim. Absolutely no job security. You can't complain about anything or they will fire you. They just want yes people willing to become work slaves, and never complain. They expect miracles. They expect you to do things without any training. Fix this, fix that, constantly. Their communication is terrible. They don't share information and half the time they give you job duties with incomplete instructions or knowledge. Asking for more information is seen as complaining.

Decide on set requirements for a job and don't change it. Additional duties should be paid for, not assumed that the person will take on all the additional work for free. Stop micromanaging staff. Give staff time to perform the work.

I've made a huge mistake!

Former Employee - Corporate in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are fair, inline with 'normal' companies.

Cons

Knowledge, experience and education are not valued and are in fact shunned. It's the weirdest environment I've ever seen. There is no teamwork bc most people are too insecure to share ideas and avoid change so they don't want to hear others, it's very much a place of 'that's not my job'. The people are very insecure with their roles and get offended very easily if help or assistance is offered. Bring in new ideas to help streamline an archaic department and you you will pay for it. Long time managers make things personal, call in b/c you truely have a child that is ill? Tomorrow your manager won't speak to you. I've never experienced anything like it and I hope and pray that I never do again. I'm speaking from working in the corporate office.

Find value in your employees, don't let certain managers overstop their bounds and bully.

Inconsistent

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No drug test, easy promotions, good pay for little or no experience, a lot of locations to work,

Cons

Horrible management, inconsistent with policies, unfair treatment of employees, make up policies as they arise, management changes almost every other month, always feel like our job is on the line.

Management needs training on how to manage employees. Stop promoting people based on personal feelings and start promoting on work ethic and qualifications. Use lower level employees to help improve the business since they are the people actually doing the work. It may improve the revenue and the moral of the company.