Regus Reviews

Reset
2.6
Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • Benefits are good and there are opportunities for growth (in 19 reviews)

• The work life balance atmosphere is great (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand middle management needs (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

Mixed Feelings

Former Employee - Learing and Development in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Learing and Development in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus

Pros

Regus is a global company with the feel of a small company. I really felt the culture brought employees together so that we felt like a close-knit family. In my particular case, I worked at a beautiful office with great amenities. This is generally the case with Regus, as they specialize in executive office space, so it was always nice to come to work. I also appreciate that they are active in the community and supported charitable causes.

Cons

Upper management often made it difficult for people to effectively do their jobs. They have been trying to implement yearly performance reviews, but this has not been part of the culture, so I never got one, let alone a raise. Things change from week to week, and often these changes do not make sense, i.e., people being laid off and then brought back 6 weeks later, changing a policy and changing it back 6 months later. This is just an observation, but many people complained of being overworked (and often underpaid), especially the field staff. This seems to be getting worse, as they are laying off field personnel and consolidating roles, increasing the workload for those who are already stressed out and overworked.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees. You hired them because they are smart and capable. They are an asset to you as much as your customers are, and if they are not treated properly, the best will find other opportunities.

Horrible! ABSOLUTELY the Worse company/employer/Management for whom I have Ever worked in my 40 year working career!

Former Employee - Telecom Support Tech in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Telecom Support Tech in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus

Pros

There are No Pros for this company! There are not enough words to say how I Really feel about Regus. AND, there are literally thousands more past and present employees who feel the same.

Cons

Management, management, management!! Managers are Not managers, they are puppets of the levels above them. It starts with the CEO Mark Dixen and 'it' flows downhill from there. "Micro-management" is the word of the day, the month, the year! Again - Worse company Ever!! Don't waste your time, your efforts, or your health!

Advice to Management

Quit!! Retire!! Go count the grains of sand on a beach. Do Anything but Try to run a company or instill good employees with your - I can't even say the word, but it is four letters - pick one.

Large reduction in corporate office work force, no promotion availability, management disrespects employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the type of work that I do and they have good benefits.

Cons

No training, micro management, management disrespects employees, tries to control professional and personal life.

Advice to Management

The old time belief that your employees have no other options except employment with your company is not a reality. I believe in work-life balance, I don't take advantage of you, and do not appreciate the way you speak to and treat your team.

5. Good Longevity, Sucky Compensation

Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have to fight tooth and nail for promotions, work-life balance is great, benefits are pretty good

Cons

No annual increases for the past few years, they are VERY stingy with giving employees money for anything including skillset compensation. If they can take advantage of you money wise, they will.

Advice to Management

Be willing to reward strong devotion and skillset, don't be so up tight with money.

6. Accountant

Current Employee - Financial Accountant in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Accountant in Addison, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Regus for over 7 years. It is a good place to work at, Not stressful job, very minimum overtime during month-end close. It gives more PTO than average company Great manager, supportive, not micro-management

Cons

Work itself is great, I have learned a lot from my current position, but it doesn't have a typical career path you can follow, not a lot of chance for promotion. As of compensation, it is so so , and it had been frosen for few years for annual raise.

Run

Former Employee - Accounting in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company the job is wonderful. Good benefits. The people there are like family. And I don't think there is anything else that's a pro about this company

Cons

Management horrible. Sent pretty much all Corp jobs overseas for cheap labor and robust profits. They do not care about the people they hire at all

Advice to Management

You can't help this company

Questionable business practices are the norm. A passive/aggressive management style with employees and clients.

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clients and employees have the opportunity to read contracts prior to entering into any lease or employment agreement. If you do not do your due diligence, you will regret not doing so.

Cons

Regus has created a system that seeks to get it's customers and employees sign contracts to maximize profits. As any company should. On the surface the agreements seem equitable. However, the contracts are laced with language that is not disclosed up front. Sales tactics are employed like "this offer is about to go away." They imply that the product or job being offered may not be available if you don't act now. Be very aware of what you are signing when doing business with or working for this company. Retain a lawyer and have all documents reviewed before you sign anything. The sales process instructs managers to omit details of the client and/or employee relationship with Regus. They are a big company with a large legal department that they use liberally.

Advice to Management

Middle management is trained and pressured work the system exactly as it has been presented. Have some integrity and share all the facts with prospective office clients and employees about the culture. In a nutshell, profits and greed drive every decision. If you are ok with that, that's fine, just share that fact and bring some much needed disclosure to the table.

A Learning Experience

Former Employee - Billing in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Billing in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working hours, nice location

Cons

Little to no training, low pay

Advice to Management

Show some concern for employees

10. Very friendly place to work.

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Management is willing to assist when a problem occours

Cons

World Wide company so coordination with overseas branches can be a problem

Truly an awful Company to work at!!

Former Employee - Accounting in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem very slick. They will appear to the public like the most concerned caring company - as if all they really care about is human beings. But it's all a sham.

Cons

Cram you into tiny work spaces. Micromanage your work. Keep adding more new job requirements to you daily and expect you to work harder and longer for the same entry level pay. Regus keeps buying more and more international companies and keeps getting more and more integration work to do. But will not give you time to do your job - they expect miraculous results immediately! Will fire you in a heartbeat and have you escorted out the door in front of everyone on a whim. Absolutely no job security. You can't complain about anything or they will fire you. They just want yes people willing to become work slaves, and never complain. They expect miracles. They expect you to do things without any training. Fix this, fix that, constantly. Their communication is terrible. They don't share information and half the time they give you job duties with incomplete instructions or knowledge. Asking for more information is seen as complaining.

Advice to Management

Decide on set requirements for a job and don't change it. Additional duties should be paid for, not assumed that the person will take on all the additional work for free. Stop micromanaging staff. Give staff time to perform the work.

RSS Feed </> Embed