Regus

Regus Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon

Mark Dixon

Pros:
  • "The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while"
    in 13 reviews
  • "It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Frustrating by the lack of communication"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Opportunity, Recognition, and Growth!

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsRegus has a great support system within it's culture that allows for opportunities to learn and grow with this expanding company. Throughout my experience here, I've been given the tools to progress; and as I've progressed, I've been recognized for my efforts. I've been challenged, rewarded, and encouraged by my peers, management, and clients.

ConsSometimes a lack of communication between departments; this is something that occurs in a lot of companies, and until technology catches up with the demands of individuals, this will continue to be a work in progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open communication between upper management and entry-level about the possibilities of growth. As it is now, a lot of people don't believe there is an opportunity for upward movement unless its specifically asked for.

Firing spree coming soon

Los Angeles, CA

ProsPto is good, except it is rarely approved without a fight and you are expected to check messages and work while off

ConsConstant screaming from above, rollouts that never work, "efficiency" projects that actually create more work, no consistency in messages from VP level.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are not respected and they know it. Stop the fear management. The RVP loves to preach culture, but he is clueless about what it means and how to foster a good, productive corporate culture. We are about to see a massive firing spree. ADs are being demoted, and there is a new constant message of "you want to be a GM? You MUST do 10 deals, have 65% retention and do 10 tours". Fair enough I guess, except only about 5% of the company does this. Last year the RVP got nailed with about a $4 million lawsuit for wrongful termination because he didn't like hearing about a GM that wanted her employees to like their jobs. Lost that case, cost the company millions. So now he has set parameters that almost no one can meet, is making it clear that many will be fired soon and is using the new parameters to avoid getting sued again. Many will be fired in the next month or so, and the survivors will find themselves managing multiple centers, thereby killing their opportunity for bonus since the dual GM bonus is unattainable. Sorry Regus, many are on to you. Preach culture this, service that all you want. Without actual support you will never grow the company. Avoid working here, they do not promote, there are no raises and you get threatened with your job constantly.

Great job, dynamic company.

Area Director (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsRegus has been a great opportunity for me and provides an environment for professional development. The company is growing rapidly and is evolving to meet the needs of clients worldwide. Along with this growth comes much opportunity for advancement for those who work hard and are willing to accept and execute on developmental feedback. No days are the same at Regus, which keeps the job as challenging as it is rewarding. We are encouraged to give back to our community and our team enjoys that opportunity by volunteering at local charities several times a year. It has been the most enjoyable career in my 30 years of work history.

ConsFor people who can easily adapt to change this company is a great fit. Those who are resistant to change and challenge they will have a difficult time with the rapid pace and responsibility the roles here require.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You are focusing on the right things to create a great environment for the employees and customers alike. The Las Vegas area has developed a great culture because of the solid direction from senior leadership.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Only Thing That is Constant is Change.

San Francisco, CA

ProsBenefits, opportunity for growth, provide a place for others to feel comfortable doing their job/running their business. Opportunity to meet incredible clients and expand business networking.

ConsExtreme lack of communication, support, consistency, and training. Employees are taken advantage of by being given more responsibilities and a "title" with no additional compensation. Roll-out of products without telling or training employees. The names and uses of systems and software will change with no warning or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide additional training other than videos that do not reflect the real-life circumstances we are faced with. The training videos are globally based instead of demographically, and do not provide enough training so that their employees can be successful at the starting point instead of making so many mistakes that they finally get it right (which is what I have personally gone through and seen with other new hires).

Exciting and Fast paced professional business with huge potential

Area Director (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsI have been with Regus for 5 years and I must say it is the best decision I could have made for my career. Regus is a performance based company that has achieved amazing growth in a relatively limited time. The support from upper management is better than any company I have ever been in. The individuals that I work with on a daily basis are some of the most driven and accomplished professionals I have ever had the privilege to work with. The culture is evolving and had made great strides in becoming more customer and employee centric. With the right focus and support, you are able to achieve a great work/life balance. Regus is a great company to work for with a bright future and an all-star team.
    In summary, there is strong support from management, competitive pay, flexibility, a dynamic environment, a performance based, and longevity.

ConsThere is constant change, some good and some bad. System upgrades and improvements are slow and slightly behind the current technology. This can lead to unnecessary time spent on manual processed or correcting mistakes made by automated processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you improve systems functionality it will solve several critical areas of the business and allow for better scalability

Regus is fast-paced, growing company that offers great opportunities!

Denver, CO

Pros-opportunity for growth
    -great clients
    -great company culture
    -great work/life balance

ConsI have no major cons at this time.

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to work on your own and run your own business. We have the ability and atonomy to make the best judgement for our business which allows us to ensure a profitable business.

ConsMinimum ways to move up. There isn't much opportunity for high earnings. With all of the growth happening it seems that there aren't other job opportunites for Managers besides statying a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a clear path for advancement.

It's an okay job ... Things could be better

Boston, MA

ProsFast pace
    Clients
    No weekends
    A lot of holidays off
    Pto
    Benefits

ConsManagement
    The new GM role
    The new part time employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGive each center at least 2 full time people!!!!! Atleast if your going to create the GM role the senior CSRs who basically run the center and do ALLLLLLLL operations cannot do everything!!! Two people that work 4 hours per day with the client base we have is no help ! It's a pain in the butt!

I am an ASM that loves Regus

ProsIncredible opportunities for growth. Great management. Awesome product and services.

ConsGrowing very fast so you need to be proactive and learn systems.

Regus is a great place to work!

AREA SALES MANAGER (Current Employee)

ProsCareer growth, Large Company, Transfer Opportunities, great people,

ConsOngoing Change, Online tools not very user firendly

Advice to Senior ManagementI’ve been working for Regus for almost 14 years now. Regus is a great company for people who like to achieve growth in their career. I started as a receptionist and worked my way up to an Area Sales Manager. The channels are there, you can start small and grow big, it takes work, and is achievable and you can do it if you have the right attitude. What you put in is what you get out. This does not mean I agree with every single change in the company, and expecting that is impossible. This will never happen with any company. If you focus on your work and your job, then I really don’t think you’ll have any issues. Every company changes and strives to be better, and it’s no different for Regus. If you cannot adapt to change and want to be better then this company is not for you. I’ve learnt so much working at Regus, I’ve met so many great people, clients. They provide great benefits, 401K plans with matching! Their offices are beautiful, and motivate you to go to work everyday. It’s interesting to see all the different companies. I love the people I report to, open door policy, they are willing to listen to you and make changes if it makes sense. Any position requires hard work, dedication and staying positive. If you have all these attributes, then no need to worry, Regus is for YOU!

Worked for Regus? Contribute to the Community!

Regus Videos

Regus – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regus CEO Mark Dixon. All 313 reviews posted anonymously by Regus employees.