Regus

Regus Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon

Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while(in 13 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally(in 24 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication(in 9 reviews)

Lack of investment toward employees

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros401k, Vacation time and Health Insurance.

ConsUpper management does not understand middle management needs. They wanted us to wear black suits everyday, while moving desk and such. There is no room for growth if you don't have a bachelor degree, even know you showed you could do job. The CSRs are treated like dirt from upper management and area managers. They don't every say Good Job. One of the worse non-motivating companies I have ever worked for! . Then the pay is horrible for everything they want you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to learn how to treat ALL of their employees with respect and listen to what they say! Get rid of the black suits,!

You can have a great career with Regus!

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsTeam and family oriented atmosphere, Active GM's,not someone who won't help you. No matter what the issue,billing, client issue, etc., they are there to assist. We all work together to make the center and our customers successful. If you have a problem and don't know how to solve it, you can reach out to anyone in the organization and if they don't know the answer, they will direct you to someone who can help.
    Upper Management has implemented several new ways to upgrade and enhance everyone's ability to make Regus a super success.

ConsIT not as helpful as we would like them to be.
    Outdated phone systems
    Billing issues for customers. Regus has recently implemented a website that is sometimes not user friendly and this frustrates customers.
    Invoices are not always clear so the customer can understand what they are paying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue educating the GM's as well as the CSR's so we can all be successful and make Regus in Las Vegas stand out above all other areas. Continue appreciating their staff and know that we are all here to work together and to make a difference and make Regus a success. Teamwork is the key-Team stands for "together everyone achieves more."

Excellent company to work for!

Client Service Representative II (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsRegus is a very positive, professional, and friendly environment to work in whether you are a client or an employee. Your value is made evident and is appreciated by all levels of management on a a regular basis.

I truly enjoy working for Regus and would highly reccomend it to anyone looking for employment!

ConsNone:

The schedule is perfect- Monday-Friday with weekends off :)

Management is very supportive of it's employees and is always eager to promote growth from within!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere have been many exciting changes and growth to our region and I look forward to more of that in the future!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful organization to say the least...

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAttracted by offices in class A buildings and professional appearances of staff. But remember, the cover (fresh paint and business suits) does not make the book.

ConsTerrible leadership. Terrible culture. Terrible business practices. Terrible training. Terrible customer support.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney (i.e. Commissions/bonuses) does not buy integrity and work ethics. At least, not everyone falls for the carrot. Work on your culture, business practices and leadership team, train your employees, support your customers. Stop over promising and under delivering. You'll attract more clients, talent and retain capable employees.

Learn your skills and then move on...it isn't worth staying.

ProsThere are lots of opportunities to learn new skills. The clients tend to be awesome individuals to work with who value what you bring to their business. That's about it really.

ConsThere is little room for growth, as there can only be one person with each title at each center, so unless someone leaves or there is a new center built you can't advance. There are no raises on merit or your increased responsibilities. It's like pulling teeth to get upper management to communicate with you or treat you as part of the team. The job gets more and more difficult, your benefits get worse and worse. The job title is really off...CSR? Really?!?! We're much more akin to office managers and administrative assistants. They pay you based on similarly titled roles in your city, so that lets them pay you significantly less than market rate. The job has changed significantly in the last year as upper management is under pressure to hire less and get more from each employee while also paying them as little as they can. HR violations, nepotism, no value for individual skills - the dress code is stuck in 1985 and the corporate atmosphere doesn't foster new ideas or creative problem solving. Just do whatever the corporate teams send down the pipes. None of them have any experience doing the job they are tasked with, so the solutions end up half done with no forethought or follow-through. Very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people. We are the reason your company is successful. Title your employees appropriately. Bring back bonuses at a monthly or quarterly rate. Bring back merit based pay increases and mandatory reviews with center teams. Quit expanding so quickly that you can't keep up with staff, it affects how you are perceived by your clients. Quit transferring management and staff to multiple centers in a year. It feels disorganized and haphazard to your teams and clients. Let centers be in step with the local scene with regards to protocols, center look and dress code. We feel old fashioned and stodgy by comparison. Invest in all products you say you offer - particularly shared working spaces. Look at the pricing structure of our IT and telecoms services, it is so much cheaper for others to use their own, why would they use ours? Quit lining your pockets with the "record breaking profits" and massive growth and share that with your employees and re-invest it in your centers.

Exciting and Fast paced professional business with huge potential

Area Director (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsI have been with Regus for 5 years and I must say it is the best decision I could have made for my career. Regus is a performance based company that has achieved amazing growth in a relatively limited time. The support from upper management is better than any company I have ever been in. The individuals that I work with on a daily basis are some of the most driven and accomplished professionals I have ever had the privilege to work with. The culture is evolving and had made great strides in becoming more customer and employee centric. With the right focus and support, you are able to achieve a great work/life balance. Regus is a great company to work for with a bright future and an all-star team.
    In summary, there is strong support from management, competitive pay, flexibility, a dynamic environment, a performance based, and longevity.

ConsThere is constant change, some good and some bad. System upgrades and improvements are slow and slightly behind the current technology. This can lead to unnecessary time spent on manual processed or correcting mistakes made by automated processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you improve systems functionality it will solve several critical areas of the business and allow for better scalability

Regus is fast-paced, growing company that offers great opportunities!

General Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-opportunity for growth
    -great clients
    -great company culture
    -great work/life balance

ConsI have no major cons at this time.

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to work on your own and run your own business. We have the ability and atonomy to make the best judgement for our business which allows us to ensure a profitable business.

ConsMinimum ways to move up. There isn't much opportunity for high earnings. With all of the growth happening it seems that there aren't other job opportunites for Managers besides statying a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a clear path for advancement.

I am an ASM that loves Regus

ProsIncredible opportunities for growth. Great management. Awesome product and services.

ConsGrowing very fast so you need to be proactive and learn systems.

It's an okay job ... Things could be better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFast pace
    Clients
    No weekends
    A lot of holidays off
    Pto
    Benefits

ConsManagement
    The new GM role
    The new part time employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGive each center at least 2 full time people!!!!! Atleast if your going to create the GM role the senior CSRs who basically run the center and do ALLLLLLLL operations cannot do everything!!! Two people that work 4 hours per day with the client base we have is no help ! It's a pain in the butt!

Worked for Regus? Contribute to the Community!