Regus Reviews

Reset
2.4
Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • Benefits are good and there are opportunities for growth (in 19 reviews)

• The work life balance atmosphere is great (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand middle management needs (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great product and fun/high performing culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and a great product. A lot of room for growth if you are successful. There are stories throughout the company of people growing from entry level roles to senior management.

Cons

High expectations. Not the place for those that don't want a job where you have to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a positive culture. We've made good progress in the past few years.

2. Regus Charlotte

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

Benefit packages are great. 2 week training period in all the other locations and other staff members. Opportunity to grow in management positions.

Cons

You don't have just one set job description you have to be able to do everyone duties even GM.

3. GM

Former Employee - General Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regus is a great company as whole

Cons

Growth is limited with in your area and you will need to move to advance

Decent place to start, but don't expect to stay around for long...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Paid Holidays - Free coffee and tea - Exposure to a large clientele. You'll meet lots of people, network a lot, and learn tons along the way. - Tons and tons of experience you get to put on your resume that'll land you a better job that will value you more as an employee and pay you more than Regus does. - Great co-workers who share in the struggle of being a Regus employee. Friendly, funny, and always have your back. They make the job a bit more bearable.

Cons

Sigh. Where to start? As a CSR you earn a flat rate of $14/hr. As someone with little experience on a resume, I was okay with that. This job was a nice start for me to get some money while gaining valuable experience, but experience, being ripped off of benefits, and being severely over-worked with little training as well as zero opportunity for promotions or raises is all this company will offer you. When I started, they had me at two centers working part time. The hours were the same (8:30-5), but rather my days were split between two centers. They hired another CSR to do the exact same thing at the same two centers. So even though I'm part time between two centers of Regus, I was still working full time hours/days. Regus does this so they do not have to pay us "part-timers" full benefits, including full health insurance which I badly needed at the time. So because they ripped me off, I had to go out and pay for my own. Imagine having to do that when you're working full time and not being able to reap the benefits that you are more than working for. When I asked my GM about why Regus had me and this other CSR inconveniencing ourselves to switch between two centers rather than having each us work 5 days a week at a single center, they said that the centers couldn't afford a full time CSR. At first I believed them, but I quickly realized that this was a lie. Each Regus center is run by 2-3 employees overlooking anywhere from 100-200 clients. In my center, we're constantly booked on day offices and conferences and often I am hearing of all these new centers that Regus is opening up. Not to mention, since part of the job deals with billing, invoicing, and such, I know how much Regus is making and believe me, with only 2-3 salaried employees to deal with PER center, you bet they have MORE THAN ENOUGH money to hire a full time junior CSR and be able to offer them the benefits they deserve. Basically what it comes down to, Regus is unethically cutting corners in order to save money by undervaluing their employees, adopting a new part-time model that saves them money but severely inconveniences you by having you drive to a new center almost every day (so be prepared to work full time but still be considered part-time and receive little to no benefits), working at a center that is understaffed (the 2-CSR-per-center model just isn't working anymore), and having no annual raises, promotional opportunities, or bonuses. There is literally no incentive to doing your job well or for even staying around for any length of time. Everyone here is correct when they say the pay does not equate to the work you do. Here just a few of the things I can think of at the top of my head as to the responsibilities of a CSR: - Answer phones - Handle booking, including creating, canceling, checking in/out - Move furniture, fix and clean ALL day offices and conferences room. Do this again whenever a client checks out of them for the next client. - Sort mail, file them, deliver them personally to client's offices, mail out others depending on client preferences (fedex, etc.), keep others sorted in filing cabinets for pick up. - Stamp outgoing mail, charge the appropriate client, put on labels, send it out to the post office in the building. - Keep kitchen, sink, coffee area, all tables in the lounge area, and refrigerators clean at all times - Put all dishes in the dishwasher and put it on. Take previous load of dishes and restack them in cabinets. - Restock coffee and other coffee items (napkins, creamer, sugar, paper towel, red stirring sticks) - All sorts of billing and invoicing issues, questions and inquires. - Taking inventory and recording all incoming packages, phoning clients to tell them to pick them up. - IT tech support for clients who have trouble with everything from their phones, to internet, video conferencing, booking, billing, etc. - Handle incoming clients for those who have booked a day office or conference And these are just the few I can think of. This job will have you multi-tasking at insane levels. You aren't just a front-desk CSR, you are also the maid, the accountant, and the IT people. GM's don't know how hard we have it, they are constantly micro-managing making the CSR's job harder and more stressful. They pile any sort of work they get onto their CSR's as if we have nothing to do (we are usually dealing with 4 things simultaneously and our minds are elsewhere). I've worked with senior CSR's who were disgruntled at Regus' penny-pinching or outright refusal to pay them when they work over time, they had GM's edit their timesheet to make it seem like they were weren't working long hours. The amount of illegal, unethical behavior that is exhibited by this company is outrageous. There was always this one sentence I kept hearing from all the senior CSR's I had the pleasure of working with "They [Regus] don't care." And it really, really shows. Try having to walk away from your desk to clean the kitchen or a conference room, but then getting scolded when you aren't at the front desk to answer telephones. Hello, we are people! We are real people who have our own limitations. What these people expect of you is impossible. Only work here if you need tons of work experience, because you could literally fatten your resume with all the things you had to do at Regus. The only thing that made this job bearable was the clients. They appreciated you, respected you, and saw firsthand how hard you were working. Regus sees it too, but again, they just don't care. Do yourself a favor and go work somewhere else. A cashier at Costco makes $16/HR for doing not even half of what a Regus CSR has to do and they offer full benefits to even their part time employees. Don't sell yourself short like I did. There wasn't a single person I worked with at Regus who spent every free moment looking for a new job.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. There is a reason people are leaving and why new hires don't stay for very long. Corporate needs to sit down and have a meeting just reading these reviews and making some SERIOUS changes. If Costco pays and treats their employees better than a professional, business company, then you to re-evaluate EVERYTHING. Stop being greedy and penny-pinching. Treat your employees with respect. Treat them like people.

Regus Response

Jul 16, 2015 – VP, HR Americas

Thank you for taking the time to detail your concerns. Regus does have a mix of full and part time employees in order to meet the demands of our customers and allow flexibility for our workforce ... More

6. CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Regus (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, great hours. Work independently most of the time

Cons

Not sure of real career opportunities

Advice to Management

Better training

7. Nothing

I have been working at Regus

Pros

Work life balance is recognized and less stress

Cons

Its more a stable position and not technology aggressive.

8. For Gap Year Students

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are taking a gap year between high school and college, I highly recommend working here. This is a great way to get used to working in an office and offers ample opportunities to network with their clients who may hire you once you graduate college. Great exposure to both startups and established companies. Offers great benefit plans.

Cons

Upward growth is minimal/non-existent, unless you are willing to travel. Has all the pay rate issues of a large company.

Advice to Management

Create smaller tiers to allow for more upward growth.

General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, full benefits amd 401K match

Cons

You're doing the job of several people but have the salary of one. More and more responsibilities get added to your plate but no added compensation. This company has gotten very cheap.

Its a job

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, Good Benefits, Good Schedule

Cons

Micromanaging Poor sense of direction Not enough support No opportunity for growth, development, and advancement in the company

Advice to Management

It would be nice for them to actually take the advice that's presented to them through the employee surveys.

Regus Center Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

Nice environment, clean, professional work spaces, wonderful people for co-workers, good work-life balance, very little evening or weekends required.

Cons

Trouble deciding if managers need to be lease managers or sales reps. Recently has turned into too much of a sell-sell-sell management environment, and has removed too much managers' ability to negotiate leases or directly solve problems, making customer service more difficult.

Advice to Management

Don't hire sales oriented people and then expect them to rely on a canned script to succeed.

RSS Feed </> Embed