Regus

Updated February 26, 2015
2.6

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 19 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Mixed Feelings

Former Employee - Learing and Development in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Learing and Development in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus

Pros

Regus is a global company with the feel of a small company. I really felt the culture brought employees together so that we felt like a close-knit family.

In my particular case, I worked at a beautiful office with great amenities. This is generally the case with Regus, as they specialize in executive office space, so it was always nice to come to work.

I also appreciate that they are active in the community and supported charitable causes.

Cons

Upper management often made it difficult for people to effectively do their jobs.

They have been trying to implement yearly performance reviews, but this has not been part of the culture, so I never got one, let alone a raise.

Things change from week to week, and often these changes do not make sense, i.e., people being laid off and then brought back 6 weeks later, changing a policy and changing it back 6 months later.

This is just an observation, but many people complained of being overworked (and often underpaid), especially the field staff. This seems to be getting worse, as they are laying off field personnel and consolidating roles, increasing the workload for those who are already stressed out and overworked.

Listen more to your employees. You hired them because they are smart and capable. They are an asset to you as much as your customers are, and if they are not treated properly, the best will find other opportunities.

Nice place to work.

I worked at Regus

Pros

Feels like you have a purpose.

Cons

It can be hard to move up at this company. I think more opportunities should be made to recruit from within.

Allow more opportunity to move up and compensate better based on the area.

Good first job but not a career place

I worked at Regus

Pros

Lots of vacation (more than typical corporate America). I really don't work a lot in the new office and spend a lot of my time surfing the web and texting on my personal gear.

Cons

You should be thick skinned to work at a mature center as you are a secretary for all the clients in the office and when anything goes wrong the blame is on you

Wow!!! I am not the person that would ever rent a place here and I get that but give me a chance to show what I can do in sales if I fail it's time for me to move on.

What a DRAg, no need for intelligence here....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than a year)

Pros

9-5, no weekends thats it!

Cons

Everything..... my brain is dying here. Upper mgmt only cares about sales. Regus over prices everything for low grade amenities and office space. Mediocre facilities and low pay to its employees..... only reason i took a job here was to transition into an Administration career, little did i know Regus was not up to date with its processes and don't have up to date equipment or processes. I'm done. I'm not learning anything but how to be left behind in the past and not advance in life.

no one has a clue.

Major layoffs

I worked at Regus

Pros

I can't think of a pro.

Cons

Regus just did a major layoff of managers across all departments. This has stayed out of the news.

There are alot of changes in the Corporate world, but Regus has way too many in a short period of time

I worked at Regus part-time (more than a year)

Pros

PTO time, Benefits are good. Working with the clients is exceptional and they are the ones that appreciate you as an employee.

Cons

Negativity among the general managers and the way they treat their employees. If you enjoy working in a sweat shop, this is the place to be. Moving furniture, cleaning kitchens including refrigertors and microwaves, emptying dishwashers and also fitting in time to do your office work. If you are willing to take alot of the blame for mistakes made by others than yourself, then you should interview for the job.

It would be a wise idea for the general managers to have training on how to effectively treat their staff. They have alot on their plate with sales but to avoid so many turnovers, this would be advisable.

Used to be a great place to work

I worked at Regus

Pros

Great concept, great dedicated staff

Cons

Regus has been working to cut costs by firing/squeezing out tenured employees who have worked so hard to build the company. They're losing good people, good clients and the future of the business

Find a less painful way to correct the mistakes of the past or there won't be anything left to save.

This job is very slow paced and lacks inspiring goals.

I have been working at Regus

Pros

There are many different people and companies that you meet often.

Cons

There aren't very many growth opportunities; in addition to, lack of motivation, culture and values

CSR II / Meeting Coordinator

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in McLean, VA

I worked at Regus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Definitely personal growth! I got to bring in creative ideas (worked with my Operations Manager & General Manager) to give our centre a boost of revenue. Ways to vamp up the office model and during a certain day of the month, we can give our clients and guests a day of appreciation. I was trained in a lot of tasks that weren't part of my job title which was great, gained for more skills and experience.

Cons

Perhaps that I didn't a lot of my superior's work and was not recognized for the work. Management gossiping about our clients and their guests. Staff ignoring clients' requests and comments/advice. Favoritism.

Show your hard working staff some appreciation. Never gossip. Avoid favoritism.

Very FAST paced- constant pressure to be selling at any cost, even if it involved sleazy salesman techniques.

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager
    Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fun work environment with upbeat high-energy people.

Cons

The environment consumes you and suddenly you realize you are burnt out due to no time outside of Regus. High pressure sales daily.

Provide work life balance to employees in outside sales roles.