Regus

Regus Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon

Mark Dixon

Pros:
  • "The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while"
    in 11 reviews
  • "It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management is a challenge - high demands with little direction"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Frustrating by the lack of communication"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work but has its challenges

General Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSales environment, great work life balance, most of the people are great.

ConsLegacy employees from the mom and pop days have struggled to adapt to the new corporate management. Sometimes this can bring moral down. The systems are a struggle to deal with because many of them are old or built in house and either don't talk to each other or miss key functionality.

Great, fast paced environment

San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAbility to meet and work alongside many of the greatest clients and companies around.

ConsNothing of any real significance

Good Company

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros4+ weeks vacation time, compensation isn't too bad, employees are awesome, day to day variety, a lot of experience for the resume

Conslots of corporate changes, and lots of employee transitions.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depressing Place to work at

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBonus & great clients, greal locations & transfer request is possible if there is a room

ConsNot a lot of room for growth. Lot's of Politics! No pay scale for a desired position?

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring internally & developing Team Members. Povide a lot of Training. Increase salary. More defined Job description fo CSR's...It seems like we are doing everything?!
I wish that it is a more Business Casual environment & maybe CSR;s will stay longer & be happier rather thatn always trying to put a poker face when higher management or executives are in town & that we are like to act as if they are a higher being? I don't get it? Being Professional is completely different than being FAKE! Everything has to be so role-played & so scripted.

Questionable business practices are the norm. A passive/aggressive management style with employees and clients.

Client Service Representative (Former Employee)
Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time for more than a year

ProsClients and employees have the opportunity to read contracts prior to entering into any lease or employment agreement. If you do not do your due diligence, you will regret not doing so.

ConsRegus has created a system that seeks to get it's customers and employees sign contracts to maximize profits. As any company should.

On the surface the agreements seem equitable. However, the contracts are laced with language that is not disclosed up front. Sales tactics are employed like "this offer is about to go away." They imply that the product or job being offered may not be available if you don't act now.

Be very aware of what you are signing when doing business with or working for this company. Retain a lawyer and have all documents reviewed before you sign anything.

The sales process instructs managers to omit details of the client and/or employee relationship with Regus. They are a big company with a large legal department that they use liberally.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management is trained and pressured work the system exactly as it has been presented.

Have some integrity and share all the facts with prospective office clients and employees about the culture. In a nutshell, profits and greed drive every decision. If you are ok with that, that's fine, just share that fact and bring some much needed disclosure to the table.

Great value proposition, work environment not so much...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy teammates and clients. Work from anywhere, make your own schedule.

ConsBorderline abusive company culture, growth at all costs leaves employees burned out and discouraged. Morale is generally very low. In the worst cases, unethical behavior is overlooked to close sales.

Customer Service but no investment in employees

Customer Service Representative Senior (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to work for if fresh out of school. Benefits are good.

ConsIf you are unable to multitask this job is not for you. Must be able to wear multiple hats and be ready for whatever the day may bring.

loved my job, mixed feelings about the company.

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunities to sell into other markets and work with C-Level clients. You can move up if you are a self starter and take control of your career. It's a sink or swim environment. There is never a dull moment (which i prefer)

ConsToo many distractions which trick down from senior management. Mixed messages on direction of the company during rapid growth and strategy. Employees are not rewarded for their hard work which leads to lack of motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on building a company culture and motivating, training and mentoring your teams. Get a strategy in place and get everyone on board to eliminate the daily fire drills! Your hiring process has too many flaws.

Challenging..

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regus full-time for less than a year

ProsGood PTO
Excellent office environment
Great if you're sales oriented

ConsUpper Management is a challenge - high demands with little direction
Constant reporting, meetings, and calls scheduled for sales updates leaving little time to actually sell.
Operations are a handcuff to sales
Operations constantly changing
EXTREMELY structured environment

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the process for employees actually running their centers to solve issues easier. Having to enter "tickets" for folks around the world to solve issues such as IT are cumbersome and take days or weeks to solve. Clients do not understand why we cannot make a phone call and resolve issues immediately. Also, have upper management actually work WITH their centers to solve issues. It is hard to produce on high sales and retention demands without direction.

A great company to grow with and learn all facets of the hospitality industry.

General Manager (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTalents and professional experience is a bonus in assisting clients needs and wants. Successfully stimulated, makes you a better person.

ConsNepotism or favoritism, affects the core value of equality. Managers working more hours or have time-off are not compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat managers with dignity and respect. Provide better training without skepticism and ulterior forcible repercussions.

Worked for Regus? Contribute to the Community!

Regus Videos

Regus – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regus CEO Mark Dixon. All 280 reviews posted anonymously by Regus employees.