Regus Reviews

Reset
2.4
Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • Benefits are good and there are opportunities for growth (in 19 reviews)

• The work life balance atmosphere is great (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand middle management needs (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great product and fun/high performing culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and a great product. A lot of room for growth if you are successful. There are stories throughout the company of people growing from entry level roles to senior management.

Cons

High expectations. Not the place for those that don't want a job where you have to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a positive culture. We've made good progress in the past few years.

2. Une bonne expérience

I have been working at Regus

Pros

Je travaille chez Regus depuis peu. Je suis très contente de faire mon stage dans cette société, car on me donne les moyens d'apprendre beaucoup de choses. Regus propose des postes polyvalent dans lesquels on apprends beaucoup et cela permets d'acquérir de très bonne compétences. C'est une entreprise intéressante qui se développe de plus en plus en France et le monde.

Cons

Je n'ai pas encore trouvé.

3. WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED!

Current Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Regus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients are Nice and lots of interaction with nice people. Of course, I am not including management in this.

Cons

EVERYTHING! It is not uncommon to get berated in front of clients and coworkers. They like Robots. Never just be you, because they don't like that.

Advice to Management

Mark Dixon needs to listen to the needs of his employees and realize that we are people NOT robots. We aren't ignorant and we all work this job for different reasons. Management, please understand we are a valuable asset to your company.

5. General Manager

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Regus

Pros

You meet lovely people and most of the Regus folks are really very nice. The working environment is nice, as most Centers are up to date and are very pleasing to the eye. The commissions for the GM's are nice. They talk about bonuses but I have yet to see one in a year.

Cons

The standard work week does apply, but as a GM you are expected to get the work done! The Area Director will expect that you work on the weekends and late into the night for sales and marketing. The major problem is that they continue to make their business model with less and less staff to run each Center. Consequently everything falls to the GM. You may run a huge Center with only 1 full-time staff member and 1 part-time staff member. It's not nearly enough. You will have to have an extremely strong background in business matter, accounting, Operations, sales, marketing, IT (you are the boots on the ground for all IT for the clients - including setup for phones and their IT needs) full on HR (as you take care of your own hiring/posting of jobs, interviewing, etc). As mentioned in other posts, the Upper Management does not have any idea what goes on in the trenches. Anyone beyond the Area Directors/Regional Directors wouldn't have any idea. It really is a matter of "the king doesn't have any clothes". There is no job security and you could be disposed of easily and many have, even if they have been employed by the company for many years. If there is an issue with the Center, your staff, an HR issue, etc. The blame will be laid flat on you. It will basically be said that you are not managing your staff correctly, or not doing your job. Training is basically done by yourself on a computer with a two week period spent with another GM showing you the multitudes of things you have to know.

Advice to Management

They won't listen anyway.

6. Good company

I worked at Regus

Pros

client service work is easy

Cons

poor management and dress code

7. Poor Management Country Wide

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy having a desk job and gaining experience very quickly then Regus is a good fit, especially if you are never looking towards promotions or raises.

Cons

As far as management goes Regus is lacking severely, I have never in all my life worked for such a terrible company. I have wanted nothing more since I started at Regus to grow into a full-time position, I only make 500.00 every two weeks and that isn't enough to live on, but of course each time I ask about it I am told "Yeah of course let me make some calls" and here I am 6 months later still working Part-Time in a job that I used to love but the more I am uncovering the more I actually hate. Being a CSR means that you are doing all the work, You are the one running left, right and center to keep everyone happy, and in my case when I would reach out to my GM they would just sit there and shrug their shoulders and tell me they don't know what to do, What kind of Manager doesn't know how to deal with invoices?! or who the current clients in our center are? I know each one and what they generally ask for, I even know several of our clients clients, and meanwhile my GM is sitting in their office calling other GMs to set up nights to go to the bar together. You get in trouble for not being in every place at once and if you get stuck working a double and you want to have a lunch break? Good Luck finding the time, especially if you are alone. When you do work overtime the GM goes into the timesheet and changes everything around to make themselves look good and make it look like you forgot to clock in or that you forgot to clock out and shorts you on about 75% of the extra hours you worked. The training process is just sitting there watching a bunch of videos until you are done and they kinda throw you to the sharks. I am a CSR doing Senior CSR work by doing billing, Retainer Offsets, handling invoice issues, the filing for new office clients, EPRO, and setting up the phone lines and yet here I am sitting at the lowest part of the totem pole getting paid next to nothing when I am doing a good amount of the work. This company wont lead you anywhere within but it will at least give you a good amount of experience so you can find a better paying job with benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff instead of treating us like we are nothing, we work hard to keep things going and we shouldn't be taken advantage of. You get us to do these surveys and you let us think that it will influence something but in the end we still end up getting walked all over and treated poorly by management, IT and Clients.

8. Need a 'yes sir' attitude to survive

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Regus

Pros

working hour is relative stable for support staff

Cons

You never know how and why the boss being irritated. The CEO hold my red pocket money which is supposed to be given to all employees on the first working day after Chinese New Year. It is a cultural thing, nothing to do with bonus or performance.

Advice to Management

management should focus on big things, rather than tiny issues such as a red packet of a few dollars which is to be given once a year.

It's not too bad if you are planning to change job within a few month.....

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Regus

Pros

Set hours, mindless work if you are into those kind of stuff. Pretty good pay for the kind of work they want you to do. If you are looking for a stepping stone to get something on your resume this might be good for you. You get to do everything from billing to dishes.

Cons

Honestly I don't know where to start... In a nutshell, this is like a retailer operations job except they offer a better work environment. Employees talk bad about clients behind their back. Horrible communication among team members and employees here have the mentality of complaining to upper management before anything. Extremely micromanaging environment. Former employees tends to be happier leaving the company than anything else.

Advice to Management

There is a reason for such a high turnover rate... Of course that is not what you guys worry about so that's OK!

10. GM

Former Employee - General Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regus is a great company as whole

Cons

Growth is limited with in your area and you will need to move to advance

11. Regus Charlotte

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

Benefit packages are great. 2 week training period in all the other locations and other staff members. Opportunity to grow in management positions.

Cons

You don't have just one set job description you have to be able to do everyone duties even GM.

RSS Feed </> Embed