Regus

Updated December 18, 2014
2.7

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 19 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Overwhelming - you learn a new thing everyday

Current Employee - Costumer Service Representative in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great Staff;
    - always pays on time - salary above the average;
    - The chance to have as client , to know and work for some of the best companyes in the world

Cons

- upper management should care more about the costumer care representative - after all they are face-to-face to the client everyday;
    - The workload is sometimes too much for a small staff

A company that provides service should have its clients coming first. The lack of that at Regus somethimes can drive away good deals.

The worst-run company I have ever seen.

Current Employee - Csr1 in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is certainly a variety of tasks you will engage in at Regus. It will prove valuable experience in dealing with the demands of other jobs.

Cons

This is literally the worst-run company I have seen in twenty years of work at large companies and startups. Management is completely divorced from the realities of the business, and judges employees based on unreachable metrics that have nothing to do with the work at hand. Systems designed for employee use are outright broken, utterly unuseable, and require hours of workarounds and back-sending for even the simplest of tasks. Departments are encouraged not to talk to one another and to bury requests in lost and redundant ticketing systems (of which there are EIGHT at last count). Pay is terrible relative to skillset required and no raises are on offering, while bonus promises are unilateral lies. Training is absolutely non-existent, and you are expected to intuit how to use broken systems that don't work instantly or be penalized financially.

Throw the entire structure of the company out and start over. Not one single department functions as requested, and the CSRs and GMs on the frontline are consequently unable to do their jobs. Outsourcing billing and operational tasks to the Philippines has resulted in time delays of 3 days for even the simplest request and replies that have no relation to the English language. Stop harassing your employees over minutia when you assign them thirty hours of tasks to perform in eight, and then harass anyone who even applies for overtime.

Lots of politics

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chertsey, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chertsey, England (UK)

I worked at Regus

Pros

Great boss and team around me was a big positive

Cons

The most political organisation I've ever worked in.
    The MD was micro-managing every aspect of the business.

Trust those that you employ to lead or don't both employing them

Great culture, great teams to be a part of, excellent benefits! Work life balance is phenomenal!

Former Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of paid holidays (10) - even for part time people
    Great work life balance due to great schedule and time off: 2 weeks vacation, 4 floating holidays, 10 paid holidays
    Health benefits are very good & great 401K program
    Management on all levels is great to work with!
    Small teams at each location makes for a close cohesive team environment.
    You meet all types of people from all types of industries which is one of the things I enjoyed most about this job.
    Your duties range widely so you are never stuck doing monotonous tasks.

Cons

This is a fast moving environment and to be successful you need to be able to take on multiple tasks and follow through on them until completion.
    If your desire is to become a general manager in this company, it works best in your favor to have a 4 year degree or to be working on one.
    These are not necessarily cons, but they need to be considered when you are looking at your over all opportunity with this company.

Regus is a wonderful company to work for and my hope is that they continue to grow and build a network of successful individuals.

Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good product, some innovation in IT and Telecoms. Has some good employees in the field.

Cons

Staff are expendable, Regus knows in a bad economy they can easily replace you and they will and do. Upper management only cares about the bottom line and they feeling is propagated throughout the company.

Just like the Oakland Raiders, their issue lies at the very top. There is no advice I can give that would charge anything.

Morris County Regus

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the clients, the people who rent office space are friendly, and like to get along.

Cons

Favoritism, hostile environment, discrimination, 8 percent can love you if 1 percent doesn't your out, big turnover, cold upper management, not fair, play favorites and would not reccommend

none, only if in the group

Slave away for an ego-maniacal imperial tyrant

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you really need a job and have little or no ambition you may have found a home. You can simply trade time for money pretty easily if you lay low and just say yes to everyone. You will be able to get a job with the competition after a short time. Performance has no bearing on you raise because it will be the same as everyone else's...Zero

Cons

Not since the 1700's have so many Americans slaved away for an ego-maniacal imperial tyrant. After a week you will wonder why every employee is so paranoid. Fear rules the land. Good team members are surrounded by customers who are regularly harassed by company policy and procedure. Managers and Customer Service Reps have limited options to help customers . Higher level managers are nowhere to be found when customers get angry. When a disgruntled lawyer customer sues Regus and a team member, the team member is left to go to court alone. A recent Employee of the Year was written up for a statistic that they have no control over. There are at least 35 statistical measures for your performance and the focus will always be on the three that you scored lowest on. Staffing in the centres is dwindling...If you enjoy working alone with 50 customers asking you to answer the phone, get their mail right now and greet their visitors with a smile (once you have confirmed that you shouldn't first charge them $25) it will then be great. My immediate manager has been there more than 7 years and has taken two pay cuts in recent years. You are told to enforce policy until a customer contacts upper management and gets whatever they want. Its simply an abusive workplace!

Enjoy the money now. Be smart, tell employees to look for a better environment the day they start and you should do the same. You are all feudal serfs and the tyranny will continue.

Run don't walk from this company

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with a lot of great people, it's the only thing that saved me all these years. Time off and Holidays are great! Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

As a current Director in this company they do not know how to treat their employees. We are all just numbers and as our leader told us before a meeting we all suck, it's time to get new people working in this company that the tenure ppl need to go. We have only helped grow this company and worked countless hours but that doesn't matter.

You all need to realize what you are doing to this company. Hiring all new people is not the answer. Trying to scare employees with a ranking report is not how to run a business. We have not had a good year, I don't care how you look at it. Maybe you should take a step back and realize what you are doing before you lose anymore good team members. Clients hate us, employees hate coming to work everyday. This company has turned into one of the worst companies to work for and its very sad.

Mixed feelings...

I have been working at Regus

Pros

There's always something new to learn! An ever-changing environment is full of new experiences.

Cons

Low morale, managers with no people skills, workspace offers no privacy.

The yet again "new REGUS WAY" .....PART TIME AND HIGH TURNOVER!!!

Current Employee - CSR-Part Time in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - CSR-Part Time in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are fresh out of college or re-entering the work force, this is a great job.

Cons

No Training what so ever. Less than 20 hours a week is the new norm and that means if they let you go, they don't have to pay unemployment. You are expected to know everything at a senior executive assistant/Office Manager/Senior CSR level but they have never offered training.

Quit only focusing on how much money you can make. Quit misleading clients and giving bad service. Reward your employees instead of writing them up for bad performance when they were never fully informed of policies or trained on anything. If the blind keep leading the blind and it's all about money, this company will fail at some point. They have before. Greed will kill it.