Regus

Updated November 20, 2014
2.7

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 19 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Run don't walk from this company

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with a lot of great people, it's the only thing that saved me all these years. Time off and Holidays are great! Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

As a current Director in this company they do not know how to treat their employees. We are all just numbers and as our leader told us before a meeting we all suck, it's time to get new people working in this company that the tenure ppl need to go. We have only helped grow this company and worked countless hours but that doesn't matter.

You all need to realize what you are doing to this company. Hiring all new people is not the answer. Trying to scare employees with a ranking report is not how to run a business. We have not had a good year, I don't care how you look at it. Maybe you should take a step back and realize what you are doing before you lose anymore good team members. Clients hate us, employees hate coming to work everyday. This company has turned into one of the worst companies to work for and its very sad.

Mixed feelings...

I have been working at Regus

Pros

There's always something new to learn! An ever-changing environment is full of new experiences.

Cons

Low morale, managers with no people skills, workspace offers no privacy.

The yet again "new REGUS WAY" .....PART TIME AND HIGH TURNOVER!!!

Current Employee - CSR-Part Time in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - CSR-Part Time in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are fresh out of college or re-entering the work force, this is a great job.

Cons

No Training what so ever. Less than 20 hours a week is the new norm and that means if they let you go, they don't have to pay unemployment. You are expected to know everything at a senior executive assistant/Office Manager/Senior CSR level but they have never offered training.

Quit only focusing on how much money you can make. Quit misleading clients and giving bad service. Reward your employees instead of writing them up for bad performance when they were never fully informed of policies or trained on anything. If the blind keep leading the blind and it's all about money, this company will fail at some point. They have before. Greed will kill it.

Operations Manager

Former Employee - Center Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging days. Friendly tenants. Great co workers.

Cons

Extremely poor management and HR.

Start taking employees more seriously

Not a long term job

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

compensation
    nice offices
    good fellow employes
    Perks (parking pass)

Cons

Management lack of direction/changing direction
    Poor customer service

As I began working with Regus, they offered NO training, it was pretty much learn as you go and you found out after you didn't do something that you were supposed to have done it, even though no one trained you to do it. Their billing department is in India and constantly overbilled clients so I would have to spend a ton of time trying to get things fixed for clients. There are several Regus locations which any General Manager could sell into, but even if you sold into another center, that sale didn't count and unless you sold into your center, you were a bad sales person. Virtual office sales also did not count towards you being a good salesperson. Offices across the street from each other can vary greatly in price, so if you are at an office that has higher pricing than the one across the street, it is harder to sell into your center. Leads come pretty much solely from Craigslist or brokers, and ironically the brokers make more commission than you do. If you talk to someone first, they are your lead. So a GM in another location can talk to someone, you do all of the selling, but you get zero commission on the deal. Same with "corporate accounts"-there are corporate account managers, so you do all of the footwork while the corporate account managers get the commission. Management is poor and only cares about sales, but give you absolutely no direction or gives you a new direction each day. Messages about what they wanted from you would vary from day to day. "You should be out of the office selling", then later "You are spending too much time out of the office". Employees are shuffled around between offices because they think it will help performance, but just ends up hurting morale. Compensation from commissions and bonuses is such a complicated formula that you never know how much you will get from selling something, and it is constantly changing without them telling you so that you never actually know how much they owe you and it is never what you expect. There is no real way to work up in the company as Area Managers are generally always hired from outside of the company, and never really last long. Overall it is a decent job for a short time, but you will get burnt out by the stress of it all.

Customer service should come first
    Treat your employees right

Opportunity for growth, but constant restructuring of the company prevents clarity of expectations

Former Employee - Global Systems & Deployment in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Global Systems & Deployment in Dallas, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate environment that gives you good insight into operational business model

Cons

- Low pay
    - Convoluted titles and departments that don't provide employees clarity about to whom they should directly report
    - Constantly "restructuring" the company prevents actual growth for low and mid level employees
    (Ex, they may place you on a new team under the guise of a promotion, but your pay won't increase and your role won't be defined on paper, so then the employee doesn't know what others have been told to expect, and the employee is given work that doesn't seem to fit what their job description has always been)

- Too many mid-level managers, I worked best when I reported directly to a Director or VP and clearly understood how my project integrated with the larger business objective

- Technological aptitude among employees is low, and specifically for a team working on the business systems

- When you "hand-off" an employee/project manager onto a new team, make sure that employee understands the changing job role as well

- If you are moving an employee to a new team, perhaps give him or her a head's up that the new team is doing something completely different than what the employee had been hired for

- Too many "VPs" of made-up departments // everyone is a "manager" with nobody to manage....

No great pay, good for just starting off.

I have been working at Regus

Pros

its a good 9-5 to get a recent grad started in the corporate world

Cons

Forget about raises and bonuses sometimes

Great Team of people to work with

I worked at Regus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-Workers are great! Team goal achieving environment.

Cons

Upper management not aware of value in employees

Okay

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Regus

Pros

Liked my co worker and clients

Cons

No job growth. Compensation was horrible as well.

Very Obvious that this company is only out to get money

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are wonderful and we have great relationships with our clients and each other.

Cons

Very Obvious that this company is only out to get money. Does not take care of Clients or Employees. They make is almost impossible to learn and advance. If you do advance they find every opportunity to demote you. The systems in place do not work together, they work against each other.