Regus

Updated January 26, 2015
2.6

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 19 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 29 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible! ABSOLUTELY the Worse company/employer/Management for whom I have Ever worked in my 40 year working career!

Former Employee - Telecom Support Tech in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Telecom Support Tech in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus

Pros

There are No Pros for this company! There are not enough words to say how I Really feel about Regus. AND, there are literally thousands more past and present employees who feel the same.

Cons

Management, management, management!! Managers are Not managers, they are puppets of the levels above them. It starts with the CEO Mark Dixen and 'it' flows downhill from there. "Micro-management" is the word of the day, the month, the year! Again - Worse company Ever!! Don't waste your time, your efforts, or your health!

Quit!! Retire!! Go count the grains of sand on a beach. Do Anything but Try to run a company or instill good employees with your - I can't even say the word, but it is four letters - pick one.

Underappreciated

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Regus

Pros

I had the opportunity to work under 2 great GMs
    Interaction with various companies and clients
    Easy commute
    Nice work environment

Cons

Too much focus on sales
    Area directors do not appreciate the CSR position
    Be prepared for plenty of answering phones and non stop billing issues
    Little room for growth

Allow the area directors to work closer with the CSRs

Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good product, some innovation in IT and Telecoms. Has some good employees in the field.

Cons

Staff are expendable, Regus knows in a bad economy they can easily replace you and they will and do. Upper management only cares about the bottom line and they feeling is propagated throughout the company.

Just like the Oakland Raiders, their issue lies at the very top. There is no advice I can give that would charge anything.

Opportunity for growth, but constant restructuring of the company prevents clarity of expectations

Former Employee - Global Systems & Deployment in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Global Systems & Deployment in Dallas, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate environment that gives you good insight into operational business model

Cons

- Low pay
    - Convoluted titles and departments that don't provide employees clarity about to whom they should directly report
    - Constantly "restructuring" the company prevents actual growth for low and mid level employees
    (Ex, they may place you on a new team under the guise of a promotion, but your pay won't increase and your role won't be defined on paper, so then the employee doesn't know what others have been told to expect, and the employee is given work that doesn't seem to fit what their job description has always been)

- Too many mid-level managers, I worked best when I reported directly to a Director or VP and clearly understood how my project integrated with the larger business objective

- Technological aptitude among employees is low, and specifically for a team working on the business systems

- When you "hand-off" an employee/project manager onto a new team, make sure that employee understands the changing job role as well

- If you are moving an employee to a new team, perhaps give him or her a head's up that the new team is doing something completely different than what the employee had been hired for

- Too many "VPs" of made-up departments // everyone is a "manager" with nobody to manage....

No Value in Employees. Money is ALL THAT MATTERS!

Former Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Regus part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Other than earning a paycheck (very low I might add) there really isn't any.

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life (I am 45 and have had quite a few jobs in my day). I cried when I had to get up and go to work here. The way I was treated, I think, was borderline illegal. I had a death in the family, very close (Father in law), I took 2 days off for the funeral due the FMLA law... They DEMANDED to see a death certificate. Also, very demeaning and will scold you, not just in the office, but in front of other coworkers, clients, Fed Ex people, and sadly, it just didn't matter. It's very sad that a company , who makes as much money as they do, condones such behavior. I am fortunate though, I do not need to work, I want to work and so I was able to leave. The situation with my FIL was the last straw. Please, if you find a job, even at a fast food restaurant, you will be treated better than you will be treated here. They just don't care about you, I seriously cannot believe, in this day and age, people are Okay with treating others in this sort of manner.

Please PLEASE, PLEASE... learn to value your employees. We are people too. You see us as throw away pets that you can use and abuse. Please understand we have families. We are people who can make or break you. We are the first voice and face of your business, and we would like to be proud of that. But it is difficult to be proud of where we work when we are not valued where we work. We are hard working yet nothing is good enough. Not to mention that we deal with complaints as best as we can with the limited resources we have. Please understand that, without us, being professional, friendly and offering that first smile, you would be sitting at your 1 room apartment, wondering how you were going to pay rent next month... Just like most of us are, most of the time. We feel like you enjoy operating in fear. We fear losing our jobs because you see us as expendable, but we ARE people, with families to support, and most of all, we are human beings. We deserve the right to feel good daily, and not bring our stress and fear home to our families. Please read and take to heart. I wanted to work for you, and make you proud. I wanted to bring in business because without business, there would be no paycheck. I DID MY BEST.... BUT IT WASN'T EVER GOOD ENOUGH! I am glad to be gone, but feel sad that others will suffer the way I did. Nobody should be shamed in asking a grieving widow, who was married for 37 years for a death certificate to prove to her work that it wasn't a lie. I am glad to be free from you, I forgive you, and now I can move on!

Run. ..don't look back. This is a tyrant company.

I worked at Regus

Pros

Some co-workers are nice. Good health insurance. Fair vacation time and floating holidays. No weekends. 8:30 to 5pm job. Nice clients.

Cons

Labor practice is bad. You need to be physically fit to be in any field position. Moving furniture is part of your job. Abusive managers and Area Director. People who stay here just needed a job that's why they suck it up.

There's still time to change your management style.
    Quit brainwashing middle management to be a tyrant but instead think about the employees welfare as well. After all, one of the factors that clients stay because of the field operations. All the tenured and talented employees are leaving because of dissatisfaction.

Bad Reviews are growing for a reason....worst managed company ever...STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE NOT DESPERATE FOR A JOB!

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It offers a variety tasks and skills to increase your knowledge as a first time job after college or re-entering the work force. Very helpful co-workers and exposure to a variety of industries in one location. Great product when there is a recession going on.

Cons

Regus' new thing is part time only. It creates a very stressful environment for the CSR and General Manager. General Managers are basically puppets and have no control over maintaining service to the clients that Regus is screwing over. If you need a full time job this is not the place to be. They currently are only offering 15 hour work weeks at low pay. If you are a housewife or have a sugar daddy, then this might work for you but for the rest...keep looking. Regus thinks they train their employees via their on-line training but due to the magnitude of the work and being part time there is NEVER any time for training. Always expect to be written up....they like to do this and it's usually over something they "say" they trained you on which never happened.....just stay away unless you are desperate...

Learn ethical treatment of the customers and your employees. The New US CEO is clueless. He will wreck this company.

No great pay, good for just starting off.

I have been working at Regus

Pros

its a good 9-5 to get a recent grad started in the corporate world

Cons

Forget about raises and bonuses sometimes

The worst-run company I have ever seen.

Current Employee - Csr1 in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is certainly a variety of tasks you will engage in at Regus. It will prove valuable experience in dealing with the demands of other jobs.

Cons

This is literally the worst-run company I have seen in twenty years of work at large companies and startups. Management is completely divorced from the realities of the business, and judges employees based on unreachable metrics that have nothing to do with the work at hand. Systems designed for employee use are outright broken, utterly unuseable, and require hours of workarounds and back-sending for even the simplest of tasks. Departments are encouraged not to talk to one another and to bury requests in lost and redundant ticketing systems (of which there are EIGHT at last count). Pay is terrible relative to skillset required and no raises are on offering, while bonus promises are unilateral lies. Training is absolutely non-existent, and you are expected to intuit how to use broken systems that don't work instantly or be penalized financially.

Throw the entire structure of the company out and start over. Not one single department functions as requested, and the CSRs and GMs on the frontline are consequently unable to do their jobs. Outsourcing billing and operational tasks to the Philippines has resulted in time delays of 3 days for even the simplest request and replies that have no relation to the English language. Stop harassing your employees over minutia when you assign them thirty hours of tasks to perform in eight, and then harass anyone who even applies for overtime.

Great Team of people to work with

I worked at Regus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers are great! Team goal achieving environment.

Cons

Upper management not aware of value in employees