Regus Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
439 reviews filtered by

1. Business ethics and professionalism are optional among the North American leadership ranks.

I have been working at Regus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Regus business model is fantastic and can truly be of value to nearly every type and size of business out there. Regus puts flexibility into the commercial real estate equation and is uniquely positioned to be of value all over the globe.

Cons

The senior North American leadership team is in over its head and nearly every decision over the past year is going to do long term damage to the brand and health of the business. We are cutting where we can least afford to take cuts, our people. Technologically we are not equipped to handle 150-200 clients per location with 2 people, including the onsite General Manager who is being told to delegate everything to their junior CSR unless it is a sales related activity. The culture has changed from entrepreneurial to cut-throat and threatening over the past 12 months. Transparency and honest communication between the leadership team and its team members -and- the organization and its clients is severely lacking.

Learn to value your people, please. The organization has (for now) many outstanding and dedicated people who may start to look attractive to the greater marketplace. Provide support and leadership for your teams, without the spite and cynicism. Learn to value your clients beyond the monthly invoice. And, please try to be consistent in your leadership, communication, hiring / firing practices and strategy. If you could get just one of these right we may still be ok.

CSR II / Meeting Coordinator

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in McLean, VA

I worked at Regus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Definitely personal growth! I got to bring in creative ideas (worked with my Operations Manager & General Manager) to give our centre a boost of revenue. Ways to vamp up the office model and during a certain day of the month, we can give our clients and guests a day of appreciation. I was trained in a lot of tasks that weren't part of my job title which was great, gained for more skills and experience.

Cons

Perhaps that I didn't a lot of my superior's work and was not recognized for the work. Management gossiping about our clients and their guests. Staff ignoring clients' requests and comments/advice. Favoritism.

Show your hard working staff some appreciation. Never gossip. Avoid favoritism.

What a DRAg, no need for intelligence here....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus part-time (less than a year)

Pros

9-5, no weekends thats it!

Cons

Everything..... my brain is dying here. Upper mgmt only cares about sales. Regus over prices everything for low grade amenities and office space. Mediocre facilities and low pay to its employees..... only reason i took a job here was to transition into an Administration career, little did i know Regus was not up to date with its processes and don't have up to date equipment or processes. I'm done. I'm not learning anything but how to be left behind in the past and not advance in life.

no one has a clue.

if I could rate Regus 0 stars I would.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the health care is okay, now that most employers have to offer it- not worth working at Regus

Cons

they give you nothing, work you to the bone, make you work overtime off the clock. ... and then freeze internal merit raises despite the company doing well because of your work.

Care about your employees enough to promote more from within. If the company was more internally stable this wouldn't be as much of an issue. Since General Managers are constantly in fear for their own positions, it's dog eat dog with their own staff and other closeby managers. Even though CSR's carry each location they are given crap pay and little credit.

6. There are alot of changes in the Corporate world, but Regus has way too many in a short period of time

I worked at Regus part-time (more than a year)

Pros

PTO time, Benefits are good. Working with the clients is exceptional and they are the ones that appreciate you as an employee.

Cons

Negativity among the general managers and the way they treat their employees. If you enjoy working in a sweat shop, this is the place to be. Moving furniture, cleaning kitchens including refrigertors and microwaves, emptying dishwashers and also fitting in time to do your office work. If you are willing to take alot of the blame for mistakes made by others than yourself, then you should interview for the job.

It would be a wise idea for the general managers to have training on how to effectively treat their staff. They have alot on their plate with sales but to avoid so many turnovers, this would be advisable.

7. Very FAST paced- constant pressure to be selling at any cost, even if it involved sleazy salesman techniques.

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager
    Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager

I worked at Regus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fun work environment with upbeat high-energy people.

Cons

The environment consumes you and suddenly you realize you are burnt out due to no time outside of Regus. High pressure sales daily.

Provide work life balance to employees in outside sales roles.

Used to be a great place to work

I worked at Regus

Pros

Great concept, great dedicated staff

Cons

Regus has been working to cut costs by firing/squeezing out tenured employees who have worked so hard to build the company. They're losing good people, good clients and the future of the business

Find a less painful way to correct the mistakes of the past or there won't be anything left to save.

This job is a nightmare.

Former Employee - Csr1
    Former Employee - Csr1

I worked at Regus (more than 3 years)

Pros

Develop social skills. Thats about it.

Cons

Management do not care about the employees who are the face of the business. They cut staff and add more centers. Which does not make any sense. The decisions management make has never made sense. They cut staff and add the work load to the current employees without additional pay. "Duties" change whenever management feel like changing it. They have brought in new general managers and has not fully trained them on all of the systems. So, their team is required to do it all because the managers are too lazy to learn their job. I do not recommend anyone to work for this job. The clients are extremely rude and they do not pay enough to take the disrespect. Upper management will let anything slide from a client just so they can get revenue. They have one full time employee while the GM and other CSR is part time. The work load and the bull crap from management is not worth it. Growing within the company is a waste of time.

Have full time employees so everyone can learn how to run a center. Stop doing dual managers, all they do is dump the work on the CSRs.

10. communication is poor

I worked at Regus

Pros

many options for clients all over the world

Cons

bad communication with corporate. long response time

listen to employees more.

Decent job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is 15 an hour.

Cons

Rude clients make this job harder than it has to be. Management asks way to much for what they're willing to pay. No raises without promotions.