Regus Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
2.8

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

Pros
  • The benefits are good cause they have not raised our rates in a while (in 13 reviews)

• It depends of the job you've got there is generally a good work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle & upper management seem completely out of touch with what happens locally (in 25 reviews)

• Frustrating by the lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work but has its challenges

Former Employee - General Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sales environment, great work life balance, most of the people are great.

Cons

Legacy employees from the mom and pop days have struggled to adapt to the new corporate management. Sometimes this can bring moral down. The systems are a struggle to deal with because many of them are old or built in house and either don't talk to each other or miss key functionality.

Depressing Place to work at

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bonus & great clients, greal locations & transfer request is possible if there is a room

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. Lot's of Politics! No pay scale for a desired position?

Consider hiring internally & developing Team Members. Povide a lot of Training. Increase salary. More defined Job description fo CSR's...It seems like we are doing everything?!
    I wish that it is a more Business Casual environment & maybe CSR;s will stay longer & be happier rather thatn always trying to put a poker face when higher management or executives are in town & that we are like to act as if they are a higher being? I don't get it? Being Professional is completely different than being FAKE! Everything has to be so role-played & so scripted.

Great, fast paced environment

Current Employee - General Manager  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to meet and work alongside many of the greatest clients and companies around.

Cons

Nothing of any real significance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

4+ weeks vacation time, compensation isn't too bad, employees are awesome, day to day variety, a lot of experience for the resume

Cons

lots of corporate changes, and lots of employee transitions.

Questionable business practices are the norm.
     A passive/aggressive management style with employees and clients.

Former Employee - Client Service Representative  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Regus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clients and employees have the opportunity to read contracts prior to entering into any lease or employment agreement. If you do not do your due diligence, you will regret not doing so.

Cons

Regus has created a system that seeks to get it's customers and employees sign contracts to maximize profits. As any company should.

On the surface the agreements seem equitable. However, the contracts are laced with language that is not disclosed up front. Sales tactics are employed like "this offer is about to go away." They imply that the product or job being offered may not be available if you don't act now.

Be very aware of what you are signing when doing business with or working for this company. Retain a lawyer and have all documents reviewed before you sign anything.

The sales process instructs managers to omit details of the client and/or employee relationship with Regus. They are a big company with a large legal department that they use liberally.

Middle management is trained and pressured work the system exactly as it has been presented.

Have some integrity and share all the facts with prospective office clients and employees about the culture. In a nutshell, profits and greed drive every decision. If you are ok with that, that's fine, just share that fact and bring some much needed disclosure to the table.

Great value proposition, work environment not so much...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My teammates and clients. Work from anywhere, make your own schedule.

Cons

Borderline abusive company culture, growth at all costs leaves employees burned out and discouraged. Morale is generally very low. In the worst cases, unethical behavior is overlooked to close sales.

Customer Service but no investment in employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Senior  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Senior in Washington, DC

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for if fresh out of school. Benefits are good.

Cons

If you are unable to multitask this job is not for you. Must be able to wear multiple hats and be ready for whatever the day may bring.

loved my job, mixed feelings about the company.

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to sell into other markets and work with C-Level clients. You can move up if you are a self starter and take control of your career. It's a sink or swim environment. There is never a dull moment (which i prefer)

Cons

Too many distractions which trick down from senior management. Mixed messages on direction of the company during rapid growth and strategy. Employees are not rewarded for their hard work which leads to lack of motivation.

Work on building a company culture and motivating, training and mentoring your teams. Get a strategy in place and get everyone on board to eliminate the daily fire drills! Your hiring process has too many flaws.

it's all true....unfortunately

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Regus full-time for more than a year

Pros

NOTHING AT ALL I CAN THINK OF

Cons

Well, I got a pocketful of nothing. I took a job as a GM last year after much debate (read the other online reviews here and read them well) but after my research it seemed like a good company except just bad online reviews. Well, hate to say it but ALL you read that is bad online is very true. This place is micromanaged horribly , changes things with the wind or a whim of what “might work”, basically treats their own clients very badly, and the management is grandfathered in (no matter what anybody tells you, you cannot move up in this company because all of the directors have been there for ages and ages…they drink their own cool aide) but us lowly GM’s and customer service reps are talked to like we are children who have behaved badly on a daily basis. There is no positive encouragement here, nothing but negative talk on how you have not met your sales goals but strangely we all seem to pull it off every month and then again it is like “what have you done for us lately” mentality from our directors and also the Area VP is terrible….talks to us and treats us like we are dirt. Please if you are interviewing with this company, read ALL the reviews on here and really believe the negative reviews. They are all true. If their positive more than likely they paid company employees to write them.

to the directors and VPs....stop treating us all so badly!!!

Challenging..

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good PTO
    Excellent office environment
    Great if you're sales oriented

Cons

Upper Management is a challenge - high demands with little direction
    Constant reporting, meetings, and calls scheduled for sales updates leaving little time to actually sell.
    Operations are a handcuff to sales
    Operations constantly changing
    EXTREMELY structured environment

Make the process for employees actually running their centers to solve issues easier. Having to enter "tickets" for folks around the world to solve issues such as IT are cumbersome and take days or weeks to solve. Clients do not understand why we cannot make a phone call and resolve issues immediately. Also, have upper management actually work WITH their centers to solve issues. It is hard to produce on high sales and retention demands without direction.

Worked for Regus? Contribute to the Community!