RehabCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short

John H. Short

Pros:
  • "Flexible schedule and co-workers are good people"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Get paid on time and has decent benefits pkg"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company wanted increased productivity even though it compromised patient care"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Essentially you are paid as a full time employee but you are actually per diem worker"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best company Ive worked for in PA

Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for less than a year

ProsGet advancement opportunities for future

ConsI have no problems with this company

I was treated extremely poorly.

COTA (Former Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I worked at RehabCare full-time for less than a year

ProsIf I had any Pros, I would list them, but sorry, I don't. Why? This company is about productivity and far, far, far from patient care.

ConsI was terminated from my position in Greensboro, NC SNF facility after working 3 weeks due to low productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be a leach and feed on us for your own gain.

More of the same

East Saint Louis, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedule and co-workers are good people ..and it's a job there is not much nice to say about my current site. However not ever contract is as bad

Consbenefits are awful, if you have a family you will not want their insurance it is that bad

Advice to Senior ManagementMore like advice to corporate they really need to revamp their policies and stop giving financial incentive to program directors and regional. This seems to be increasing motivation for fraudulent activity. Life Care recently has been in the news for elevating RUG levels well it won't be long before we hear of more cases like that these rural homes think they don't have to play by the rules. In the mean time everyone gets therapy like it or not! Ethical NOPE what is best for patients NOPE but we all need a job

Physical Therapist

Rhinebeck, NY

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's good, flexible and friendly environment.

ConsToo much of documentation is required

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management is doing a great job.

working at Rehab Care

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at RehabCare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits and strong industry presence

ConsPoor organizational structure, not very ethical in business dealings with employees, poor training, and if considering a job with this company make sure you ask a lot of specific questions about your direct job functions, why others have left the role, and find a mentor that is trustworthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach, seriously

It a good company

Program Director (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey are more then competitive. Good people who are realistic

ConsRecent health insurance decreases. Itouch POC is horrible. I wish they would scrap their computer system. To much paperwork with a bad try at paperless

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business is realistic. People need to realize the atmosphere. People complain about the company but they are above average. The other companies I've worked for ate not as good as rehabcare. Productivity is realistic and anyone who says otherwise is mot attuned to the industry. They want to see people and not even earn their salary. The company, besides the paperwork, is good. Beware of Reliant rehab

Does not care for its employees

I have been working at RehabCare

ProsGood rehab team to work with

Consno salary raise /benefits.
Did not make 40 hrs a week

Contract positions. Watch out if they are losing their contract. You will be harrassed and humiliated until you leave.

Program Director (Former Employee)
Green Bay, WI

I worked at RehabCare full-time for more than a year

ProsNice coworkers who stick together to get the job done.

ConsAwful management. Corp Sales leaders/consultants have no sales experience. When their contract is up through no fault of the employee you will be harrassed and humilated to leave because they no longer need your services. It is their way or you are gone. They make up figures that can not be met to get the contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are no words to describe how awful employees at the company are treated. They will clean out a whole department of 20-50 people and start over. It happens all over this country.

Terrible company to work for

COTA (Former Employee)

I worked at RehabCare full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers were all friendly and easy to work with. Hourly rate was good.

ConsTreats therapists like they don't matter. They act like you should have no life outside of work. Productivity is way too high to ethically fit into one day. Rehab techs did more of the rehab managers job than they did transporting or assisting with patients. No raises due to pay freeze. Medical and dental expensive and coverage was poor. You almost never heard anything positive about how hard you worked or going above and beyond for patients, but they were quick to tell you when something was wrong. Very numbers driven company, not for the residents at all! Hardly ever saw upper management and when you did it was never said "good job" as a department for all the hard work. Too many patients put in highest rug level to maximize reimbursement, whether the therapist said they were appropriate or not. Everyone expected to be seen the max amount of minutes and are not all appropriate. Had to leave early when census dropped for months! I would be very careful if considering a position with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell your therapists you appreciate the hard work once in a while. Have techs do more transporting and assistance in the gym rather than managerial work in front of a computer for most of the day. Listen to therapists opinion on what a person can REALLY tolerate, not how much money can you make off of them. Upper management: Make sure the RM knows what they are doing and how to effectively lead the therapy team.

Run don't walk away from this job

Syracuse, NY

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

ProsReally can't think of any...let's see....the facility is near good shopping and restaurants..met a few nice therapists.

ConsEntire emphasis is upon generating profits for the corporation, absolutely not upon what is right for patients. Deceitful, unethical, mean spirited, guaranteed to be subject of further lawsuits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look at yourself in the eyes in the mirror and ask why you would participate in this despicable sham.

Worked for RehabCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RehabCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RehabCare CEO John H. Short. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by RehabCare employees.