RehabCare Reviews

159 reviews filtered by
2.7
RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short
John H. Short

Pros
  • positive environment, promotions, flexible schedule (in 8 reviews)

• good benefits, they actually listen to therapists opinions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management willing to provide numbers that client wants versus determining clinical need for services (in 11 reviews)

• Company wanted increased productivity even though it compromised patient care (in 10 reviews)

Rehabcare treats it's employees like slaves

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

Some therapists really care about patients

Cons

92% productivity. All patients at highest rug levels

Advice to Management

Productivity bonus scale starts at 87%. Productivity requirement is 92%. How's it a bonus?

The company is very numbers driven and fragmented because it is part of an even larger company.

Current Employee - Clinical Liaison
    Current Employee - Clinical Liaison

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

If you are a good employee they will take care of you. You have to produce numbers. They are fair in giving you a chance.

Cons

Commission structure is not enough, benefit packages are not good.

Advice to Management

Be realistic in admission goals set so employees aren't constantly feeling the heat. Each market is different and has lots of cons (or Pros) and no one listens to that side of it.

3. No upward mobility

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours. Come and go as you please. PTO is almost a month a year, PRN within the company at any other facility.

Cons

Wage flux, no or low bonuses, no upward mobility. Managers are overly concerned with minutes and never employees ability.

Advice to Management

Look after employees more. Other companies help and motivate employees, Rehab Care just wants whoever can get the minutes and have close to 100% productivity day in day out.

Horrible Company

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

Very good salary and willing to hire new graduates, liked the other therapists and assistants with few exceptions

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGement, I really cannot stress this enough. Both my facility manager and our regional director lied to therapists on a number of occasions. Management has attempted to bully us into performing unnecessary evaluations and when that didn't work they hired unnecessary therapists in an attempt to inflate the case load, residents are routinely rug'd too high, One of the therapists at our facility was promised that they would sponsor her work visa and 1 month before the application was due they pulled out but only after she called them numerous times. Another therapist was promised a salary increase upon going PRN which was never given. Long story short, if its not in the contract, they will not do it so GET IT IN WRITNG! I expect some problems with a contract facility but this is absurd. I am completely disgusted with the conduct of the managers in my area.

6. Great company!

Current Employee - COTA/L in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Mobile, AL

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

I like the close-knit atmosphere between employees. This company allows countless opportunities for growth and progression in the therapy world.

Cons

Initially, there were minor difficulties connecting with recruiters about posted openings. They did not respond to voicemails in timely manner.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion is to encourage recruiters to follow-up on potential employees during the hiring, or in my case, transferring process.

Very frustrating

Current Employee - PTA in Mount Carmel, PA
    Current Employee - PTA in Mount Carmel, PA

I have been working at RehabCare (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lenient with time off and call offs

Cons

Very unethical. Numbers oriented. Managers are spiteful. Company shows no appreciation for employees

Advice to Management

Need to show appreciation for the people who work for you to make your bonuses

8. Its a great company with a lot of career advancement opportunities

Current Employee - COTA in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - COTA in Austin, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

personal growth, ability to work a number of settings, flexible hours

Cons

difficult getting a raise, all about productivity

Advice to Management

Focus on increasing patient care not so much on increasing productivity

9. My overall experience with this company is very good, I work in a beautiful facility with professional co-workers.

Current Employee - Rhab Tech in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Rhab Tech in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

The hours are great and the Program Director is a great leader who really sets the direction of the staff.

Cons

Definitely personal growth is slow moving. I feel sometimes my hard efforts are not recognized.

Advice to Management

I have a great manager who knows what she's doing, her hands are tied when it comes to promotions.

10. Good benefits

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

National company with vast number of employment opportunities; Generous CEU/PCA program;

Cons

Must participate in a wellness program for fair health benefits premiums

Advice to Management

Discontinue Christmas tins and offer $5-$10 fast food giftcard or option to receive a gift from company's gift website

Don't let their name fool you.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Worcester, MA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros: this company is hands down the best at burning out their robots...I mean therapists. They are really good at overworking, underpaying, and always making sure that you feel unappreciated. They will never ask you to go above and beyond for a patient, unless of course, it's going to prevent them from dropping a RUG level. If you want to become a stagnant, depressed, clinically bored therapist who never wants to expand their clinical knowledge, I promise, you and RehabCare will live happily ever after. If however, you want to grow and learn, and better yourself clinically, you better hope that your manager can get coverage so that you can use PTO time & your own money to attend a course (because face it, getting reimbursed for anything here, is a complete crapshoot). Honestly, the productivity quotas are similar for most rehab companies so I'm not going to say that 88-90% productivity is crazy (unreasonable, but you'll get that anywhere). What I will say, is that unlike other companies who review your productivity on a monthly or perhaps weekly basis, RehabCare reviews it daily. You will be called into the managers office and fight your case about how it was out of your control (that Mrs. t was @ an md appt, mr K was working PT & it wasn't clinically appropriate to co-treat, ms. H was sick and you couldn't get your full time, maybe you drank a lot of water and didn't clock out of the building for your own personal bathroom breaks) you'll need to establish a plan (likely a schedule that you need to share with the other therapists) so that there's no way you'll fall below 90% again.

Cons

Honestly? You better negotiate like crazy when you get hired, because you will NEVER. Get a raise. They'll claim that the 13 cent cost of living adjustment they were forced to give us last year, was a thank you for our efforts and hard work, but c'mon. They'll try to suck you in with saying things like "we haven't done pay cuts like some of our competitors have", but really? No matter what though, you won't win your negotiation battle because they can always hire new grads for $6, $7 dollars less, force them to drink the RehabCare KoolAid & eventually burn them out after 1.5 years & get another newbie. That's seriously what happens.

Advice to Management

I'm sure they'll never read this since they never do anything to change their ways when we're forced to fill out the yearly company surveys, but, hey, what the hell. I'm not going to lie, from a business perspective they are doing really well (look up the company's value & earnings last year) & their strategy of making sure the clinicians know they aren't valued is brilliant because very few therapists want to continue working like a dog in such a negative environment for very few perks (zero pats in the back) & they get fresh brains ever year or two. Nothing we say to them is going to change their mindset, we aren't going to convince them to start caring about the employees or the patients. Even though we are literally working to improve patients' lives, at the end of the day the almighty dollar surpasses everything else. I saw how negatively that all of these issues were impacting the patients & that's honestly why I left. I went to school for too long so that I would be able to actually help people, to work for a company who makes it very difficult. Smaller rehab companies are the way to go.