RehabCare

Updated December 16, 2014
2.5

RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short
John H. Short

Pros
  • positive environment, promotions, flexible schedule (in 8 reviews)

• good benefits, they actually listen to therapists opinions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management willing to provide numbers that client wants versus determining clinical need for services (in 11 reviews)

• Company wanted increased productivity even though it compromised patient care (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic company

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity for job growth

Cons

Insurance options are quite poor

Continue being receptive to clinical growth needs and supportive!

Core values

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great local teams
    Nice facilities
    Many facilities

Cons

Don't live my core values
    Good old boy network
    To great a divide between haves and have nots

They wouldn'tisten anyway

Extremely unethical, ridiculous productivity standards...unable to legally attain on a constant basis

I worked at RehabCare

Pros

Making new friends and contacts. Overall, the staff therapist of all disciplines are good caring devoted people all struggling to do the right thing, bound to the company secondary to lack of jobs elswhere.
    We all want to provide excellent patient care. And in all honesty. ..we do the best we can despite the bureaucracy.

Cons

My current supervisor lacks flexibility. Productivity is impossible to accurately maintain. No time to take care of all other mandatory videos/quizzes/etc during work time...insurance benefits are terrible. No holiday/sick time accrual (all lumped into yearly PTO) no extra pay for working holidays. Appears to not value COTA ' S and PTA ' S
    Overall, worst company I've ever worked for. (I keep praying for an ethical boss)

Send your managers and supervisors to management classes and make them mandatory. ..just because they can be a supervisor. ..doesn't mean they should be.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - PRN COTA
    Former Employee - PRN COTA

I worked at RehabCare part-time

Pros

I started working for RehabCare as a new grad. I learned a lot from my coworkers along with my employer. Great employee opportunities.

Cons

This company could pay employees better.

Rehabcare is one of the worst companies I have worked for!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Indiana, PA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Indiana, PA

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

Good amount of vacation time. That's the one positive I can think of. I did enjoy my coworkers and staff.

Cons

I don't know where to start with the "cons", there are so many! I think the thing that bothered me the most was the fact that the company doesn't care about employees or patients...it's really just about productivity and $$$$. This company doesn't seem to value quality care.

Please go work at a seven - eleven or something...This is healthCARE. You all may have advanced business degrees, but you don't care about PEOPLE! This is healthCARE and we should be united in our efforts to provide good care. Rehabcare seems focused on making a buck, but that's about it. Where is the compassion for employees and those we care for on a daily basis? Patients and employees can not be reduced to numbers on a report.

Not what I was hired for

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is good, but the benefits are mediocre. The employees and program director work well together as a cohesive team.

Cons

I was hired for full time, haven't seen better than 30 hours in 2.5 months. It's hard work and a lot of paperwork. High expectations for productivity without always giving you the tools necessary to meet it, causing it to become a numbers game and often some unethical practices with grouping treatments and running time after separately.

Stop pushing the numbers

Frustrating

Current Employee - COTA in Parsons, KS
    Current Employee - COTA in Parsons, KS

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great local people to work with
    Good facilities
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Hired at full-time but have never received full-time hours because of productivity restrictions. When this is brought up the therapists and assistants receive the blame for not doing enough screens. The corporation cares more about how much money they make back from Medicare reimbursement than making sure their therapy staff is happy.

Remember it's the therapists in the field that are making you money so take care of them. The productivity requirement needs to be removed or at least lessened.

Old vs new rehab care

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great clinicans wanting to do a great job
    Nice facilities

Cons

Very political company. More about who you know vs what you know

Practice your core values. Words on a piece of paper mean nothing

great company if your manager is good to work with

Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, they actually listen to therapists opinions.

Cons

however Tracy the area manager for Michigan is over worked. I had many a good encounter with her. However, id taken a job as manager and one month later changed to therapist at the same facility. They bought a new you manager in who was okay till a temp PTA came to work. He was loud and obnoxious and destroyed the harmony of the clinic and team. She listened to him. Id been off on medical leave and when i returned found he was sexually inappropriate with the younger therapists and derogatory to the patients. Then he tried to cause trouble for me. I had been an employee for 5 years with RehabCare and after i found he had taken an inappropriate phono of a resident and shared it with family and friends i told the manager 3 times that she needed to do something about this. I left her a final warning that she needed to do something about it or i would. the next day she had tracy fire me for i can't even remember what she called it. WHY DIDnt she ask me before she did this. It ended up to be the biggest mess and cost many their jobs and RehabCare a lot of money. MT Problem with this company is they are too big and Area Managers need to take a look at what is going on in their facilities before tossing the axe

hire more Area managers or at least and HR person to manage the facility personnnel.

Typical, big company

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

Large company, several facilities make for a large network

Cons

Unethical co-workers, history of company not appropriately following through with mandatory reporting