RehabCare

Employer Engaged

Frustrating

Current Employee - COTA in Parsons, KS
    Current Employee - COTA in Parsons, KS

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great local people to work with
    Good facilities
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Hired at full-time but have never received full-time hours because of productivity restrictions. When this is brought up the therapists and assistants receive the blame for not doing enough screens. The corporation cares more about how much money they make back from Medicare reimbursement than making sure their therapy staff is happy.

Remember it's the therapists in the field that are making you money so take care of them. The productivity requirement needs to be removed or at least lessened.

Old vs new rehab care

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great clinicans wanting to do a great job
    Nice facilities

Cons

Very political company. More about who you know vs what you know

Practice your core values. Words on a piece of paper mean nothing

Typical, big company

I have been working at RehabCare

Pros

Large company, several facilities make for a large network

Cons

Unethical co-workers, history of company not appropriately following through with mandatory reporting

My experience with Rehabcare has been very rewarding.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Monticello, IL
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Monticello, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The therapists are great to work with. Flexible . PTO. 30 hours a week is fulltime and you can get the benefits.

Cons

I am having to drive an hour from just to get to work because contract was lost that was near my home.
    When I asked about going down to 4 days a wk which is 32 hours (fulltime is 30) I was told no by area director,when the Program Director was ok with it.

Be willing to share information with staff that may be effected by the decisions that is being made, before you put them into a building and expect to know what is going on the minute you walk in

Productivity rules

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at RehabCare as an intern

Pros

Most of the therapists want to give the patients the best care possible despite management pull for high productivity.

Cons

There was an underlying competitive feeling to get the highest productivity rate...not very professional

Put patient care 1st, not profit.

I have a great day everyday at rehabcare.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Watseka, IL
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Watseka, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people iwork with are great. We have great benefits. If you have any questions they are helpful.

Cons

I do not get raises.

Not what I was hired for

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, but the benefits are mediocre. The employees and program director work well together as a cohesive team.

Cons

I was hired for full time, haven't seen better than 30 hours in 2.5 months. It's hard work and a lot of paperwork. High expectations for productivity without always giving you the tools necessary to meet it, causing it to become a numbers game and often some unethical practices with grouping treatments and running time after separately.

Stop pushing the numbers

PD

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

None, none,none, none and none

Cons

Lets see...no ethical standards, no support from regional management, wants to push site staff down and keep the upper management in the clouds. Run from this company!!!!!!!

It is O.K.

Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant

I have been working at RehabCare as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I am PRN so that would be just being able to go to work when you want as long as you get all your minutes covered but that is anywhere. I don't work FT for RehabCare so I cannot come up with a good list of Pros.

Cons

Cons of working for RehabCare is that they still require daily and weekly notes. Weekly notes are paper and the dailies are via mini IPAD. You have to "clock in and clock out" each patient which really drags your productivity down since you have to coordinate your patient between OT, PT and Speech to make sure your time with them do not overlap other disciplines. If you are in a small nursing home I guess that wouldn't make too much of a difference, but when you get in a bigger bed facility it becomes difficult!

great company if your manager is good to work with

Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI

I worked at RehabCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, they actually listen to therapists opinions.

Cons

however Tracy the area manager for Michigan is over worked. I had many a good encounter with her. However, id taken a job as manager and one month later changed to therapist at the same facility. They bought a new you manager in who was okay till a temp PTA came to work. He was loud and obnoxious and destroyed the harmony of the clinic and team. She listened to him. Id been off on medical leave and when i returned found he was sexually inappropriate with the younger therapists and derogatory to the patients. Then he tried to cause trouble for me. I had been an employee for 5 years with RehabCare and after i found he had taken an inappropriate phono of a resident and shared it with family and friends i told the manager 3 times that she needed to do something about this. I left her a final warning that she needed to do something about it or i would. the next day she had tracy fire me for i can't even remember what she called it. WHY DIDnt she ask me before she did this. It ended up to be the biggest mess and cost many their jobs and RehabCare a lot of money. MT Problem with this company is they are too big and Area Managers need to take a look at what is going on in their facilities before tossing the axe

hire more Area managers or at least and HR person to manage the facility personnnel.