RehabCare Reviews

168 reviews filtered by

Productivity rules

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at RehabCare as an intern

Pros

Most of the therapists want to give the patients the best care possible despite management pull for high productivity.

Cons

There was an underlying competitive feeling to get the highest productivity rate...not very professional

Advice to Management

Put patient care 1st, not profit.

Not what I was hired for

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, but the benefits are mediocre. The employees and program director work well together as a cohesive team.

Cons

I was hired for full time, haven't seen better than 30 hours in 2.5 months. It's hard work and a lot of paperwork. High expectations for productivity without always giving you the tools necessary to meet it, causing it to become a numbers game and often some unethical practices with grouping treatments and running time after separately.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing the numbers

3. I have a great day everyday at rehabcare.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Watseka, IL
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Watseka, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people iwork with are great. We have great benefits. If you have any questions they are helpful.

Cons

I do not get raises.

My experience with Rehabcare has been very rewarding.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Monticello, IL
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Monticello, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The therapists are great to work with. Flexible . PTO. 30 hours a week is fulltime and you can get the benefits.

Cons

I am having to drive an hour from just to get to work because contract was lost that was near my home.
    When I asked about going down to 4 days a wk which is 32 hours (fulltime is 30) I was told no by area director,when the Program Director was ok with it.

Advice to Management

Be willing to share information with staff that may be effected by the decisions that is being made, before you put them into a building and expect to know what is going on the minute you walk in

Old vs new rehab care

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great clinicans wanting to do a great job
    Nice facilities

Cons

Very political company. More about who you know vs what you know

Advice to Management

Practice your core values. Words on a piece of paper mean nothing

PD

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

None, none,none, none and none

Cons

Lets see...no ethical standards, no support from regional management, wants to push site staff down and keep the upper management in the clouds. Run from this company!!!!!!!

8. great company if your manager is good to work with

Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - OTR in Jackson, MI

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, they actually listen to therapists opinions.

Cons

however Tracy the area manager for Michigan is over worked. I had many a good encounter with her. However, id taken a job as manager and one month later changed to therapist at the same facility. They bought a new you manager in who was okay till a temp PTA came to work. He was loud and obnoxious and destroyed the harmony of the clinic and team. She listened to him. Id been off on medical leave and when i returned found he was sexually inappropriate with the younger therapists and derogatory to the patients. Then he tried to cause trouble for me. I had been an employee for 5 years with RehabCare and after i found he had taken an inappropriate phono of a resident and shared it with family and friends i told the manager 3 times that she needed to do something about this. I left her a final warning that she needed to do something about it or i would. the next day she had tracy fire me for i can't even remember what she called it. WHY DIDnt she ask me before she did this. It ended up to be the biggest mess and cost many their jobs and RehabCare a lot of money. MT Problem with this company is they are too big and Area Managers need to take a look at what is going on in their facilities before tossing the axe

Advice to Management

hire more Area managers or at least and HR person to manage the facility personnnel.

This company only cares about numbers

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each place is different, according to the contractors that come in to help, but from my experience working in this company, the 2 pros are flexible hours and fairly decent pay. You can come in and work from 5-1, 10-6, or whenever. They don't make you click out for lunch either, which is nice. As long as you can maintain a caseload ( ours has been a little low lately) you can make fairly decent money.

Cons

No one seems to care one bit about anything except the bottom line. They won't purchase materials, give you enough time to manage paperwork, and they don' seem to train their PD's on anything but how to produce and make their bonuses. They give you a little money annually for training but you have to use PTO time to do it. Speaking of PTO, that is one of the worst things about this company. You earn it but you can't use it unless someone covers for you. That means you won't have any holiday off. You can't even plan and look forward to a trip away from work because some unknown person in a corporate office has to find coverage for you, and you won't know until a couple of weeks ahead of time. The job itself is stressful because they expect 85-90% productivity so you need that time away.

Advice to Management

Train your PD's better so they know how to manage and approach people. The one we have now has really run our morale into the ground. She comes in around 10 or 11 and leaves around 3 or 4, takes multiple vacations a year, always off on the holidays, greatly discourages us from talking about things that bother us, seems to have a closed door policy, yet still makes big fat bonuses because the therapists work hard.

It is O.K.

Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant

I have been working at RehabCare as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I am PRN so that would be just being able to go to work when you want as long as you get all your minutes covered but that is anywhere. I don't work FT for RehabCare so I cannot come up with a good list of Pros.

Cons

Cons of working for RehabCare is that they still require daily and weekly notes. Weekly notes are paper and the dailies are via mini IPAD. You have to "clock in and clock out" each patient which really drags your productivity down since you have to coordinate your patient between OT, PT and Speech to make sure your time with them do not overlap other disciplines. If you are in a small nursing home I guess that wouldn't make too much of a difference, but when you get in a bigger bed facility it becomes difficult!

Much better than being unemployed

Current Contractor - PRN Physical Therapist Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - PRN Physical Therapist Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at RehabCare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Almost everyone is friendly. This company has treated me better than any company I worked for since I became a PTA. This company seems more fair and ethical than most of the companies I worked for as a PTA. The nursing home employees get along better with the RehabCare employees than I have seen when a different rehab company was providing the rehab workers at a nursing home.

Cons

Census level changes quickly and often. Since I am PRN that means many of my shifts are cancelled or cut short. There is usually not much notice. The locations that need my help tend to be 10-22 miles from home. Occasionally I work at some farther than that. The company is disorganized. There are many error in the programs on our iPads and delays in getting certain types of pay on our paychecks. I do trust the company to try to correct these errors. We are paid only twice a month. The company is overly concerned with productivity. The employees who have benefits say they are not good.

Advice to Management

Lower productivity standards would allow for better patient care. PRN's do not read minds. There needs to be more orientation of PRN's. Some locations make too big a deal about not wearing scrubs, even when the PRN worked most of the day at a facility that requires scrubs and then came over to help out for a couple of hours at the facility that does not allow scrubs. As long as the PRN is dressed to perform her job safely and is fairly clean I don't see how wearing scrubs in the building for a few hours is so terrible.