Rehmann

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

4.2

Steve Kelly

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Act Manager  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Act Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

The company culture at Rehmann is awesome. My favorite thing about my job is the people I work with. Everyone from staff to principals are friendly, approachable and eager and ready to help. The company does an excellent job promoting work/life balance. They show appreciation for their employees, whether it be through fun activities at the office, or telling you in person that you did a good job on something. Upper management seeks input and feedback from all levels to improve processes and procedures on a regular basis. I see myelf at this company for the rest of my public accounting career.

Cons

The only negative thing I would have to say is that you may be able to make a little more money at a bigger firm, however, if work/life balance is important to you, it is a sacrifice you would be willing to make.

Great people, great environment, great flexitility

Current Employee - Manager  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

Rehmann provides a competitive salary, the people are geniune, they care, and they are considerate and respectful. Rehmann is flexible and provides a great work-life balance. The technology is beyond my expectations. The job is challenging and you learn so much. Great place to work for and grow.

Cons

The work can be challenging (A pro and a con), there are long hours involved to get the work done.

Always remember being a great manager/employer is about seeing the firms needs, seeing the assoicates needs, and pulling them together.

Rehmann is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Competitive salaries, room for advancement and management that believes in a work/family balance.

Cons

Busy season hours are always challenging.

We appreciate the flexible work schedules that are offered during non-busy season.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Put People First - a firm value in action

Pros

The culture at Rehmann is great. Firm values: Put People First, Be Obsessed with Client Success, Cultivate Business Wisdom, Embrace an Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Exhibit Unwavering Integrity are not just displayed, but lived and reinforced from top down. Many opportunites for growth and training. Work-life options are supported. Technology to do the job is top-notch.

Cons

"Busy season" is busy and requires extra hours, but that is standard in public accounting.

Keep moving forward on embracing the spirit of young staff.

Rehmann is the best company I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Troy, MI

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Benefits are fair. I have been promoted twice since I have been here. Rehmann puts people first. Client success is very important at Rehmann. Nice work environment.

Cons

Differences between office cultures and procedures. Some plans are pushed through too fast without testing or having all the procedures set. Some lack of communication between departments/offices within region.

Include the associates that know and work with the topic being addressed when making changes.

I have a voice at Rehmann!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Pros

I have advanced from a Staff level role to a Senior Manager level role in my time at Rehmann. I feel that I have had a voice and that my opinion has mattered at every level. My direct supervisor as well as Principals in the firm ask for my input and are always available to hear my ideas. They know that some of the best ideas come from those performing the work and not just those in the Board Room. In addition, I have had a huge hand in crafting my own career at Rehmann. There is not just one path for sucess at Rehmann, but each of us has our own path based on our skills, interests and goals. I love what I do and the firm lets me do it!

Cons

It is the norm in our industry to work more than an 8-5 schedule and that is the case at Rehmann. My average hours are in the 2400 hour range each year. However, the firm "gets it" and understands that it must be as flexible as possible with those hours. They understand that if the rest of my life isn't getting the attention that it needs, then I cannot be my best at work either. Although I still work my expected hours and serve my clients, I don't miss important events for my kids, take classes at the YMCA over lunch, participate in communityactivities and eat dinner at home every night.

Keep up the great work! Continue to make sound business decisions for the firm while balancing the impact on our people and culture!

Rehmann is a great place to work and great place with potential advancement.

Current Employee - Principal  in  Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Principal in Jackson, MI

Pros

Care about employs, fair compensation, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are really no cons.

In a short amount of time I realize this is a great company to work for and I can see myself here for many years to come

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Lansing, MI

Pros

Very intelligent senior management with many years of industry experience. Rehmann provides a great environment to learn on the job with real life experiences. With a wide range of roles within one office it is very easy to find someone with expertise in multiple buisness areas (tax, accounting, retirement plans, investments, etc.). For the most part, Rehmann has a very friendly staff. Many staff members are willing to bend over backwards to get the job done right.

Cons

Although somewhat flexible with the ability to work from home there could be more of a focus in this area to allow for a better work/life balance, especially during the busy season. As with most large companies, information is not always shared across departments or locations.

Solid firm with growth potential

Current Employee - Tax Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Troy, MI

Pros

Rehmann has a great work / life / integration policy. Compensation and benefits are fair. Great career opportunities for those that are motivated.

Cons

Management does not give much direction and it's hard to understand the financial impact of your work. Delegation is difficult due to lack of staff or part-time / seasonal staff.

Good company, stable client base - however, room for improvement with respect to compensation & benefits

Current Employee - Audit
    Current Employee - Audit

Pros

Culture & Values: For a regional sized firm, still 'small company' feel
    Training: Company keeps employees current with new accounting standards and annual CPE requirements

Cons

Compensation & Benefits: No annual bonus/formal incententive compensation program; annual raises (if any) low; low vacation allowance compared to industry and other firms - not proportionate with the number of hours required to work per year; difficult to take vacation; no company sponsored maternity leave

Worked for Rehmann? Contribute to the Community!