Rehmann

Rehmann Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Steve Kelly

Fulfilling

ProsWork / life balance. Good compensation.

ConsI have none. Life is good here.

Generally positive environment, but compensation is the weak link.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe Company seems to live its core values well. For example the first value is "put people first". The leadership lives this value by encouraging flexibility of schedule and balance between work and family time. They have developed good training programs if you hang around long enough to get to the manager level.

ConsOverall compensation is subpar particularly financial compensation and health coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour winning the work-life balance battle. Now start paying your employees. Consider annual bonuses to start. Your employees put in long hours and work very hard. Communicating that they have contributed to an outstanding 1st half of the year without any reward for their hard work sends the wrong message.

Some great employees and learning experiences.

Audit Intern (Former Employee)

ProsSmaller firm which is growing fast and seems to have a lot of opportunities.
    People are very friendly and helpful.

ConsFor audit, the communication wasn't always there. Seniors and Managers did a poor job directing other staff on how to improve and move up within the firm. They managed to get work to everyone but feedback and career advice were at a minimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees know what they have to do to improve and get promoted.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A friendly place to work, not necessarily the most challenging

Intern (Former Employee)
    Lansing, MI

ProsThey have a really friendly environment and are very accommodating to your needs. A regionally based company that's growing quickly.

ConsI didn't see the work as that challenging, and I thought that they way they conducted some of their investment policies were not in accord with the way I would choose to go about it.

Rehmann allows you to be a change agent and make a difference at the firm.

Saginaw, MI

ProsRehmann is a "one size fits all." You want Big Four experience, Rehmann has that. You want the small firm feel, Rehmann has that, too. There is also everything in between. So if you are in audit and you just want jobs closer to home, go for it. If you want jobs that requires for travel, sign up for that.

ConsRehmann is taking strides to improve its formal training program and is making good strides. Most of the leadership training was focused at the top, but now Rehmann is making investments in creating leadership curriculum at the senior and staff level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look for opportunities for reverse mentoring where staff can teach principals a trick or two. I think both groups would benefit from the experience.

Leadership and direction from Upper Management is excellent, but advancement opportunity is not clearly communicated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits package is well above average, and they offer benefits that many other companies have cut in the declining economy. The company supports the use of cutting edge technology that cuts down on paper and hard files, allows their offices in different states to communicate as if they were in the same office, and gives employees the opportunity to remain "plugged in" securely no matter where they are. Support and direction from upper management is excellent. Company culture promotes strong ethical values.

ConsJob descriptions are very specific, and the annual review process is thorough and extensive. However, career advancement is unclear and not well communicated. Some promotions seem to be arbitrary instead of being based on merit and performance alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe research behind the job descriptions for each position is well above par, and the annual review process is well designed. However, career opportunities should be communicated better if you would like to continue the tradition of promoting from within. It is discouraging to an employee who hopes to advance when he or she does not know how to proceed. It is also discouraging to go through the extensive review process with no reward or direction at the end.

OK

ProsVery considerate senior management with open communication.

ConsAwful mid level management
    Bad salary

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get rid of people who micromanage to show their productivity by disrupting other people's productivity to make Rehmann a firm of choice.

Worked for Rehmann? Contribute to the Community!

Rehmann Videos

Rehmann – Why Work for Us?

Our Mission Deliver valued, comprehensive solutions through "The Rehmann Experience". Our Vision Be THE Firm of Choice for clients and associates. Our Culture Our brand promise, Business Wisdom Delivered, doesn't… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rehmann reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rehmann CEO Steve Kelly. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Rehmann employees.