Rehmann

4.4

Steve Kelly

Great

I worked at Rehmann full-time

Pros

It has a great culture

Cons

It could have better payh

None

Great company for internships

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Rehmann as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Truly an open door policy, giving an intern access to management at all levels. The staff was wonderful and was involved in making sure learning and understanding were taking place.

Cons

There are few hiring opportunities at the end of the internship.

Great experience and great people

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Rehmann full-time

Pros

The people I have worked with really care about your growth and development. I was provided many opportunities to take leadership roles and to participate in personal development training (leadership, presentations, goal management). Work life balance is good for the industry. I have a lot of flexibility in how I complete my work. Work is challenging.

Cons

The hours are long, but that is expected within the industry. There are no opportunities for bonuses. There are not a lot of extra perks like reimbursement for gym membership. Some managers do not follow the Firm values and there can be inconsistencies in message given.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Act Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Act Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company culture at Rehmann is awesome. My favorite thing about my job is the people I work with. Everyone from staff to principals are friendly, approachable and eager and ready to help. The company does an excellent job promoting work/life balance. They show appreciation for their employees, whether it be through fun activities at the office, or telling you in person that you did a good job on something. Upper management seeks input and feedback from all levels to improve processes and procedures on a regular basis. I see myelf at this company for the rest of my public accounting career.

Cons

The only negative thing I would have to say is that you may be able to make a little more money at a bigger firm, however, if work/life balance is important to you, it is a sacrifice you would be willing to make.

Rehmann is a great place to work and great place with potential advancement.

Current Employee - Principal in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Principal in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Care about employs, fair compensation, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are really no cons.

In a short amount of time I realize this is a great company to work for and I can see myself here for many years to come

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very intelligent senior management with many years of industry experience. Rehmann provides a great environment to learn on the job with real life experiences. With a wide range of roles within one office it is very easy to find someone with expertise in multiple buisness areas (tax, accounting, retirement plans, investments, etc.). For the most part, Rehmann has a very friendly staff. Many staff members are willing to bend over backwards to get the job done right.

Cons

Although somewhat flexible with the ability to work from home there could be more of a focus in this area to allow for a better work/life balance, especially during the busy season. As with most large companies, information is not always shared across departments or locations.

Great people, great environment, great flexitility

Current Employee - Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Rehmann provides a competitive salary, the people are geniune, they care, and they are considerate and respectful. Rehmann is flexible and provides a great work-life balance. The technology is beyond my expectations. The job is challenging and you learn so much. Great place to work for and grow.

Cons

The work can be challenging (A pro and a con), there are long hours involved to get the work done.

Always remember being a great manager/employer is about seeing the firms needs, seeing the assoicates needs, and pulling them together.

Rehmann is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries, room for advancement and management that believes in a work/family balance.

Cons

Busy season hours are always challenging.

We appreciate the flexible work schedules that are offered during non-busy season.

Put People First - a firm value in action

I have been working at Rehmann part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Rehmann is great. Firm values: Put People First, Be Obsessed with Client Success, Cultivate Business Wisdom, Embrace an Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Exhibit Unwavering Integrity are not just displayed, but lived and reinforced from top down. Many opportunites for growth and training. Work-life options are supported. Technology to do the job is top-notch.

Cons

"Busy season" is busy and requires extra hours, but that is standard in public accounting.

Keep moving forward on embracing the spirit of young staff.

Rehmann is the best company I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Benefits are fair. I have been promoted twice since I have been here. Rehmann puts people first. Client success is very important at Rehmann. Nice work environment.

Cons

Differences between office cultures and procedures. Some plans are pushed through too fast without testing or having all the procedures set. Some lack of communication between departments/offices within region.

Include the associates that know and work with the topic being addressed when making changes.