Rejuvenation Reviews

CEO

1. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Rejuvenation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product line and intriguing company history, great team, the best "customer service" job I ever had because of support from management and also the kind nature of the client base.

Cons

Inter-department career growth required navigating lots of red tape, yet it seemed that inside hiring was already decided prior to the red tape process.

Remember the history of the company- Rejuvenation is a gem, a level above the cookie cutter attempts at competition- preserve that!

2. A Very Disrespectful Management Staff

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Rejuvenation

Pros

Great products, well designed and researched historically.

Cons

This company and the time that I was there was not a positive experience. In fact on my last day there, I felt traumatized. Although there was a lot of effort put into training people, the management left a lot to be desired. One of the assistant managers was one of the most untrustworthy managers I have ever worked with. The store manager, was very much in cahoots with the assistant manager. After I completed my training,this assistant manager said to me one day, "I don't want you here." Can you imagine saying that so overtly and disrespectfully to anyone? The assistant manager proceeded to build a case against me based on any question I asked to better understand my tasks and to reinforce my ability to do my job. I asked how to use an electronic device which there hadn't been much training on and the assistant manager used that against me later as not being able to do my job. Anyone who is trying to get rid of someone will use anything to build a case against them and that's what happened. This was a high-end interior lighting sales environment. The store manager said that all transactions with upper middle class clients had to go smoothly. In my first ringing up of an upper middle class couple, I was understandably nervous about getting through the whole process. Knowing that the store manager was standing behind me and looking to fault me made me more nervous. I asked the couple if I had done anything that didn't please them and they said I did fine. The store manager interrupted the transaction process to make it "smooth" and then said I couldn't do the job. The assistant manager was a person with many insecurities who was determined to take them out on the staff and was given approval to do so by the rest of the management. My life has gone on and I am in a harmonious interior design environment.

The assistant manager had many insecurities and was determined to take them out on the staff. This manager was given approval to do so by the rest of the management. Is this any way to run a company?

3. Great brand, new ownership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Rejuvenation full-time

Pros

Great product that was manufactured locally in Portland, Oregon. The company was focused on sustainability and built a culture that supported environmental responsibility.

Cons

Upper management seem jaded and disjointed (this was prior to the acquisition by William Sonoma). People were unfriendly. There was not much collaboration or teamwork among employees.

Has changed from a small brand that cared about employee's to a brand of William|Sonoma that cares nothing about people.

I have been working at Rejuvenation

Pros

Workers are all hard working and care about each other.

Cons

Management has no idea what it is doing and changes their mind every day; no leadership. Changes in paydays are shorting people out of money. Turnover is very high for all departments.

Please balance company profitability with a shred of humanity. Remember that changes that you make may have no consequence to yourself or other upper staff but loosing a weeks pay causes other employee's to skip Christmas in order to pay bills.