Reliance Home Comfort

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
3.8

Sean O'brien

Perfectly-sized company to work at: big enough for career opportunities, small enough for quick decision making

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Stable company, well established for many years, #1 in the market
    - Growing quickly, but not at a "crazy" pace: lots of career opportunities
    - Legitimate customer focus, at all levels
    - Great work-life balance
    - Decisions are made quickly, lots of projects to work on

Cons

- Change is a constant - if you're looking for the same every day, this is not the place for you
    - Unless you're in the industry, not everyone knows about Reliance: you may need to explain to your friends where you work (by the way, Reliance actually pays you extra when you get a sales lead)

- Keep up changing company culture from that of a utility to a true service company

Glad to work here. Looking for a few good men and women.

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

Most customer-centric company I've worked for. Team Members are very respectful and supportive of one another and largely focused on just trying to do the right thing. Industry is reasonably healthy yet ripe for consolidation by a strong leader. Growth has come from building market share more than market growth. Firm is very well capitalized. Everybody needs a water heater and a furnace.

Cons

Upward mobility somewhat constrained. Successful VPs and Directors are happy and comfortable in their positions, and therefor by definition there are few openings. Best opportunities are in mid-level field (sales and operations) positions. Great place if you are interested in moving laterally and willing to re-locate. Career growth potential is outside GTA. We need more certified technicians!

Spend more time getting to know your middle management and making sure they are rewarded, recognized and rotated to give them growth. Find a way to create more upward opportunity. Beware of outsourcing; what we gain in cost may be given back in quality.

Peace of mind

Current Employee - HOME COMFORT ADVISOR in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - HOME COMFORT ADVISOR in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

7 years ago I came directly out of school to Reliance and was trained and given the opportunity to reach the top of my field, since then I have moved to other roles in the company and have been treated as an asset with a great team environment each step of the way.

Cons

If your attitude is to exceed and challenge yourself each and everyday there is no cons.

Not only keep working on the great communication but personally come out to meetings and share your energy with the workforce.
    The more workers feel as part of a team the more they will want to contribute.

Great place to start or continue your career

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

As a new edition to the company I have felt very welcomed and well integrated. Anytime you need help with something someone is there to ask advice from. All of our team members are passionate about what they do and take pride in contributing to the reliance experience. Overall, there's a great team atmosphere and sense of accomplishment everyday I come to work.

Cons

You have to like multi-tasking and always being on the go. At Reliance, people succeed by taking initiative and being self-starters.

Come for the Opportunities, Stay for the Culture

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

Company growing fast
    Lots of learning and advancement opportunities
    Real emphasis on training and development
    Great people, Great Culture! (when you laugh more at work than you do at home, you know you are in the right place)
    Love the Customer Service focus

Cons

Rapidly growing company means continual change and process improvement. If you don't embrace that sort of thing, this company is not for you.

Keep the growth going!!!

Amazing Team Members

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Reliance because of the people I get to work with everyday. The team members are hired for culture fit. They are driven, proud to be a part of the company, and work hard to improve the business and customer experience. This positive atmosphere spreads quickly! I enjoy the social & community events, such as BBQs for United Way, festive lunches with the other departments, and involvement with Habitat for Humanity. I recommend Reliance to my friends and family often!

Cons

There are great training and development opportunities here. No complaints.

Ensure salaries & benefits top ups are reviewed regularly to attract top talent.
    Continue to focus on Health & Safety across the business.

Positive Culture, lots of opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall, Reliance is a great place to work, everyone I have met so far has been knowledgeable, approachable, and helpful. Focus on professional development and career advancement, perfect for job seekers in any stage of their career! Very good compensation and benefits.

Cons

If you dont like being busy, dont work here! There is always lots on the go so you will never be bored. Personally I dont mind it, but its not for everyone.

Opportunity to have your voice heard and your ideas implemented

Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing and evolving. Processes are being reviewed and sophisticated solutions are being evaluated and implemented. Come join this growing company and have a chance to impact lasting positive change.
    Our CEO is extremely focused on the culture of the organization and is driving very positive changes.

Cons

Continuous growth through organic and acquisition keep us quite busy! Not a BAD thing though... this is good for stability and security as well as future opportunities for our team members.

Keep up the great work!!! Keep hiring fabulous talent, investing in peoples career development and focusing on team member engagement. Thanks for the opportunity to shine every day in my role.

A rapidly growing company with some amazing people making it all happen.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone here has such a positive attitude. Employees are not called employees, they are "Team Members". You really feel welcomed right from the first day. The company is growing and there are positive vibes coming from all corners.

Cons

There are very few cons to this company, if any. The only con would be a lack of standardized processes in some areas of business. This is expected, as the company is experiencing such rapid growth.

Fast paced environment where selling services and protection plans is a must.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Reliance Home Comfort part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One reason why it was hard for me to leave this place was because of the great employees that i was working with.

Cons

The pay is horrible, the demand is too much, the customers are very difficult to deal with and your job is always on the line due to very demanding sales performances.

Be more easier on the employees and employee training needs to be more practical with more foreshadowing than in class reading and listening.

Reliance Home Comfort Photos