Reliance Home Comfort

Updated December 2, 2014
4.4

Sean O'brien

Great Place to work!!

Current Employee - Finance Team Member in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Finance Team Member in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful team environment with lots of opportunities for growth and career development. Reliance is growing fast so always lots of interesting things happening that provide for learning and fun!! The team members are all terrific and there is super collaboration. The Executive is friendly and accessible and eager to help out where needed.

Cons

I like everything but if you don't like a fast-paced work environment then Reliance isn't the place for you.

Growing Company with many exciting opportunities

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is something to be said about being a part of a company that is expanding and growing at the rate that Reliance Home Comfort is. If you work hard and smart the opportunities for advancement within Reliance will present themselves. Overall a very good company to work for with team members that truly make customer satisfaction a #1 priority.

Cons

The hours can be long at times when we are in a busy period. To provide timely customer service it does require you to be available at a time that is convenient for our customers. Being aware of this upfront makes it less of a con.

Gaining experience and knowledge in HVAC industry, within a positive and team orientated enviroment

Current Employee - Service Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, oppotunity to grow within the company, work perks, discounts on protection plans for you own home, great staff, and great leadership. w inning environment for a winning team. working towards a better customer service experience is why we are all here. ensuring our customers comfort financially and physically.

Cons

This industry never sleeps. summer and winter are the busiest times of our year. sometimes can be hard on you physically when you take on more then your body can handle. personal goals and limits will help this.

Spend a longer time and focus on training those new to the company, as this will only benefit you in the long run.
    here and now, will alwasy be here and now, rushing into a situation only means you past more then you needed to.

Home Comfort Advisor...I love this job!!!

Current Employee - HCA in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - HCA in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to realize your true potential. The sky is the limit as to how much money you can make and the benefits program is awesome. Also this position offers a flexible schedule which works really well for a family man like me.

Cons

There are frequent install service issues you have to deal with. But when dealt with promptly this all becomes part of creating a great customer service experience.

Maybe some more sales incentives. A weekly or monthly competition between HCA's with a small prize at stake might be worthwhile trying. A little friendly competition to help drive sales could never hurt.

I enjoy working at Reliance

Current Employee - Process Optimization Specialist in Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Process Optimization Specialist in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a Reliance employee I feel empowered, well treated and receive the training I required to do my job well. I also receive the most up to date IT tools and software that support my job. Reliance creates a respectful work environment and promotes fairness. What I love most about the company is the support that provides to various charitable organizations.

Cons

Reliance is growing very fast, you need to keep up to date with the rapid growth but also, this growth provides more opportunities for career development and enhancement.

Reliance has proactive and dynamic management team

Manager

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

Room for growth, training and development, great company values, work-life balance

Cons

at times micro managed,

A great company focused on a best in class customer experience to drive growth, new customers and attract the best team

Current Employee - Senior Operations Role in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Role in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have grown my career in this company. Growth allows for increased opportunities to experience various roles. Sales, operations, marketing and project roles create a valuable generalist that can add value for our customers, company and stakeholders. Development plans, coaching and role experiences and driving great results drive these opportunities

Cons

Culture and balance are great assets. Focus on quality is improving t do things consistently every time. As we make mistakes we can learn from them t constantly improve.

Continue to develop the team, promote from within while adding great new team members as we grow across the country

A successful company where you can still make a difference.

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The backbone of Reliance is our front line team members who do everything in their power to satisfy our customers. There are no shortage of opportunities for those willing to put up their hand and take on new challenges. Reliance is stable and growing, rooted in essential home comfort products and services that homeowners use every day.

Cons

We're a small big company. We are continuously changing and testing the way we work to find better ways to satisfy our customers. If you are used to working within a fixed system that is spelled out for you and rarely changes, Reliance may not be right for you.

Continue to communicate with your team members at all levels to maintain high engagement.

Great people, growing company

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Their pay structure including salary, benefits and bonus were fair. Depending on the branch you worked in, attitude was great. Some of the remote locations, not so much.

Cons

Some managers do not do the development plans or objectives. More consistency across the teams would help increase morale of the front line and the middle management team. Not a lot of guidance from direct management, had to rely on other team members for support.

Make sure the people who are looking for growth get those opportunities. You could be losing valuable team members because your focus seems to be on making sure the ones constantly messing up don't stay in a position too long to have a negative long term impact.

Perfectly-sized company to work at: big enough for career opportunities, small enough for quick decision making

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Stable company, well established for many years, #1 in the market
    - Growing quickly, but not at a "crazy" pace: lots of career opportunities
    - Legitimate customer focus, at all levels
    - Great work-life balance
    - Decisions are made quickly, lots of projects to work on

Cons

- Change is a constant - if you're looking for the same every day, this is not the place for you
    - Unless you're in the industry, not everyone knows about Reliance: you may need to explain to your friends where you work (by the way, Reliance actually pays you extra when you get a sales lead)

- Keep up changing company culture from that of a utility to a true service company

Reliance Home Comfort Photos