Reliance Home Comfort

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014
3.8

Sean O'brien

Great place to start or continue your career

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

As a new edition to the company I have felt very welcomed and well integrated. Anytime you need help with something someone is there to ask advice from. All of our team members are passionate about what they do and take pride in contributing to the reliance experience. Overall, there's a great team atmosphere and sense of accomplishment everyday I come to work.

Cons

You have to like multi-tasking and always being on the go. At Reliance, people succeed by taking initiative and being self-starters.

Come for the Opportunities, Stay for the Culture

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort

Pros

Company growing fast
    Lots of learning and advancement opportunities
    Real emphasis on training and development
    Great people, Great Culture! (when you laugh more at work than you do at home, you know you are in the right place)
    Love the Customer Service focus

Cons

Rapidly growing company means continual change and process improvement. If you don't embrace that sort of thing, this company is not for you.

Keep the growth going!!!

Opportunity to have your voice heard and your ideas implemented

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is growing and evolving. Processes are being reviewed and sophisticated solutions are being evaluated and implemented. Come join this growing company and have a chance to impact lasting positive change.
    Our CEO is extremely focused on the culture of the organization and is driving very positive changes.

Cons

Continuous growth through organic and acquisition keep us quite busy! Not a BAD thing though... this is good for stability and security as well as future opportunities for our team members.

Keep up the great work!!! Keep hiring fabulous talent, investing in peoples career development and focusing on team member engagement. Thanks for the opportunity to shine every day in my role.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Team Members

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at Reliance because of the people I get to work with everyday. The team members are hired for culture fit. They are driven, proud to be a part of the company, and work hard to improve the business and customer experience. This positive atmosphere spreads quickly! I enjoy the social & community events, such as BBQs for United Way, festive lunches with the other departments, and involvement with Habitat for Humanity. I recommend Reliance to my friends and family often!

Cons

There are great training and development opportunities here. No complaints.

Ensure salaries & benefits top ups are reviewed regularly to attract top talent.
    Continue to focus on Health & Safety across the business.

Positive Culture, lots of opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, Reliance is a great place to work, everyone I have met so far has been knowledgeable, approachable, and helpful. Focus on professional development and career advancement, perfect for job seekers in any stage of their career! Very good compensation and benefits.

Cons

If you dont like being busy, dont work here! There is always lots on the go so you will never be bored. Personally I dont mind it, but its not for everyone.

A rapidly growing company with some amazing people making it all happen.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here has such a positive attitude. Employees are not called employees, they are "Team Members". You really feel welcomed right from the first day. The company is growing and there are positive vibes coming from all corners.

Cons

There are very few cons to this company, if any. The only con would be a lack of standardized processes in some areas of business. This is expected, as the company is experiencing such rapid growth.

Fast paced environment where selling services and protection plans is a must.

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Reliance Home Comfort part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One reason why it was hard for me to leave this place was because of the great employees that i was working with.

Cons

The pay is horrible, the demand is too much, the customers are very difficult to deal with and your job is always on the line due to very demanding sales performances.

Be more easier on the employees and employee training needs to be more practical with more foreshadowing than in class reading and listening.

Great Opportunities for High School Grads and Friends and Family

Former Employee - Retention  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Retention in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros: decent pay, great peers, most managers considerate with employee personal issues. Pros - This company offers employees a decent pay and benefits. Branch committees established to provide "fun days" to increase employee morale. Fantastic supporter of United Way. Wonderful peers. Great opportunities for high school grads and friends and family of Reliance. Great technical training. Management compassionate with employees when dealing with personal family issues.

Cons

Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, experience/education not valued, lack of trust with management. Cons - Inadequate sales training. Management will promote friends and family without experience/education. "Peter principle" a part of this culture. Good for people being promoted because they will try to find them another lateral job and then another lateral job to keep them employed. Many of my peers who left years before me complained about lack of opportunities and working for people who could not do their jobs. They felt being educated and or experienced was a negative when applying for internal opportunities. If you are looking for a job not a career this is a great company. If you have experience and/or education apply to "fast track" positions or the job you want. Advancements can take a decade due to their hiring managers. On a negative note I personally caught managers and HR in numerous lies which left me with little confidence in what was told to me as an employee. Overall the company provides a good living but needs to improve on promoting their talent

I would recommend "exit" interviews for employees. Many employees in my department quit without notice. It is common for them to walk in, quit and then leave without 1 or 2 weeks notice. Management would say "oh this is a high turnover department, they don't last more than a year". Employees know this is not true and had to do a lot with their lack of opportunities and managers ethics. A substantial amount of these resignations were from employees who worked 2-5 years with the company.

great company

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great management. excellent working anvironment

Cons

littel growth, small compensation, older employees

good management

Alright company workload is heavy..

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort as a contractor

Pros

Working under minimal supervision
    Good bonus incentive

Cons

Growing company requires more head counts in department but management doesn't approve.

Reliance Home Comfort Photos

Worked for Reliance Home Comfort? Contribute to the Community!