Reliance Trust Company

James T. Maxwell

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great learning experience

Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you're motivated to succeed, this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for with regard to growth opportunity. It's a small enough firm that you don't disappear, but has a larger company feel. Senior management has made great strides in improving the profitability of the company and is beginning to pass that on to the employees. With regard to the working environment, the location is great, parking is free, and the building has a lot of amenities.

ConsThere is still a bit of a disconnect between Executive Management and the associates, but, in all fairness, it is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe improvements in morale and employee attitude are beginning to show. Please don't lose the positive momentum you've achieved!

The most trifling experience of my life -- and that's saying a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosa steady paycheck
    decent building with dry cleaner and food services avaiable

Conspetty management
    expensive medical benefits
    extensive manual processing of financial transactions

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, by a vowel, or something! Managers are blatantly disrespectful of each other and other employees. There should be no place in a legitimate business for this type of behavior.

Quite full filling.

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery people friendly, and relaxed atmosphere.

ConsThere are no down sides.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Wal-Mart of finance.

Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are few nice people to work with in the firm. That's it. Oh, you only do 40 hours/wk, which will be the worst 40hrs/wk of your life.

ConsExtremely low pay. The owners are trying to sell the firm. Management has zero management skill. Expensive medical/dental/vision plans. HR staff don't even use it. No career growth. No 401K matching, no raises in 6+ years. Do NOT trust any of the positive reviews on here. It's highly likely that they are from management to improve the rating. You can probably tell from all the other scathing reviews to figure it out. I mean the company must be so deplorable that many people would leave such negative reviews.

Small, but growing company, lacking clear direction, but decent potential upside.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlat organizational structure - not much red tape to get anything done
    most people that work here are very nice
    Allows some telecommuting

Consno clear direction - company has grown over time via acquisitions and consists of multiple business units that don't work cohesively together
    Not a great 401(k) match - 1.5% on the first 6% of pay

Don't Do It to Yourself

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPaycheck, might meet a few other people to make the misery less pain, and you have the weekends and some federal holidays off. A resume space filler. The pay is ok.

ConsJust beware that this is a company most people walk out on without a two weeks notice. The turnover is crazy. I've never seen this many people enter a company and leave in my life. Most of the current employees are either seeking new jobs or are considering quitting and taking a leap on faith. Upper management sucks, don't do squat and parade around like they are big shots. You know it's bad when people clock in ready to go home. Mondays are like a funeral and Fridays are celebrations. Not because you actually celebrate but because you get 2 whole days away from this hellhole!!! They criticize every little detail and then don't ever offer any type of praise. You will feel more mentally exhausted from trying to keep yourself sane. Save yourself and politely decline the offer. I wish I had. Keep looking for companies that will treat you how you derserve to be treated - or at least like a human being.

Advice to Senior ManagementCalm down you are not a big shot on Wall Street you work for rinky dink Reliance Trust. Treat people like they put their pants on one leg at a time like you do. Being polite won't cost you a single dime. Stay out of people business and stop running and telling on your workers and go do some actual work.

Bad company to work for, you will not gain much experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStrictly a 40-hr job as they will send you home once you get close to overtime.

ConsNo opportunities to grow and training is poor. Worked there for over three years with no raise and lack of annual reviews, and starting salary is very low. Employee morale is extremely low with high turnover, and you will not learn a whole lot while on the job.

Manual Processing and Fast Paced Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFree Parking, Work From Home Access, Health Care Benefits, 401K, Flex Time, Fitness Center

ConsHave Thick Skin, Timeliness, High Security Risk

Advice to Senior ManagementDocumentation Beats Conversation.
    Think about Risk.
    Everyone should come with there "A" game.
    Make environment conversations professional.

My worst career experience...

Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWhile there was a bad company culture, there was a few nice people working there.

ConsPay is bad but the company culture is the worst. Everyone looks after only themselves and not for the interest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many vice presidents....associate vice presidents, senior vice presidents, executive vice presidents.

NO CAREER PATH FOR EMPLOYEES

ProsTime Off Flexiblity
    Great Team of Peers
    Decent Vacation Time

ConsNo Job Path for minorities
    Same People continue to get promoted and it is not due to job Awareness
    Most managers have no clue what they are doing or what their employees do on a daily basis
    Employee morale is horrible
    HR is a group of lame ducks because they can not make a decision on anything.
    Making a huge profit because they are severly understaffed but they continue to operate like this because it is profitable to the principals and shareholders.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees as people. If you see them in the hall actually speak to them instead of dropping your head to avoid eye contact.

Worked for Reliance Trust Company? Contribute to the Community!