Reliant Energy

www.reliant.com

Reliant Energy Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Reliant Energy – Paralākhemundi – “132/33Kv S/S paralakehmundi”

Elizabeth Killinger

ANALYST

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay industry standards, large, stable parent company

ConsPoor upper management, Tough work environment and work culture

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employee development, clear long term business plan

I love the people I work with!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people are awesome to work with. Great environment with many challenges if you're will to take them on.

ConsRecently acquired by NRG who is continuing to acquire more companies and have seen some layoffs over the past year as a result of the growth.

sad - safe yourself a headache

Special Projects Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere is nothing good about this place.

ConsThe managers, supervisors, coaches, and team leaders are all political. If they don't like you, they will get rid of you. All I can say is please do not waste your time working for this company. They will keep you in the same position for years and not offer you a promotion if they don't like you. I was one of the top salespersons here at this company. I went to luncheons, I won prizes, and all of my co-workers marveled at my performance, and when I moved to my new department my work was often structured, hidden, or deleted. I complained about it to my coach, and her reply was, "What do you want me to do?" My work badge to gain access into the building was deactivated more than once prior to my knowledge causing me to be locked in a hot stinky stairwell. I had to walk up like 5 flights of stairs to gain access back to my floor. By this time, I was sweaty and frustrated. Then, I would get back to my work station and receive an email saying that my badge was deactivated after the fact. When I told my coach that my badge was deactivated causing me wackiness to my morning, she laughed. On top of it all, they will find reasons to not pay you your incentive checks. On my last day of working there, after my supervisor told me I wasn't getting my incentive, she laughed hysterically all morning until the lady from Primary came and escorted me out of the building. I asked her why I was being let go, she said, unprofessionalism. When I applied for unemployment benefits, Reliant had told the unemployment people that I caused a scene, cursed out loud, and that's why they fired me. This is a bold face stupid lie. I didn't curse anyone out or use profanity. Not only will they lie to get what they want, but they will make up stories to hinder you from getting unemployment. Do not waste your time with these jokers. They will make your life a living hell. I constantly suffered from higher blood pressure than normal while working here and they only want to pay you pennies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront and straight up with your employees. Lies are dangerous and could potentially make a situation worse. Treat everyone the same. If you are going to give one employee VRH(voluntary reduced hours) to prevent them from getting attendance points, do it for the next one. Listen! Listen! Listen! Lies are no way to solve an issue.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tiring

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNothing good to talk about here

ConsVery Stingy company, and very hard on feedback review

Reliant Energy job experience review

Ops Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBig well known company. Lots of diff opportunity

ConsNo work life balance for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better

Risk Analyst

Risk Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat team of talented people to work with

ConsCompany benefits are not as good as other companies in same industry. Promotions are far and few and not often communicated to the group.

Billing Tech

ProsGrowth potential is there, there is lots of new changes everyday, as they are merging.The atmosphere is aggressive

ConsCo-workers tend to be clannish,and at the end of the day there has been some petty stuff.And you might get better perks if you are a who you know type of person.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue everyone contributions that helped you get to that goal

6 years with company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat people and some flexibility

ConsSalaries are low for the industry

used to be a better place to work

ProsPay is very competitive with the market

ConsCEO is selling staff short with current merger.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people during a merger.

Customer service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) South Houston, TX

ProsGood compensation, room for growth, professional work place, friendly environment, refreshments for employees, bosses are friendly and supportive, fun activities to improve relationship between employees, transparency between different departments. Overtime opportunity. Upper managers are attentive and notice, encourage employee performance.

ConsStress from angry customers, office in downtown so lunches are expensive and have to walk far. Difficult to move to other departments even the jobs are more suitable with interests, education because of the current position in customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be attentive to employee performance and needs. Give opportunities for employees to move within the company.

Worked for Reliant Energy? Contribute to the Community!