Reliant Energy

www.reliant.com

Reliant Energy Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Reliant Energy – Paralākhemundi – “132/33Kv S/S paralakehmundi”

Elizabeth Killinger

Don't waste your time !

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsI got a free nest thermostat : )

ConsThis is a MUST READ if you're considering being a sales agent for Reliant Energy/Tecomax !
    You're literally hired on the spot but don't be deceived , most don't stay . We had a hired class of about 49 people and maybe only one or two stayed .
    Here's why . Your day starts at 8am . Then you spend an hour or so listening to the millionaires of the company talk of their financial success . Then you sit around the office trying to hype each other up until about 1pm . From there you go to your territory . You're dropped off in a neighborhood from 1:30 to around 9:00 pm knocking the same doors over and over . While you're knocking doors your supervisors spend the day in their cars eating and staying out of the elements . Even if you have an emergency and have to leave they will not come get you . They say the ones that are successful endure it . That's your day .
    Also don't be deceived by the pay ! It's NOT $100 a deal the way they say . It starts at $80 a deal BUT the regional managers cut is also taken from that so you start at $60 a deal .
    Only the higher ups profit that's why they hire in volume knowing most won't stay

Advice to Senior ManagementWise up . Be honest with new hires

sad - safe yourself a headache

Special Projects Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere is nothing good about this place.

ConsThe managers, supervisors, coaches, and team leaders are all political. If they don't like you, they will get rid of you. All I can say is please do not waste your time working for this company. They will keep you in the same position for years and not offer you a promotion if they don't like you. I was one of the top salespersons here at this company. I went to luncheons, I won prizes, and all of my co-workers marveled at my performance, and when I moved to my new department my work was often structured, hidden, or deleted. I complained about it to my coach, and her reply was, "What do you want me to do?" My work badge to gain access into the building was deactivated more than once prior to my knowledge causing me to be locked in a hot stinky stairwell. I had to walk up like 5 flights of stairs to gain access back to my floor. By this time, I was sweaty and frustrated. Then, I would get back to my work station and receive an email saying that my badge was deactivated after the fact. When I told my coach that my badge was deactivated causing me wackiness to my morning, she laughed. On top of it all, they will find reasons to not pay you your incentive checks. On my last day of working there, after my supervisor told me I wasn't getting my incentive, she laughed hysterically all morning until the lady from Primary came and escorted me out of the building. I asked her why I was being let go, she said, unprofessionalism. When I applied for unemployment benefits, Reliant had told the unemployment people that I caused a scene, cursed out loud, and that's why they fired me. This is a bold face stupid lie. I didn't curse anyone out or use profanity. Not only will they lie to get what they want, but they will make up stories to hinder you from getting unemployment. Do not waste your time with these jokers. They will make your life a living hell. I constantly suffered from higher blood pressure than normal while working here and they only want to pay you pennies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront and straight up with your employees. Lies are dangerous and could potentially make a situation worse. Treat everyone the same. If you are going to give one employee VRH(voluntary reduced hours) to prevent them from getting attendance points, do it for the next one. Listen! Listen! Listen! Lies are no way to solve an issue.

Pretty good

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIts a big company with lots of potential

ConsLots of politics, don't pay alot. no appreciation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Difficult Place to Work during Ownership Transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople committed to their customers and each other
    Strong work ethic from employees
    Good benefits

ConsLoss of benefits with new NRG ownership
    Lack of clear leadership from Senior Management
    Inconsistent support for retail business

Contractor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location, decent pay, comfortable workspaces

ConsNo love for contractors, who are not always treated the best way.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore openness

Inexperienced leaders. Too focused on operations vs. driving more business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPays well. Benefits are okay. People are mostly nice.

ConsLeadership is like-minded and has been working together for over 10 years. No upward mobility unless you've been at the company for many years. Can't trust leadership to do what's right. Business is not growing and they will have to be in cost-cutting mode for the foreseeable future. No real strategy for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside of the building and see how other companies compete for business. Bring in outside leaders with experience in marketing and driving subscription type services.

Tiring

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNothing good to talk about here

ConsVery Stingy company, and very hard on feedback review

used to be a better place to work

ProsPay is very competitive with the market

ConsCEO is selling staff short with current merger.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people during a merger.

Bad for long term career growth senior management lacks vision

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good and feedback on activities is given. Moreover junior cadre gel in well and are friendly. You can sometimes move up fast if you are in the proper lobby. Visibility is often there. Immediate bosses are supportive of their juniors

ConsManagement lacks vision and often makes erratic decisions. Factionalism is rife and your advancement depends on your sycophancy and the faction you are in. Juniors are not well treated by the middle management. Company lacks standard operating procedures in work and too much depends on the individual with no fail safe mechanisms in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease avoid the perennial firefighting mode. Take sound decisions at the corporate levels like viability of the projects to be taken up. More often than not management indulges in value destruction. Further please try to control this sycophancy culture and curb factionalism

A company in transition

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe compensation package was good, annual bonus, 401K and generous vacation at sign-on
    A mature IT Development Lifecycle
    Worked with some great IT Senior Management

ConsThe company was constantly acquiring new acquisitions; the state of employment was in constant flux
    The salary was competitive, but at the low end of the scale
    Working downtown at the Pavilion was not convenient; long walk from Metro Bus route at downtown locations

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much management and not enough worker bees... Really need to reassess how you determine who stays and who goes when going thru a merger/acquisition situation

Worked for Reliant Energy? Contribute to the Community!