Reliant Hospital Partners

1.5
CEO

1. Senior management team member

I have been working at Reliant Hospital Partners

Pros

I enjoyed the local hardworking staff at the hospital that worked so hard even against all the challenges and mismanagement from corporate office

Cons

Terrible abuse from corporate to Dayton Ohio hospital staff led to 130% Attrition in 2014. This stat from the director of HR who also left due to the abuse.

Advice to Management

Terminate COO who has no personnel management skills and literally has left many management and staff broke down and crying due to abusive phone calls and language.

2. Worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Office Worker in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Braintree, MA

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here unless you absolutely need a job.

Cons

Company is greedy beyond belief. COO treats everyone like dirt. There is no backup in any department, they run the hospitals on essentially a skeleton staff.

Advice to Management

Try treating employees like human beings and not things just there to make you richer. Stop lying to employees also, telling them their job is safe and then laying them off 2-3 weeks later.

Reliant Hospital Partners took over NERH- Company morale dwindles even further

Former Employee - Kitchen in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Kitchen in Woburn, MA

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is geared towards the company Reliant Hospital Partners that took over NERH in the New england area. This was previously owned by Five Star Quality Care. I cannot enter any links here, but if you want to read some good articles about the take over, enter in the keywords reliant takes over five star into google (Fool, pehub and bizjournals have some good information)

Cons

This company waltzes in January of 2014. After taking over, there are over 300 layoffs within the NERH family (including braintree and Lowell) Nurses are forced to work 12 hour shifts, and only given literally 24 hours to make this life altering decision. Kitchen employees are working with a skeleton crew already, and then are forced to put part timers on the side lines. Because you see Reliant will not lay them off.....oh no. Why would they do that? Then those poor jobless employees who were already making close to minimum wage wouldn't be able to collect, if they had too! So instead, they keep them on as PRN, and basically use them whenever they need to. But, they know they won't ever receive that call...or at least not enough to make a decent living.
         Now, after such a traumatizing experience for these hard working employees, you would expect at least some form of compensation. Maybe a raise in pay? NOPE! Nothing! They cut all these employees, expect the remaining employees to work like dogs, and not even give them a raise in pay! In fact, what little extras they were receiving before such as differential pay for the weekends and nights were TAKEN AWAY. Oh! and overtime pay?! Sorry, your not getting it here!
        Let me ask all those reading this, what hospital do you know of that does not pay at least another dollar for a PRN position? Not Reliant Hospital Partners! We are nothing to these people. We are not human beings, but mindless robots, only there to boost profits. I hope the people who make these decisions are happy with the work they have done.
         Do you know that there are employees at NERH that have been working there for over 25 years who have received what equals out to about a $1 raise per 10 years of working time due to companies like yourselves coming in, taking over and screwing the employees who have given their lives to these places. There are others who have been given even LESS than that over a 10 year period, and we are talking cents here. You should be so proud. I hope you enjoy rolling in your millions of dollars that are stained with your hard working employees blood who are struggling to feed there families.

Advice to Management

Remember that each person working for you is an individual, not just a money making machine. We have families to feed, and bills to pay. Find some compassion, and work on your ability to empathize with your fellow human beings. Because at the end of the day, money can not bring you ultimate happiness.

5. Good rehab experience.

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Seeing too many patients at a time. But it is the industry standard now.

Too Much Responsibility; Too Little Support

Former Employee - PBX Operator in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - PBX Operator in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was an early incentive

Cons

As a newly hired PRN-PBX Operator, it became quickly apparent that this job title was not all-encompassing. It is expected that this single person, after being "trained", would be
    the one end-all, be-all admissions person evenings and weekends to possibly arrange transportation of patients from acute care facility to Reliant. If working at all during a portion of a weekday shift, this person is also expected to check-in outpatient therapy patients, collect their copay if needed and apply it to the patient account; answer the phone, prepare all necessary paperwork for patient admission using multiple software programs that do not always mesh; go to patient room for admission signatures on bulky tablet-style computers; record admissions and discharges; do call backs to discharged patients for their input on care and service. Day shift managers seem to arrange for later day transportation of patients to Reliant rather than earlier. This makes for an extra long day for patients, doctors and nurses as well as burdening PBX operator with a much longer than necessary day. A 4-7 day stretches to 8-9 pm clock out.

Advice to Management

Think more of your in-coming patients rather than the bottom dollar.

7. Terrible place to work

I have been working at Reliant Hospital Partners full-time

Pros

Pay is acceptable. Buildings are nice.

Cons

Worse insurance plans offered to employees at a premium price. Its like not having insurance.
    Hard work, corporate style ethics- do what corporate wants at any costs.

Advice to Management

Dont follow corporate orders like a clone robot! Stand up for what is right, ethical, and to improve employee work conditions.

8. Unstable work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people on the front lines.

Cons

Senior management of the company is poor. Do as I say not as I do. Disorganized, grind through people without a concern of how it effects the organization. Benefits are poor. It is all about the money. Bottom line expectations are non-negotiable. Here today and gone tomorrow with no regard to people. Work a ton of extra hours to get treated badly. Career opportunities exist if you cut corners, treat people poorly, and push the "envelope".

Advice to Management

Buy vowel and get a clue. Enhance communication from managment to facility staff.

9. Very disfunctional management team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners

Pros

It's better than unemployment and most of the clinical staff really care about the patients

Cons

Undercapitalized organization and a senior management team that does not communicate or cooperate

10. Great at first then went into the tank

I worked at Reliant Hospital Partners (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for 3 years then in the tank under new owners

Cons

Not a place to work anymore, no value for employees

Advice to Management

Replace them all

RSS Feed </> Embed