Reliant Rehabilitation

Add Photos

Mark Fowler

I love Reliant! It's the best place I have ever worked

Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) Shenandoah, TX

ProsThe pay rate is really excellent. My supervisors are amazing, very approachable and easy to talk to. Very organized and well customized care.

ConsThere isn't enough employee recognition. Due to the whole facility being rehabilitation, when patients go home several leave in one day and that can cause low census hospital wide which results in a reduction of available shifts to work. The staff grid for nursing needs improvement.

Career NOT a Job!

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsMy recruiter was kind and helpful. He made me feel good about the company right from the start. Once I completed my phone interview and site visit I could not wait to get started. I feel my rate of pay is very competitive based on my experience. The benefits are as good if not better than other therapy companies I have worked for. My Rehab Director is supportive and very knowledgeable. I feel like I am part of a team, and I'm appreciated for my work ethic. Yay for me and my family!

ConsI wish they had skilled nursing homes in Hawaii. I'm going to move there in 5 years and I would like to continue working for Reliant. Who knows maybe in 5 years they will?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Happy

Department (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI am a new grad. I go to work everyday happy, and excited about the challenges I will face. I have 3 "buddies" my recruiter connected me with so I can ask questions and bounce ideas off more experienced therapists daily if needed. 8 months and I am still loving this company more and more.

ConsI don't have any yet. I'm sure some will eventually pop up, but for now I am pleased I started my career with Reliant. I had many choices as all therapists who interview well do. I'm very happy with my decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continue to show you care, provide knowledge and advice when you can, and most importantly praise us when we deserve it. I feel we can get "lost" out in the field at times. I don't want that to be the case.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible company

ProsThere are no pros to working for Reliant Rehab.

ConsReliant rehab is a horrible company to work for. I would highly recommend not wasting your time with this company. The corporate office is disorganized, never returns calls, and is always making mistakes with payroll or something else. Some of the corporate office workers have bad attitudes and are so rude, that it makes you not even want to call when you have a question. (and they get away with treating employees that way!) I had my paycheck short $400 on one occasion. The VP's don't act like they care about their employees and all you ever hear from the regionals is negativity. The productivity requirement is so high that it's not even realistic, and we don't even have a rehab tech to help with day to day filing, transporting patients, assisting the rehab director, sanitizing the gym, etc. My pay has been cut multiple times, along with PTO cuts. An employee of over 5 years should have more PTO than a new employee, but that's not the way this company treats their long term employees. There is no incentive to stay with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, treat them right, and show appreciation. This is how you will gain happier and more productive employees for your company. Give raises instead of the stupid little toys you send out every month that sit in the office and collect dust.

Terrible Company

ProsMy co-workers. That's about all.

ConsThe corporate office is horrible to deal with. When you have a payroll question, etc, it takes weeks for someone to call you back if they ever even do. The turnover of Regional Managers is ridiculous (multiple per year), and there is never employee recognition for the good you do. If you give this company an inch, they take a mile. I have never gotten a pay raise, only pay cuts (multiple times) The productivity expectations are insane also. This is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for and would not recommend them to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't cut employees PTO. Give raises. Show appreciation for your employees instead of pointing out the negative things all the time.

Unethical, breeding corruption from within, all about productivity and money

Physical Therapist (Current Employee) League City, TX

ProsTemporary job if your desperate...

ConsChange senior management, VP's that have been with the company since inception. Dishonest and corrupt to the core, 30 PAGES of new hire documents, not training, must start billing, first day, no orientation.
    They change HR people weekly. Unkept area managers, they look professional

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is a board of directors, look at the internet reviews.....its obvious...

Unethical, greedy, can't trust management.

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe other therapists that recognize the unethical practices in place

ConsSee pt's 3-4 at a time, but you are instructed to bill individually. Pay cuts, never raises. Productivity expectations are ridiculous. They fire people for no reason, you'll just get a phone call that today was your last day. They don't care about pt. care or your level of expertise, bottom line is make money for the greedy company or you'll get a text after your day is over that you need to reduce the hours you worked that day to raise your productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage a Taco Bell, or take some courses in employee relations. If you want an ethical career, don't work here.

Worst company I ever worked for

ProsThe therapists I work with & the residents

ConsPay cuts. Benefits cost. Took away 40 PTO hours & not allowing us to use our PTO hours at times. Impossible and unethical productivity expectations. No PRN staff due to lower than standard pay rates. Poor communication. No incentive to retain employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication with therapy staff. Stop taking away benefits. Stop announcing each therapist's individual productivity by name on conference calls. Stop corporate bonuses, & let corporate staff absorb some of the cuts. Stop making promises that are never fulfilled. Give us some incentive to stay with the company & be proud to say who we work for.

This company is a NIGHTMARE!

Speech Therapist (Former Employee)

ProsThe other therapists were good people.

ConsThere are so many things wrong with this company it's impossible to list them all so I'll focus on a few essentials. The people running this company do not listen and have a culture of poor communications. I'm a contractor and I had important questions about training, documentation and over-time so my company made phone calls and sent emails but the people at Reliant disregarded all but one. When one did answer an email all she did was state that they don't provide over-time which did not answer the question. They weren’t much better with answering the DOR's questions, in fact, the regional manager who was supposed to be supportive either ignored his questions or referred him to someone else who was un-knowledgeable.

Rehab Sync is the computer system Reliant uses and it was complicated as well as problematic. It frequently mixed up patient information from different patients, placed wrong dates on evals and therapy notes and even lost evals that were just created and saved. The wording was gobbledygook and we couldn't change it. This company will be hit with denials from the bad evals just because of this system.

There was zero training on the system. A woman came to set up the computers days after we started therapy at a new facility and she literally told us to “play with it” and “figure it out at home”. A great deal of unproductive time was spent figuring it out by the whole rehab team. We kept asking for training but never got it. The regional manager said weeks later that there was a webinar we should have taken but he never told us about it. Later, the DOR asked a woman over the phone how to do things on Rehab Sync and she could barely answer the questions. When he told her the problems we were having she told him that he was doing things wrong, we were the problem and nothing was wrong with Rehab Sync. As of this writing, the system has improved very little.

The regional manager at our facility came in once a week if that, and harped about the productivity. Productivity was 85% then they changed it to 90%. When the DOR or any therapist asked him important questions this guy would look at his shoes, talk about his FaceBook page, stare us down with awkward silence or tell us to ask some one else. In reality, he couldn't answer our questions because he was an assistant. Not to put down assistants, they are important, but he didn't do evals or discharges so he didn't know the answers. Either he couldn't or didn't provide us with anyone who did know. Is the whole company run by assistants who don't know the answers?

We were totally unsupported, we all felt like we were being set up to fail and we all had to work on our own time. Reliant Rehab is so bad it's embarrassing. Don't even take a 3 month contract with this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the rehab business.

Reliant Rehab is a wonderful employer!

Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI've been with Reliant for only 6 months and have seen my Regional Director more than I did in the six years with my prior rehab company. Management pays a lot of attention to the Nursing Home Administrator during their visits, which is fine by me because i dont like to feel micromanaged. I love that everything is automated and administration is helpful.

ConsToo many compliance hoops to jump through.

Advice to Senior ManagementI received my annual enrollment booklet in the mail and was excited to see the benefits rates have decreased! The booklet explained everything step-by-step and I've scheduled my appointment. Thank you for making annual enrollment so easy!

Worked for Reliant Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!