RemX Specialty Staffing

2.2

Stephen Sorensen

Temporary positions

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing

Pros

Provided positions with Wells Fargo, which led to a permanent position.

Cons

Need access to mortgage positions.

Staffing Manager

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing full-time

Pros

Flexibility, recognition for going above. Lots of benefits and off site training.

Cons

Lots of work outside of office. If you are not committed to growing your business this is not the place for you.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at RemX Specialty Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior management backs you up, great training!

Cons

The commission structure on some could be higher.

Keep doing what you do!

Gets you where you need to go

I have been working at RemX Specialty Staffing (more than an year)

Pros

They found me job opportunities almost immediately after applying with them. After several months of job hunting, they were able to offer me a choice of where to contract.

They also let me know if my hours with whatever company I'm contracting with haven't been approved, so I can get them approved in time for direct deposit of my check.

Cons

Bad healthcare plan. They also don't tell you much (or maybe they don't know) all the details about the jobs they had offered me. They didn't know what time I was supposed to show up for one of my jobs, nor did they know how long I was supposed to work a certain job for.

Make sure to find out certain things about positions: hours, length of contract, and job duties. Also, it'd be nice if someone explained to newer hires how contracting works compared to other types of work. I was never really sure where i stood with the companies I contracted for.

LIES

Current Employee - Preauthorization in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Preauthorization in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at RemX Specialty Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Everything was a lie, SO NONE

Cons

Miscommunication
    Misrepresentation
    Crucial Info Missing
    Poor Benefits
    Poor Attitude when contacted regarding false information

RUN AWAY!!!

Was told I was going to work for a temp to hire. All I had to do was show up on time and work hard, guaranteed a position and raise. Second day on the job, and the company tells us they are only hiring FOUR out of 250 temps. That we would have to work EVERY SATURDAY, and that our shifts were 12 hours, and Job ends January 31st.. no questions. If you do get hired, NO RAISE. NONE OF THIS WAS EXPLAINED BY REMX. I have multiple emails with information, and none of this was ever discussed. My new teammates quit full time, permanent stable jobs to come here, and then find out they would be jobless in 3 months. UNACCEPTABLE and UNETHICAL. DO NOT TRUST THEM, THEY LIE TO YOUR FACE!!! Now I'm back to square one, looking for another job, after I had turned down other offers for permanent work for this one, because they pay was good and they promised the company would be hiring at least 100 of us.

Had better Staff Agencies

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very helpful to assist you on getting your first interview.

Cons

Since you are a temp, after your job ends.... Good luck with REMX trying to respond to any of your e-mails. They took ...fee already, so no need to assist when trying to interview with another job..... No response from Senior Recruiter... Would not recommend to a friend...

Return e-mails

Wonderful staff

Former Employee - Contract/Pricing Coordinator in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Contract/Pricing Coordinator in Marietta, GA

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The staff did an excellent job of matching your abilities with the right company.

Cons

Effective communication with my initial contact person was off. This resulted in poor followup.

There are better staffing companies out there to join.

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing full-time

Pros

You can do what you want and work on positions anywhere. If you can do everything yourself, you can have a spot there but if you are going to, might as well start your own company.

Cons

System is an absolute nightmare! Worst recruiting software I've ever seen. No interaction with Outlook, system isn't user friendly and you'll spend 2 hours inputting a job order with 20 errors with just error code (1234221) for reference.

Hardware is terrible- Computers still have floppy disk drives, no joke, and still running Microsoft 2003 if you are lucky.

High Turnover- No one stays at this company, it's merely a paycheck till you find something else. Look at the turnover on LinkedIn.

No Focus- You are sold you can work anywhere because no one has local accounts to work on. You'll end up working on minimum wage type positions for horrible markups, competing with every other company out there and you won't make any commissions off of them. Might as well join a light industrial staffing company, well you are, RemX is just a blip on the parent company, Select, and treated as so.

Doesn't understand permanent placement.

No team. The company just chases its tail and you won't have a team till the numbers are there and the numbers will never be there without the team. 6 perm people in 18 offices. 30% of offices even have a salesperson.

Start over. Either run independently of Select Staffing or become Select Staffing, don't be a specialty staffing while working on and competing with your own parent company. Invest in software and hardware and give your team the resources to be successful. Build teams.

The poorest management for a recruiting agency I have ever seen.

I worked at RemX Specialty Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers a variety of "Golden Handcuffs" to their producers. Account Executives and Staffing Managers are given iPhones from about 3 years ago.

Cons

Training and software are antiquated. The organization is about 5-10 years behind on tech, the Market Manager, has only been with the company for a short period of time, and she has been out of recruiting for the last 10 years. The organization itself makes copious amounts of money because of its size but the vast majority of the created wealth is concentrated at the top. Commissions are low, support is practically non-existent, turnover is extremely high, and RemX has a pretty poor reputation in the Denver Market.

Going no where very fast!

Current Employee - Case Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at RemX Specialty Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Constant communications between RemX reps via email, phone call and texting--the Reps work hard.

Cons

The job placement was with McKesson, an organization that I worked for 15 years ago in the same capacity in which I was placed. The training was 3 days and I (and supposedly others) was yanked with out being provided any reason. I can only surmise that it had something to do with the trainer not having confidence in our abilities to follow the robotic script. Or, it could have been the few "lifers" that I ran into and that I worked with in the past, discovered that I was a cancer survivor or just didn't like me. I'm a college educated person (and not a Uof Phoenix graduate!) with 20+ years of relevant background and just wanted to get my foot in the door so that I could grow within the organization; I was willing to do what it takes. Both the manager and UC told our training group that they too were RemX placements, however, another RemX employee stated that only about 1% move forward~this is believable.
    The sad thing is that in those 3 days I was receiving phone calls, emails and Linkedin messages for offers with other organizations and I turned them down.

Screen the applicant closely with the vendor so that the fit is good!

RemX Specialty Staffing Photos