ReminderMedia Reviews

Steven Acree

1. Extremely positive, immense room for growth

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at ReminderMedia as an intern

Pros

Positive working environment, great management. Growing company with room to grow your own career. Plenty of opportunities.

Cons

There are really no cons to working at ReminderMedia. It has been nothing but a pleasant work experience and I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge even as an intern.

Apr 17, 2015Communications Specialist

We're strive to provide a positive learning environment for all employees and interns. Thank you for recognizing the hard work of management, as well as the internship coordinator, and thank you for ... More

Presenter/Speaker

I have been working at ReminderMedia

Pros

The company does all the scheduling and follow up. If it works in your schedule, it's a great part-time gig and you can earn more in few hours than you would in a standard part-time job. They are always looking for ways to improve, grow, and give more value to their clients, as well as opening up new opportunities for outside sales.

Cons

They also have an inside sales dept. and on occasion, there can be some 'colliding' but it's rare. Meetings that get cancelled most often don't get replaced.

Advice to Management

Ensuring more meetings would be great!

Mar 25, 2015Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Growing company with a great vision investing in quality, hardworking individuals.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are great people to work with. Competitive commission based salaries. Management is eager to improve quality of life for employees who deliver results.

Cons

This is not a job for everyone. It takes a lot of drive and effort. It can feel repetitive and frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Don't allow growth dilute your vision or the culture you created. Chew before you swallow.

Mar 25, 2015Communications Specialist

Thanks for your honest comments. I'll pass your advice along to management, and I encourage you to continue to offer constructive suggestions.

Happy Outside Presenter

Current Employee - Outside Presenter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Outside Presenter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ReminderMedia part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well, when I first started here about 7 years ago (currently still with the company), I was trained by the best sales manager I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Unfortunately he went on to pursue other interests. He was stellar!

Now, after much trial and error, there is another good sales manager so I am encouraged but it took a while to get this straight and in between it was not good (and that was years).

Pros:

Appointments are made for you so you can concentrate only on presenting the magazine/marketing plan to clients.

The magazine is BEAUTIFUL and the marketing plan is top notch and unique so most of the time it's easy to sell the benefits to a client and if a presenter gets a tough group, it's always the group, not the marketing and I know it because the magazine/marketing plan are awesome.

Continued income for past efforts.

Cons

Slow to make changes that would boost sales.

I was told when I started that there would be other vertical markets that have not panned out but really, that is more related to how to present this and not the company itself.

Advice to Management

The sales manager for the outside sales people is IMPORTANT. Please don't ever throw just anyone on to that job.

Mar 25, 2015Communications Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will make sure to pass this information along to management. Best of luck!

6. Temp Job okay

I have been working at ReminderMedia

Pros

The people were great and the work was easy

Cons

Not the most exciting or satisfying work

Thanks for sharing!

My full-perspective, from a RM veteran and an advocate

I worked at ReminderMedia

Pros

The ReminderMedia Creative Group is first-class.
    My colleagues were incredibly innovative, collaborative, fun-loving, and all of them brimming with unique creativity. The combined talents, technical skills, and knowledge of the individuals who make up this group are a powerful combination—one that you benefit and learn from everyday. The RM Creative Group never missed an opportunity to celebrate a special day or each other. From the obvious holidays to made up ones like "Stir Friday," or a team member's birthday, anniversary, new baby, or new success—this crew thrives from a positive work environment and is a close-knit family that supports each other; no matter what.

Despite the fun atmosphere, everyone works hard and is passionate about the work they do. Each player within the RM Creative Group pulls there weight and is expected to. We were always given the freedom and support needed for growth, encouraged to take initiative and share our ideas.

Within the RM Creative Group, we absolutely could listen to music, and many of us would stream radio and such from our phones—but we worked hard well doing so. It's obvious that creativity and the staff that fuels it are appreciated at ReminderMedia because they were consistently asking for our input and making improvements to the environment, ensuring it fit the needs of a vibrant and growing creative team. Our Creative Director always was (and is still) an incredible advocate on my behalf. He was always engaging, approachable, and willing to have a laugh, share his time, articulate his thinking, and offer his advice.

Success in ReminderMedia's Creative Group comes easy, and growth and opportunity happens often if . . .
    - you're a hard worker, who doesn't need to be micro-managed and doesn't take advantage of freedom
    - you're willing to listen to feedback, learn from mistakes, and apply it
    - you're also not afraid to share your perspective, offer advice, or critique work for others
    - you thrive off of group projects/brainstorming, but can work just as well on your own
    - you're always striving to do your best work, but you're not competitive with others

You're given a lot of opportunity here—and what I think is a great balance of creative freedom and support.

Company Growth:
    In the 7 years I spent with ReminderMedia, I've seen the company grow significantly, and in so many areas. They support big ideas and innovation from the veterans to the rookies, across all departments—and it shows.

Environment and Culture:
    There many fantastic employee events planned throughout the year (at least one every month and a wide variety). Solid employee recognition programs are in place and "thank you" actions happen often. An employee newsletter goes out once a month to keep everyone informed of the latest news and happenings.

Personal Growth:
    During my time here, I grew significantly as a person, a designer, and a manager. The types of projects and opportunities I encountered fueled growth far beyond my job description and daily tasks or responsibilities.

If it weren't for a life-changing event and cross-country move, I would still be there today. I miss my ReminderMedia family, and can't wait to see what's next on their path. I'll always value the time that I spent there.

Cons

My "cons" at ReminderMedia are not my own, but ones I've witnessed others struggle with.

You're held accountable for your tasks and actions.
    If you prefer to be micro-managed with limited responsibilities, ReminderMedia isn't for you.

Fast growth means you'll be faced with some adversity and change.
    All change is eventually for the better—but I've witnesses some who get caught-up in the right-now minor adjustment, to can't see the around the corner bigger (and better) picture of where this change will lead.

Space can become short-term limited, but then is always adjusted for the better in the long term.
    If you don't like a flexible, evolving work environment, you might be uncomfortable.

New products are popping up more and more often, and new promotions or new content/design offerings happen almost monthly.
    If you don't like to constantly learn new things, and seek comfort in the stagnant, you might find the challenge to be overwhelming, rather than exciting.

Traffic in this area is like the wind—it can be brutal, unpredictable, and unyielding.
    Beat the rushby joining a gym close by—it's a great motivator for a daily work out.

Advice to Management

Never lose the sense of excitement for what's happening now, and the sense of wonder for what's next.

Continue to expand—just look how far we've come! From American Lifestyle magazine to additional print offerings, digital content, sharable social media content, video, and now almTV . . . keep moving forward.

Keep supporting value and and big ideas—for the next big idea, and the ones after that. You've invested time and money to ensure the team(s) behind these ideas have the tools, equipment, and support they need flourish—and this support shows. Keep it going.

Continue to evolve our culture, and no matter how large the organization grows, don't lose it. Culture and communication have come a long way, and this progress is reflected throughout the office walls.

Apr 17, 2015Communications Specialist

This organization couldn't have reached these goals without the dedication from team members like you. Thanks for being an integral part of our success.

8. Review for Business Development Internship at ReminderMedia

Former Intern - Business Development in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Intern - Business Development in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Positive, Upbeat work enviroment
    -Everyone who works here is so friendly and open
    -Paid internship with professional development workshops weekly

Cons

KOP traffic/commute can be rough

Mar 25, 2015Communications Specialist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We've put a lot of work into developing both our culture and our internship program, and are so glad to hear you had a positive experience. Best of luck for the ... More

9. Direct Sales Internship

Former Intern - Direct Sales
    Former Intern - Direct Sales

I worked at ReminderMedia as an intern

Pros

They have flexible hours and can work around your class schedule. Great introduction to sales as you will be on the floor making sales calls a majority of the time. Managers are very helpful and willing to help you succeed. They encourage you to get involved in different departments if you so desire.

Cons

Most of the cons would relate to any sales job. You get turned down a majority of the time, there will be rude prospects, ect.

Mar 25, 2015Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review our sales internship program. I hope this experience helps as you pursue your career goals.

Business development intern

Former Intern - Business Development Intern in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Intern - Business Development Intern in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome knowledge of business and all aspects of the company. Ability to work with the CEO and COO on different tasks. Special projects were given based on your abilities.

Cons

Hourly rate is slow and work can get tedious at times. There are not many cons to this internship. It provided me with a better sense of what it would was like to work in a corporate environment.

Advice to Management

Speed up training process.

Oct 20, 2014Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the internship. We're constantly reviewing and improving our processes, so I will make sure to communicate your advice to management. Best of luck ... More

On the right path

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time

Pros

I have been working here for quite some time now, and things are headed in the right direction! I can honestly say I understand all of the negative reviews on here, but believe me when I say that is not how things are now. The management structure is WAY better now. The new VP of the company has his head screwed on correctly, and actually CARES about us. When he was promoted from a sales caller to a sales manager, we ALL started making money.
    Another plus is the team that you will join. I am personally on the Sales Team, and I can honestly say I enjoy every single sales rep. You will never work at a place where a sales team actually cares for one another, and wants the other reps to succeed....except for this one of couse!
    Commission structure is very fair, and you have potential to start making very good money.

Cons

The biggest con, even though I like the guy, is the CEO. He gets ideas in his head about things, and there is NO changing what he thinks (even though he can be wrong way more then he thinks). But again, now that he has managment in place that he can trust, he isn't as involved in things.

Commute can be bad from every direction.

It does take awhile to start making good money, but when you do it can be really good.

Some departments are a pain to deal with, but I personally don't have to deal with them too often.

Advice to Management

Trust. Trust the people around you to help it succeed. We all want this company to grow, but you have to give us the freedom to help and not always restrain us. Keep the moral up and this place will blossom. If you destroy people like the past, it will always be a start up company.

Aug 13, 2014Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It's a nice feeling when you enjoy your work environment and we're glad that you found that here.