ReminderMedia

On the right path

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time

Pros

I have been working here for quite some time now, and things are headed in the right direction! I can honestly say I understand all of the negative reviews on here, but believe me when I say that is not how things are now. The management structure is WAY better now. The new VP of the company has his head screwed on correctly, and actually CARES about us. When he was promoted from a sales caller to a sales manager, we ALL started making money.
    Another plus is the team that you will join. I am personally on the Sales Team, and I can honestly say I enjoy every single sales rep. You will never work at a place where a sales team actually cares for one another, and wants the other reps to succeed....except for this one of couse!
    Commission structure is very fair, and you have potential to start making very good money.

Cons

The biggest con, even though I like the guy, is the CEO. He gets ideas in his head about things, and there is NO changing what he thinks (even though he can be wrong way more then he thinks). But again, now that he has managment in place that he can trust, he isn't as involved in things.

Commute can be bad from every direction.

It does take awhile to start making good money, but when you do it can be really good.

Some departments are a pain to deal with, but I personally don't have to deal with them too often.

Trust. Trust the people around you to help it succeed. We all want this company to grow, but you have to give us the freedom to help and not always restrain us. Keep the moral up and this place will blossom. If you destroy people like the past, it will always be a start up company.

Aug 13, 2014Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It's a nice feeling when you enjoy your work environment and we're glad that you found that here.

Worked for the Best Software Manager I've Met

I worked at ReminderMedia

Pros

I worked for a former software manager, and he was incredible at his job. He turned what could've been a micro-managed chaos into an amazing place to work. As part of his team, I got a tremendous amount done. I felt a part of a team who was constantly improving. There was no pressure to work unpaid overtime, which is great. Work schedule was flexible. I felt empowered, trusted, and able to master the work.

Cons

That amazing manager no longer works there. The pay was literally half of industry standard.

You cannot expect to get something for half price with the same quality and speed as full price. As developers improved, they left, knowing there was no place for a sr. developer in the company. You cannot put a software manager in place then try to undermine them at every turn because you do not trust them.

Sep 4, 2014Communications Specialist

Thanks for your honesty. We’re glad that you had a nice experience, and that your manager made such a positive impact on you.

Over the past few years our company has experienced growth, and we
    ... More

A Great Place to Work!

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time

Pros

Great group of people! Currently celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary with 10 weeks of celebration which include contests, prizes/gifts and catered lunches. The office is being remodeled so we're all excited for the new & improved look.

I've worked here for several years and must say that as a team we work hard and have challenging goals to meet. The managers are really good with ongoing training and motivation. It's a competitive yet fun working environment. The managers are also very understanding and supportive when I've had personal issues and needed to take time off or leave early. PTO seems to be better than at other companies with 18 days after your 1st year. The company also contributes to your Health Insurance which also includes dental and vision. We also have quite a few paid holidays and NEVER work nights or weekends which is a major plus if your interested in work/life balance. Compensation seems to be on par with other companies in the area.

I'm looking forward to our Memorial Day Picnic on Friday and another great Christmas Party this year.

Cons

Traffic is terrible in the morning so you need to leave extra early to get to work on time.

Since you've stopped micro-managing things have improved greatly. It's all about getting the right people in the right positions and letting them shine. It's nice to see so many promotions from within.

Jun 6, 2014Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that our improvements are noticed throughout the organization.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My First Real Job and My First Real Mistake

Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

My first few projects gave me the freedom to be creative and explore why I loved graphic design, and most of the people the were in my department were intelligent, kind and interesting. The annual Holiday party was fantastic, but I would rather have had a small bonus.

The CFO, COO, and Creative Director were fantastically nice people who I wish the very best and I thank them for being able to learn from them.

Cons

Pay: Terrible. Less than half of the average for a designer in Philadelphia. In my time there, the demand for custom advertisements increased by at least 20%, but I was let go because my "level of productivity wasn't enough"

Environment: More like a prison. I was not allowed to use my phone at all, barely allowed to stream radio while I worked (if you're a designer this is a huge deal) and we weren't allowed to plan after work activities with one another while at work. They should realize that level of comfort in a work environment increases productivity. I'm at a job with twice the responsibility now, half the restrictions and I'm flourishing.

Location: The traffic was so terrible that I was devoting 12 hours a day to this job.

CEO: CEO Would, at times very audibly berate his employees within earshot of everyone in the building. He comes off as charming on day one, but then throws a hissy fit on day two when one of his "sales people" messes up. Out of the 10 people in my hiring class, I was one of 2 left. He's been on record for not respecting or caring about designers (the people who make his product) because they "don't make [him] any money". As you can probably guess, this didn't make me feel like a part of a work family. Additionally, his "sales pitch" is manipulative at best and definitely something I felt like I did not want to be a part of. Although I wasn't in sales, I was creating the product that was being sold.

Portfolio: I had sent an email asking for certain things to be added to my portfolio and they said they would "get back to me". Don't worry about it. You can keep it.

Communicate more with employees. I had no idea of the severity of listening to sports while I worked until they brought me in to be fired. My probationary period was up, but I was given no warning of misbehavior or decreased productivity. I believe I was treated not only poorly and unfairly, but the idea of going into work and being "chained" to my desk was not enticing to me.

The CEO needs to realize its the employees, INCLUDING DESIGNERS, that make him money so he can drive his BMW to work, park in what should be a handicapped spot and walk all over people he thinks are lower than him.

Jul 28, 2014Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. We do hope that the good experiences you mentioned and the opportunity to learn while you were with us was beneficial to your career as a graphic designer. We're sorry it ... More

No direction and unfortunate sales pitching

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

schedule, fake friendliness, holidays off

Cons

no training, no guidance or leadership, no feedback, etc.

get your stuff together if you expect people to do their jobs correctly and effectively.

Jul 10, 2014Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It sounds like you had a bad experience, and we’re sorry to hear that. We try to provide as much training as possible, particularly within our customer ... More

Great for young professionals!

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

RM often hires out of the internship program, and provides excellent training and cross-training opportunities. They have a very singular company message and communicate it well to all employees. Leadership is dedicated to team work, recognition, and overall company growth. Overall, it's a great place to work.

Cons

Location is accessible from many different areas and, unfortunately traffic is usually bad. Company hours are 9-6, which is tough for employees but very conducive to the sales and customer service aspect of the business.

May 21, 2014Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments as we continue to grow in these areas.

Great Concept, shame they don't follow their own advice...

I have been working at ReminderMedia

Pros

Some really talented people in place to achieve the goals of the organization...

Cons

but they aren't allowed to do the things they preach to their clients...

If you truly want to grow, open your eyes and follow your mantra... take care of your customers... that is how you build REPEAT AND REFERRAL business!!!

Jun 6, 2014Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review.
    What makes our customer referral program a success is focusing on the individual needs of the client first.

Start Up Marketing Company

Current Employee - Marketing Advisor  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Advisor in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady hours and decent pay for a call center.

Cons

Being chained to a desk all day. Having to log out just to go to the bathroom or grab a cup of coffee. Not being allowed to take personal phone calls and having cell phones banned entirely. High Director turnover rate.

Be consistent in you feedback.

Nice place to come to work everyday

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly, positive environment, great work life balance, everyone works hard but you are not expected to be connected 24/7 unlike some larger organizations. Fun events.

Cons

Because it's a call center the rules for punctuality are tight but acceptable. Strict No cell phone policy.

Continue to build the organization. Enhance benefits like 401(k), tuition assistance

May 21, 2014Communications Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. Your honesty is appreciated and your advice will be passed on to senior management.

Very Engaging Place to Work!

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing and you have lots of opportunity to play a big role in the exciting changes that are taking place.

The management team is very generous and plans lots of employee events including sports, fundraising events, dinners, picnics etc.

The environment is positive and fun to be around.

Cons

The benefits are moderate but could use improving - no 401(k), no paid life no paid STD

The hours are 9-6 which is not always to everyone's liking.

Better 401(k), paid life insurance, Paid STD/LTD

Worked for ReminderMedia? Contribute to the Community!