Remington College

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
2.3

CEO

Pros
  • The pay is good and you can get one or two day off at times (in 3 reviews)

• Starting pay is good compared to other jobs out there right now (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • but 100% of upper management are white (in 5 reviews)

• They also planned for over a year to implement a new system that would mean most of the Admissions reps would lose our jobs (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great employer.

Former Employee - Lead MA Instructor  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Lead MA Instructor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There was security in the job.

Cons

Working a split shift was hard with family left

Immoral and sinking

I worked at Remington College

Pros

Used to be proud of working there and excited to hear success stories. Pay was based on who you know and who you brown nosed.

Cons

Corporate is tearing the place apart. Ancient compared to competition two exits away. Too expensive it's ripping students off. So much you feel like giving them alternatives so they dont go into debt. Teachers let them do what students want and pass just for showing up. RUN

Great place to work.

I worked at Remington College full-time for less than a year

Pros

the campuses are kept small & this makes for a enjoyable work place.

Cons

The poor finacial times we are in have effected the number of students that enroll.

Keep in touch with your people as you have in the pasted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No morals at this awful work place

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was decent, however, not enough considering what they expected from us. That is the only "pro" I can think of.

Cons

-As my title states, there are no morals to speak of at Remington. Upper management does not care about it's employees and they would rather fire someone after a few months rather than provide good training to keep them. The only thing they care about is enrolling and keeping students. They tell instructors to do this by any means necessary. If a student does poor on a test or a paper, they are to be given an A+ anyway. I have seen papers that are so poor it's scary- they use horrific spelling and grammar, they use internet lingo like "lol" in their papers and are still given a 100. One paper said, and I quote, "being a nurse is like really important cuz u help ppl and IDK I just wanna do it lol". Slapped on top was a big red "100". That is completely awful. They are sending students into the workforce with no real training. After they graduate, Career Services is to find them a job...and fast. However, what management doesn't understand is: if you do not train them correctly, they will not get jobs. Career Services makes cold calls all day asking people to hire their students and have told me on multiple occasions that employers (in greater and greater numbers as time goes on) are saying "we don't hire Remington students." What does that tell you, CEO? Admissions enrolls absolutely anyone who walks through the door to reach their numbers, then instructors pretend to teach them, and Career Services struggles to find them a job and can't and they all get fired for it. But they are being set up for failure by the same rules that help another division of the company. Remington is destined for failure.

There is none to give. Remington is an immoral sinking ship.

Sorry

Former Employee - MA Instructor  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - MA Instructor in Columbia, SC

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is great and the students are the only good thing about this job, they are the reason we go in every day.

Cons

People in charge, CP, DOE, higher ups in Florida are terrible at keeping their employees happy. They get rid of so many people. Its all about the money coming in from the students.

Remington College is where you help students better themselves while bettering yourself.

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Instructor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Remington College as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

While educating beginner artists in the ways of graphic arts, I am compelled to keep totally abreast with the most current hard and software.

Cons

Some students still have a "me against authority" thing going as a leftover from high school.

Double up on recruiting. It's our life blood.

Run

I worked at Remington College

Pros

Learn to multitask and adapt to constant changes.

Cons

More worried about bottom line than students and employees.

No comment.

Horrible Place to work

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remington College is a great place to get lots of experience that you can transfer elsewhere. They do not require much to work for them. Being able to help the students is a great feeling and you are exposed to various situations that will benefit you in the long run.

Cons

Management is horrible. The hours are horrible and I do not think the management has integrity or even knows that being loyal is. The pay is horrible and the work load is stressful at times. Advancement opportunities are slim to none and they lie about pay raises. Remington College is a revolving door is a person last longer than 2 years its surprising.

Rebuild you company's value system. Value your employees and reevaluate the pay system and time off policy. Work on ways to reduce turn around and get rid of all of the unethical crickets you have working in management.

I have been working at Remington College

Pros

You get 2 weeks of personal time off per year. Full health, dental and vision benefits.

Cons

The hours can be long and sometimes you have to work weekends. Your personal time doesn't roll over to the next year.

Show more loyalty towards your employees.

It is what is...

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady paycheck..ok coworkers and staff..

Cons

Preys on lower income students..who aren't capable of repaying loans or finding decent jobs. Racist culture..where 98% of students are black.. but 100% of upper management are white..whats wrong with that picture?

Let your management team reflect your customers..and hire some black and brown professionals who can relate to the student body..

Worked for Remington College? Contribute to the Community!