Remington College

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe campuses are kept small & this makes for a enjoyable work place.

ConsThe poor finacial times we are in have effected the number of students that enroll.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch with your people as you have in the pasted.

No morals at this awful work place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was decent, however, not enough considering what they expected from us. That is the only "pro" I can think of.

Cons-As my title states, there are no morals to speak of at Remington. Upper management does not care about it's employees and they would rather fire someone after a few months rather than provide good training to keep them. The only thing they care about is enrolling and keeping students. They tell instructors to do this by any means necessary. If a student does poor on a test or a paper, they are to be given an A+ anyway. I have seen papers that are so poor it's scary- they use horrific spelling and grammar, they use internet lingo like "lol" in their papers and are still given a 100. One paper said, and I quote, "being a nurse is like really important cuz u help ppl and IDK I just wanna do it lol". Slapped on top was a big red "100". That is completely awful. They are sending students into the workforce with no real training. After they graduate, Career Services is to find them a job...and fast. However, what management doesn't understand is: if you do not train them correctly, they will not get jobs. Career Services makes cold calls all day asking people to hire their students and have told me on multiple occasions that employers (in greater and greater numbers as time goes on) are saying "we don't hire Remington students." What does that tell you, CEO? Admissions enrolls absolutely anyone who walks through the door to reach their numbers, then instructors pretend to teach them, and Career Services struggles to find them a job and can't and they all get fired for it. But they are being set up for failure by the same rules that help another division of the company. Remington is destined for failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is none to give. Remington is an immoral sinking ship.

Sorry

MA Instructor (Former Employee)
    Columbia, SC

ProsPay is great and the students are the only good thing about this job, they are the reason we go in every day.

ConsPeople in charge, CP, DOE, higher ups in Florida are terrible at keeping their employees happy. They get rid of so many people. Its all about the money coming in from the students.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Remington College is where you help students better themselves while bettering yourself.

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsWhile educating beginner artists in the ways of graphic arts, I am compelled to keep totally abreast with the most current hard and software.

ConsSome students still have a "me against authority" thing going as a leftover from high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble up on recruiting. It's our life blood.

Horrible Place to work

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsRemington College is a great place to get lots of experience that you can transfer elsewhere. They do not require much to work for them. Being able to help the students is a great feeling and you are exposed to various situations that will benefit you in the long run.

ConsManagement is horrible. The hours are horrible and I do not think the management has integrity or even knows that being loyal is. The pay is horrible and the work load is stressful at times. Advancement opportunities are slim to none and they lie about pay raises. Remington College is a revolving door is a person last longer than 2 years its surprising.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild you company's value system. Value your employees and reevaluate the pay system and time off policy. Work on ways to reduce turn around and get rid of all of the unethical crickets you have working in management.

Run

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearn to multitask and adapt to constant changes.

ConsMore worried about bottom line than students and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment.

Was really told by the company lawyer

Instructor (Former Employee)
    Mobile, AL

Prosthey came to speak in person ...unlike other bashings by corprate

Conshealth insurance maybe? Was told by company lawyer that" If your family wasn't so sick the health benefits would be better" could you maybe go on spouses insurance through their company?????????

Advice to Senior Managementreally?????

It has been challenging this last year because of many changes within the company. The hours can also be long.

ProsYou get 2 weeks of personal time off per year. Full health, dental and vision benefits.

ConsThe hours can be long and sometimes you have to work weekends. Your personal time doesn't roll over to the next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more loyalty towards your employees.

It is what is...

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsSteady paycheck..ok coworkers and staff..

ConsPreys on lower income students..who aren't capable of repaying loans or finding decent jobs. Racist culture..where 98% of students are black.. but 100% of upper management are white..whats wrong with that picture?

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your management team reflect your customers..and hire some black and brown professionals who can relate to the student body..

The rug has been pulled out from under us...again.

Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsI still very much enjoying teaching. Wonderful co-workers, great students. Our new campus president is making some positive changes. Atmosphere is much better.

ConsWe have now been working for more than 3 years without any raises, bonuses, hardly even thanks for all our hard work.
    We have recently been informed, that because we are getting "regional accreditation" we must all have at least an Associates degree in order to teach and keep our jobs. There has been talk for about a year about getting this accreditation. The new curriculum starts in April, and NOW they tell us we must all have an Associates degree in a health related field order to teach it. Most of us don't have a degree that will be acceptable, and we have less than a year to get one.
    Most of us are over 45 or 50+ and do not want to go into debt at this time to go back to college. Even online classes would be hard because of our demanding work schedule. And these are at least twice as expensive as opposed to attending on site classes.
    Even if we can manage to accomplish this, there's no guarantee that we would get any kind of raise for all our efforts. And our jobs would still be in constant jeopardy every month if our teacher evals from the students are unfavorable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice I could give. These are all decisions from "Corporate" in Florida, from all their "don't have a clue" lawyers.

Worked for Remington College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Remington College reviews and ratings. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Remington College employees.