Remote-Learner

Updated Oct 21, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jason Cole

Great place to work if you are sales!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Remote-Learner full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe sales team is amazing to work with.
Getting all the commission really adds to your potential income.

ConsManagement makes stupid decisions and refuses to admit it,
Management wastes money on tech staff.
They spend money on stuff that doesn't matter like server computers and support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a funnel that directy feeds the money into my house.

I've never had more opportunities to say "I told you so" than when I worked at Remote-Learner.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Remote-Learner

Pros- Laid back / social office environment.
- Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Challenging work, good environment in which to learn.
- Always work to do, definitely not boring.
- Almost everyone in the company gets a chance to help plan new projects.

Cons- Salaries are low (compared to similar jobs at other companies) and inconsistent.
- Senior management makes bad decisions and usually doesn't realize it until it's too late.
- Senior management rarely takes the suggestions of their employees (they'll usually listen, but then use their own idea).
- Communication between departments is horrible.
- There are often key people in senior management that are working towards completely different goals.
- Instead of hiring more technical staff to service their growing customer base, they seem to think it makes more sense to hire more sales people to continue growing their customer base (while not properly servicing their existing customers).
- They seem to think that hiring a larger number of employees makes up for their lack of talent.
- Almost all of the best people in the company have quit in the past year.
- The more money someone makes, the more likely that when they quit, their job will get outsourced to a country where the company doesn't have to pay decent salaries.

Advice to Senior Management- Put more effort into hiring really talented people (instead of just more people in general), pay them appropriately (look at what other companies are paying), and really listen to their ideas. It will be worth the investment.
- Providing the best products and services you can to your existing clients should be higher priority than gaining new clients.

Worked for Remote-Learner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Remote-Learner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Remote-Learner CEO Jason Cole. All reviews posted anonymously by Remote-Learner employees.