Remy

intern

Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Pendleton, IN
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Pendleton, IN

I worked at Remy

Pros

great and nice people, company operates in a certain routine to be very organized and efficient

Cons

location is not in big city because of the manufacturing plant, the whole company system is not consistent across different departments

Nothing but greed...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

I worked at Remy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A long lived company with a respected name in the automotive industry.

Cons

The employees do want the company to succeed, but upper level management and the executive staff seem to be doing everything in their power to make it fail. They (the company) go through cycles of hiring and then a couple of years later they purge because of poor financial decisions. It is a bloodbath and a lot of hard working employees loose their jobs. They give poor separation packages, no retraining assistance and just tell you to go to the unemployment office and file. I was caught up in the last cuts in 2013 and just a week later, the CEO retired and was given a 7 million dollar retirement package and a seat on the board.

Quit trying to be first to market, focus on creating a great product and sell the whole thing, not just part of it. Realize the people doing the physical work are the reason the company stays in business and not because someone sits at a desk and is the CEO. Reduce the size of upper and mid level management and the executive staff. You are top heavy.

I was a summer intern at Remy and found it be an amazing company to grow with fantastic employees and good potential.

Former Intern - Product Design Engineer in Pendleton, IN
    Former Intern - Product Design Engineer in Pendleton, IN

I worked at Remy as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I felt that communication between managers throughout all levels of the company was excellent. I was always able to walk into my boss's office for a quick word and some advice; I was even able to meet the CEO! I found that since this is a somewhat smaller company, I was able to get my hands on a lot of different projects and talk with employees in a variety of departments (all of which were friendly and willing to share their knowledge and help), so this is definitely a great place to grow.

Cons

There is a definite need for a centralized database with a uniform source of information. This was a source of huge inefficiency during my time; HOWEVER, to the company's credit, this issue was being resolved as I was leaving for the summer. Training programs were a little scarce when I was there so it was a challenge at times to find a standardized but again, they were actively addressing this issue while I was there.

Keep up the communication: it's fantastic! Try to offer a few more training opportunities and definitely develop a centralized database of information!

Typical Manufacturing Job

I have been working at Remy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. People here hardly work after 5. No overtime

Cons

Lack of opportunities and growth within the company.

High turn over rate do to poor management and business processes.

I worked at Remy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, immediate health benefits, good vacation.

Cons

No loyalty to employees. Missing documented business process and procedures including an employee handbook.

Decent place to work but lacks direction at time.

I have been working at Remy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are wonderful and they are flexible a lot of the time when it comes to family life.

Cons

This is an interesting place to work. It seems to be competitive but lacks direction at times. It seems they need to wake up

Pick a plan and stick with it. Try new things but keep the overall goal the same.

Uncertain

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Pendleton, IN
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Pendleton, IN

I worked at Remy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People and work were great
    Location was hometown

Cons

Non stop turn over
    Lack of direction

Happy Place

Current Employee - Former Employee in Pendleton, IN
    Current Employee - Former Employee in Pendleton, IN

I have been working at Remy

Pros

There are so many great people that work at. Not much micromanagement. Very easy to get to know people in the office because all departments work closely. Upper management works closely with employees, and truly cares about their opinions.

Cons

Some employees are overworked. Salary and benefits have been scaled back recently.

The Right Place to Work

Former Intern - Intern in Pendleton, IN
    Former Intern - Intern in Pendleton, IN

I worked at Remy as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great work place. I worked with engineers who really knew what they were talking about and were commited to the core values of the company. Everyday was a new experience that built my abilities both professionally and personally.

Cons

Jobs are very localized. Going to work for Remy means going to work in Pendleton, IN. A small company isn't bad, but there isn't a huge opportunity for spreading out to new places.

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is being run great.

A series of unfortunate events

Former Employee - Analyst in Pendleton, IN
    Former Employee - Analyst in Pendleton, IN

I worked at Remy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees and the directors are a great group of capable people.

Cons

The CEO is extremely greedy and self serving. The corporate culture is one that does not encourage development of people or processes. People's efforts are not celebrated and one's salary is not secure. Though the people at the bottom of the pyramid are very capable the coporate culture or the glue does not allow for resources to mesh well together and to actually accomplish goals.

Develop your people. Give people an incentive to actually want to contribute and grow with Remy. Be careful about cutting people's salaries at a time when the company is profitable. It sends the message that you are greedy. Be humble enough to tell the investors that you are not going to hit a number that you knew was unrealistic in the first place. Listen to your employess.

Remy Photos