Renaissance Hotel

Renaissance Hotel Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Well established downtown hotel, dedicated to servicing guests above and beyond their expectations.

Catering Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat training for introductory careers. A large company with lots of upward mobility. A Marriott chain hotel, so there will always be a chance for relocation if desired.

ConsI have not worked at this company long enough to identify any cons associated with this location. The starting pay is not the best but since it's my first job in this career field, I'll pay my dues

I enjoyed the coworkers, could have had a better lead mngr in my Dept.

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsI love the people, everyone knows how to have a smile on there face and be polite. The money in the banquet Department was even better.

ConsThe Hotel Manager and the banquet manager were best buds, so if you had any complaints about the Dept Mngr. Hotel Mngr threw it out the window. This caused many people to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. If more than half of the Dept has an issue with the Mngr, there is something wrong.

A convenient place to work while putting yourself through college.

Server (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prosgreat money
    relatively flexible schedule
    lots of perks such as a hotel discount, free meal, and pto.
    chance to meet lots of new people

Conssenior management lacks experience
    quite a bit of politics within the firm
    unreliable paycheck (sometimes is quite large, other times is much smaller)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people who do not know how to do their jo and up managers pay in departments as most of them are frustrated with only being paid for a 40 hour work week but working more like 50 or 60

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A new experience for me, with a lot of new things to learn.

Front Desk Trainee (Current Employee) Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

ProsThere is a huge opportunity to advance in your hospitality career, if you are interested in the industry, especially if you want to stay with the Marriott chain.

ConsOne needs to have great communication skills when working/operating in a hotel like the Renaissance. There have been times when I wished things would have been communicated in a better way.

Worked for Renaissance Hotel? Contribute to the Community!