RenewData Reviews

Innovative, cutting-edge solutions

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work opportunities, interesting teammates and

Cons

Company is growing and processes aren't smooth enoung

Stay away if you want to do something meaningful in your career

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perfect place if you need a semi-retirement lifestyle. Relaxed life and can come and go anytime. You dont have to do whole lot in your job because there is not much happening in company for few yrs now.

Cons

Company with no direction and strategy and everyone in management have their own view on what company should be doing and nothing really gets done.

Dont think management is in a position to take any advice. That hurts their ego.

Fast paced environment, where everyone is a problem solver. Very committed to duties.

I have been working at RenewData

Pros

They have a very good relationship with themselves and even a new staff. Pay is good

Cons

Work is so enormous. Too much work to do.

Keep up the good work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time...

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company hit its peak restoring data from tape.

Cons

If you're looking for a job in e-discovery, you've hit the bottom of the barrel. You may be wooed by the above average compensation package they're offering and the promise that you'll have an opportunity to make a difference - in fact, you'll be working so many hours a week that your salary will start looking more like minimum wage and that "difference" they promised you could make is all about fixing their broken tools and processes.

This company won't spend money on core functions and they won't fix their broken work order system. They favor wasting millions on a fantasy move to a new facility only to realize they screwed up estimating the cost of relocating their data center and didn't plan for continuous service by acquiring parallel systems to stand up and migrate. Or, my favorite, millions wasted on contract developers for failed tools like "Libreeze" or "Anagram".

RDC attempts to differentiate their "predictive coding" tool from the rest of the industry through marketing. It's not even "predictive coding" - the "Vestigate"/"D.A.R.T."/whatever they're calling it now technology is a simple tool that builds a Boolean out of highlighted text. The product is a mess, leaving clients and attorneys with overlapping work product they can't make any sense out of. Of course RDC offers a solution for that, you can hire their overpaid and incompetent "consultants" to sift through the "computer aided review" work product to tell you what to produce. Just don't be surprised when you find out you've produced stuff you shouldn't have and didn't produce stuff you needed to.

If you decide to work with RDC, expect a lot of frustration, rework, and long hours. Also, be sure to use your vacation time while you're employed because they definitely won't be paying that out to you when you leave.

Time to retire.

Great place to work. Strong executive team.

I worked at RenewData

Pros

Good people, good software, strong name recognition in the marketplace.

Cons

It would be better if RDC were located in a major US city.

RDC has made good changes over the past two years. Keep it up.

Don't believe the positive reviews

Former Employee - Too Many to List  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Too Many to List in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most employees here are good people. Nothing about management is positive. If you are talented at sucking up, you can go especially far here.

Cons

Upper management, especially HR, cannot be trusted. With anything. At anytime. Want to know what disease your co-worker has? Just hang out with HR a little and they will spill all. Want to know when the next round of lay-offs are coming. (Because they are coming) Just hang out with HR. Obviously, management became aware of this site May 2013, because the fake posts started about that time. This company does not care about you or your future, only about how they can squeeze the most out of you today in order to dump you tomorrow. If you inverview with them, ask how many past employees they have had in their short past. Ask why all of the founders were forced out. Ask about why the big office relocation to south Austin failed. i've never worked for a company where management has blatenetly lied, repeatedly, to the employees like this company has. Also, can't comment on new CEO, but given the company history, he won't be there long.

Quit lying. Quit gossiping. Rate people on performance, not on personality

Also, learn to lead, not just CYA.

Great Place to Work with Great Professional Development

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at RenewData for almost 2 yrs and it was one of the best job experiences I have had in my professional career. I was fortunate to work amongst highly intelligent, driven, customer oriented individuals. I've worked at Dell and Apple, and I have to say, that the CEO Jim Blayney is by far the best CEO I've worked for, and he believed that we worked With him and not for him and exhibited this every day through his leadership. The people I met at RenewData take thinking outside of the box and making things happen to a new level. They also heavily promote from within, which you don't see at most companies. They are very big on professional development, so much so, that other companies will come calling. It was very hard to leave RenewData, and if the opportunity arose for the right situation I would happily go back.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about RenewData. They provided an environment for me to excel at what I did and also learn and grow my skillset at the same time, I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to have worked with such a great team.

Seek out those employees that are not as direct and curious as I was, to come to you and discuss process changes. They have ideas too, but are not always as forth right as someone like me.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RenewData full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

RenewData has a great management team in place. All members have an open door policy and take employee suggestions seriously. The people that make up the RenewData family are amazing, the chances of finding a better group of people in any organization would be slim. Employees are extremely dedicated to achieving success and pleasing our clients.

Cons

The company is not for individuals who want a job that requires 40 hours a week. RenewData is a service provider. The industry we are in requires us to be available before and after hours as well as on weekends. However, this should not be a surprise to anyone who is interviewing or is a current employee. The RenewData team is very open and honest about the industry expectations.

Continue letting your employees know that they are valued and appreciated.
    Keep evolving the "fun" culture that we currently have.
    Continue promoting career growth within the organization.

Interesting company with unique start-up challenges

I have been working at RenewData full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The coolest thing about RenewData is that it's still a pretty new company in a very new industry, so we're helping to drive the way the industry will grow. It's an opportunity to work with big data in a small company. We recently released a new service line that will potentially change the industry. They try to hire people from within when possible, so there are advancement opportunities for someone moving up in their career. The benefits are very good compared to other companies in the area, and pay seems to be in line with or better than other companies. There is good leadership from the senior level staff to help steer the growth of the organization.

Cons

It's a lot of work. Don't come in thinking any job is brain-free, 9-5 work. This isn't really a "con" unless you're looking for that kind of job where you're not noticed and you just clock in to collect a paycheck. Also, the work systems and processes aren't strealined or documented well, so it's a lot of learning as you go and helping to make processes better. For a 12 year old company, it's still very much a start up environment.

Be sure to make your employees feel valued knowing that you're asking a lot of them.

Descent place to work in Austin

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management team is motivated to grow the company
    - It would be a challenge to find a better group of people to work with
    - Everyone is incredibly dedicated to getting the job done
    - Great place to gain experience around data and information management
    - There are double digit numbers of team members that have been around over 5 years

Cons

- There has been some management changeover, but that typically happens when a company is growing and the required skills in each of those positions change.
    - The legal services industry comes with a great deal of pressure that is evident in any company in this space.

Continue to look out for the team and make sure everyone has career growth objectives that are being met. Austin is becoming an affordable hub for companies to do business in,make sure you are taking care of your team both financially, emotionally and with perks along the way and you will have a solid team for years to come!

Worked for RenewData? Contribute to the Community!