RenewData Reviews

1. Innovative, cutting-edge solutions

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging work opportunities, interesting teammates and

Cons

Company is growing and processes aren't smooth enoung

2. My review.

I have been working at RenewData

Pros

Tenured and professional co-workers. Enjoy working with a majority of my coworkers.

Cons

Too process oriented, almost to a fault. The steps can slow down the response to a clients need.

3. Good company, great people, competitive pay, too profit driven and low job security.

Former Employee - Operations Technician in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are great. There are many opportunities for advancing your career, taking on new challenges, and expanding your knowledge and skills.

Cons

The main problem with company is that it is very profit driven. Each quarter has a major review of the financial position of the company and short term goals can often overshadow long term growth. Job security is a concern here.

Advice to Management

Consider a more long term approach to the employee base and work structure if you plan on continuing to grow and have exceptional and technically superb staff.

Inexperienced and Incapable Leadership

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

very relaxed work culture and no pressure to get the things done.

Cons

Things are not going good for the company for sometime now. Company lost many talented resources in last couple of years. Company has a history of bad investments and most likely history is going to repeat because of inexperienced and incapable management. Execs and board are totally misguided by inexperienced leaders.

Advice to Management

Its about time upper management realizes how screwed up things have been in technology for more than a year and get a better understanding of the reality rather than believing in some false statements from lower leadership.

Stay away if you want to do something meaningful in your career

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Perfect place if you need a semi-retirement lifestyle. Relaxed life and can come and go anytime. You dont have to do whole lot in your job because there is not much happening in company for few yrs now.

Cons

Company with no direction and strategy and everyone in management have their own view on what company should be doing and nothing really gets done.

Advice to Management

Dont think management is in a position to take any advice. That hurts their ego.

7. Fast paced environment, where everyone is a problem solver. Very committed to duties.

I have been working at RenewData

Pros

They have a very good relationship with themselves and even a new staff. Pay is good

Cons

Work is so enormous. Too much work to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Don't waste your time...

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company hit its peak restoring data from tape.

Cons

If you're looking for a job in e-discovery, you've hit the bottom of the barrel. You may be wooed by the above average compensation package they're offering and the promise that you'll have an opportunity to make a difference - in fact, you'll be working so many hours a week that your salary will start looking more like minimum wage and that "difference" they promised you could make is all about fixing their broken tools and processes.

This company won't spend money on core functions and they won't fix their broken work order system. They favor wasting millions on a fantasy move to a new facility only to realize they screwed up estimating the cost of relocating their data center and didn't plan for continuous service by acquiring parallel systems to stand up and migrate. Or, my favorite, millions wasted on contract developers for failed tools like "Libreeze" or "Anagram".

RDC attempts to differentiate their "predictive coding" tool from the rest of the industry through marketing. It's not even "predictive coding" - the "Vestigate"/"D.A.R.T."/whatever they're calling it now technology is a simple tool that builds a Boolean out of highlighted text. The product is a mess, leaving clients and attorneys with overlapping work product they can't make any sense out of. Of course RDC offers a solution for that, you can hire their overpaid and incompetent "consultants" to sift through the "computer aided review" work product to tell you what to produce. Just don't be surprised when you find out you've produced stuff you shouldn't have and didn't produce stuff you needed to.

If you decide to work with RDC, expect a lot of frustration, rework, and long hours. Also, be sure to use your vacation time while you're employed because they definitely won't be paying that out to you when you leave.

Advice to Management

Time to retire.

9. Great place to work. Strong executive team.

I worked at RenewData

Pros

Good people, good software, strong name recognition in the marketplace.

Cons

It would be better if RDC were located in a major US city.

Advice to Management

RDC has made good changes over the past two years. Keep it up.

Don't believe the positive reviews

Former Employee - Too Many to List in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Too Many to List in Austin, TX

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees here are good people. Nothing about management is positive. If you are talented at sucking up, you can go especially far here.

Cons

Upper management, especially HR, cannot be trusted. With anything. At anytime. Want to know what disease your co-worker has? Just hang out with HR a little and they will spill all. Want to know when the next round of lay-offs are coming. (Because they are coming) Just hang out with HR. Obviously, management became aware of this site May 2013, because the fake posts started about that time. This company does not care about you or your future, only about how they can squeeze the most out of you today in order to dump you tomorrow. If you inverview with them, ask how many past employees they have had in their short past. Ask why all of the founders were forced out. Ask about why the big office relocation to south Austin failed. i've never worked for a company where management has blatenetly lied, repeatedly, to the employees like this company has. Also, can't comment on new CEO, but given the company history, he won't be there long.

Advice to Management

Quit lying. Quit gossiping. Rate people on performance, not on personality

Also, learn to lead, not just CYA.

11. Great Place to Work with Great Professional Development

I worked at RenewData full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked at RenewData for almost 2 yrs and it was one of the best job experiences I have had in my professional career. I was fortunate to work amongst highly intelligent, driven, customer oriented individuals. I've worked at Dell and Apple, and I have to say, that the CEO Jim Blayney is by far the best CEO I've worked for, and he believed that we worked With him and not for him and exhibited this every day through his leadership. The people I met at RenewData take thinking outside of the box and making things happen to a new level. They also heavily promote from within, which you don't see at most companies. They are very big on professional development, so much so, that other companies will come calling. It was very hard to leave RenewData, and if the opportunity arose for the right situation I would happily go back.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about RenewData. They provided an environment for me to excel at what I did and also learn and grow my skillset at the same time, I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to have worked with such a great team.

Advice to Management

Seek out those employees that are not as direct and curious as I was, to come to you and discuss process changes. They have ideas too, but are not always as forth right as someone like me.