Renewal By Andersen

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.6

Paul Delahunt

A worthwhile place to have a career if you are willing to work hard and put customers first.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Renewal By Andersen full-time for more than a year

Pros

The chance to advance your career is good if you have a strong work ethic.

Cons

This is not for someone who is looking for a typical eight to five mundane career.

Let the people who run the departments make the decisions without so much micromanagement from above.

Unpaid, overstressed

I worked at Renewal By Andersen

Pros

None. This place made me feel like scum and never even paid me.

Cons

On top of the idolization of the movie Glengarry Glen Ross, the management refused to answer calls about my paycheck and, as of this review, had yet to pay me for training.

Pay your employees and stop treating customers like cattle.

Appreciates employees, great pay, caring managers

Current Employee - Marketing and Events Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Events Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation plan that allows employees to determine how much they want to make depending on how much time they can spend. We get base pay plus two types of commission, including a fraction of the final selling price of windows. They even help with driving time and gas, which makes a big difference. Employers that are willing to appropriately compensate their employees have hardworking, happy employees that are really able to focus on their job while keeping a positive attitude. Managers are available, considerate and willing to hear what you have to say.

My position keeps things fresh by only being in the office part of the time and getting to travel around the area and work at home shows and events the other part of the time. It's a good balance of being inside/outside and at a desk/working directly with people.

Cons

Job is part time and summers are very busy and winters are slower, so that can be hard if you're not careful with managing your time and money. However, you make enough commission in the summer to last or find something extra in the winter time.

Good job being involved in day-to-day workings of the company and being able to make more informed decisions. Company is opening new offices around the NW and obviously growing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small office politics

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Renewal By Andersen part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay. Lots of customers that are happy with the products.

Cons

Zero appreciation. Small office, too much gossip.

If you want people to follow rules, make sure the rules are laid out for everyone. Not just for whoever isnt on your buddy list.

Canvassing Catastrophe

Former Employee - Canvasser  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Norcross, GA

I worked at Renewal By Andersen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good, great earning potential, lots of room for advancement excellent training staff great coworkers

Cons

Work environment, you work in 90+ degree temps. you work in cold conditions and they also make you go door to door in the rain marathon walking distance everyday Location was a bad thing for me its kind of way out in the boonies but if you live close by it would be a great part time job. ALSO YOU WORK 6 DAYS A WEEK!!!!

Pay your canvassers better because initially they are the ones that put their blood sweat and tears into making the sale for this company once the salesmen get in its smooth sailing from there because the canvass team already discussed what was needed for the consumer set the appointment and did all the real sales pitching and dealt with all the rejection instead of 25$ per sale why not 25% of the commission from the initial sale lead by the canvasser.

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Portland, OR

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people, comfortable environment, interesting work, small company so it's easy to get to know everyone. The company is also known for providing good service to the public and does give back to the community.

Cons

Benefits are expensive but that's everywhere and it's a small company so maybe doesn't pay as much as some of the larger companies but there is for the most part better job security. Certainly it's a more relaxed and down to earth environment.

Management does a pretty good job so not much to say here.

Best entry job- canvasser

Current Employee - Canvasser  in  Northborough, MA
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was recruited at my college, and this job completely changed my interests in careers. You can make $1000 in a week, and a fair base pay when you have a tough week.

The system uses psychology that completely changes someone's mentality about door to door soliciting. Its amazing to see how quickly you can turn a rude homeowner into a customer.

Cons

Anything door to door is hard, but if you take it serious then you will overcome these challenges.

Sometimes you end up not having a lot of time to knock doors if you're on a big team.

Corporate makes us (Boston office) use the call center in Minnesota. A lot of them ruin your leads, so they should let us use the Boston call center instead.

Horrible company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cranford, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cranford, NJ

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possibly can make a lot of $$

Cons

Hours! They want you to work 27 days a month! Yes Mon-Sat and 1 Sunday a month. Also, every Mon-Fri night. How does one maintain a relationship with your family or friends?
    Driving! They don't care where you live. You could live in Southern NJ, I could live in Orange county NY and they will send you on opposite appointments so when you leave your appointment you have an hour/hour and half drive home at midnight!!
    Sales Call! Its long, boring and did I say long. In a customers home for 3 - 7 hours! YES that long!!
    Management in Cranford NJ! Rude, pompous, self absorbed, heartless!
    Training! The worst corporate training I have ever had in my life. Unorganized, unprofessional and dragged out for 3 weeks for no reason! If a real trainer actually worked with you for a week thats all you would need!
    Compensation! NO computer, phone allowance, compensation for mileage. Nothing!

Get a corporate sales trainer. Try to send reps on appts near ther hometown if possible. Actually try. Have a heart and actually care about others feelings. All you care about are #'s!

Great company

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen

Pros

The management is top notch they actually care about your success. THe trainign is great and they give you base pay plus commission

Cons

IT tough working outside day in and day out. Mon- wed and sat and sunday. you only get half of your weekends

Everything is great

Top dollar for top performance! Austin, Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Atlanta Markets

Current Employee - Canvass Team Leader  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Canvass Team Leader in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Renewal By Andersen full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company pays the most for my position in this industry and rewards top performers with excellent bonuses.

Great benefits, clear communication line up the chain of command, family atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes in my position I have to work 60-70hrs a week to meet or exceed all expectations, but the compensation makes up for the time spent.

Keep up the good work.

Worked for Renewal By Andersen? Contribute to the Community!