Renown Health

Updated May 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Miller

Great people who provide the best patient care

Clinical Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsCompetitive salaries, benefits and room for professional growth

ConsThe bad publicity that Renown sometimes recieves

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved working closely with my Management team

Great place to work for.

Applications Specialist III (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsGood Money and Benifets. Great people to work with.

ConsNone that I can think Of

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain good people and keep up what you are doing

Good people, doing good work

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

Proshospital, medical environment, growth environment, encourages people to grow and learn

Consthe 401k benefit is not competitive, also you have to wait 90 days for benefits to kick in, which is hard on employees or people changing jobs

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Progressive organization with strong senior leadership and an exceptional ambulatory strategy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture solidly permeated throughout the orgnaization. Strong employee recognition programs. Very focused on patient satisfaction and employee engagement.

ConsPrior expansion has resulted in financial challenges in a very high unemployment market (big increase in self pay).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make the tough decisions necessary to survive the current economic environment.

Great company foundation, but management issues

Human Resources-Benefits (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsTransitioning to transformational health care philosophy; pay, benefits and employee rewards system are excellent; large enough for growth opportunities

ConsJob description did not reflect actual duties; manager wasn't truly managing and staff was taking advantage of that; excessive meetings. Management is changing so hopefully some of the cultural issues will as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe present in your department and have an open door policy. Do not assign someone to train a new employee that wants the job being trained (i.e. someone with less pay, position and more tenure) or maybe consider within first. Know if the job description actually fits the duties that are being performed and have a training plan that meets the needs of what you want in that position and by when.

Awful place to work

Administration (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsYou get your pay check

ConsVery dishonest company claims to be about the community but is about making bonus. Nurses are understaffed under supplied and patients lives are at risk due to this. They staff critical care units with graduate nurses with zero experience to save money so managers can make bonus, once again putting patients lives at risk

Advice to Senior ManagementQuite worrying about your bonus and worry about your patients. Renown quit lying to the community that you are here for us and be honest that you are there to make money.

Renown needs to realize that their largest asset is their employees.

Accounting Department (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsGood for recent grads to get a year or two of work experience on their resumes.
    Good work/life balance. As one of the largest employers in Reno, there is opportunity for upward mobility within the organization.

ConsExtremely high turnover, especially in the Accounting department. No focus on employee well-being or development. The organization's espoused values are inconsistent with the actual culture.

Dissapointing

ProsIt is better than collecting unemployment

ConsVery poor pay, arrogant upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better pay to good people. Fire entire IT department and pay a good wage to get qualified people who understand customer service.

Worked for Renown Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Renown Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Renown Health CEO Jim Miller. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Renown Health employees.