Renown Regional Medical Center

Renown Regional Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loved the organization... Discouraged by the pay

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsI was really impressed with the new employee on boarding process. They are very welcoming and have well executed employee training process. My co-workers were fantastic to work with.

ConsThe pay was not commensurate with the patient load. The excessive patient load did not allow me to provide the level of care I would have preferred to.

Not a great experience

Staff RN (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsOkay work experience for a new grad.

ConsNo support from management or most coworkers.
    Management has no regard/ appreciation for its employees.
    The atmosphere is tense and negative

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and get new, caring, positive people working there

Nursing Supervisor

Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsThe nursing staff was truly a pleasure to work with.

ConsManagement is absolutely abysmal. 27 year old as Nurse managers and a 30 year old as a director. They regularly go over the patient to staff matrix and communication is non-existent

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need a complete reboot, the Supervisors and Managers don't even know there own policies and procedures.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Company

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits and a fair wage

ConsHorrible corporate culture. Terrible upper management who care nothing for patients and only for money.

So glad I left...

Analyst (Current Employee) Reno, NV

Prosdecent pay and good benefits

ConsLeadership could care less about the employees or patients. They are completely oblivious to the collapse of the hospital. Employees are expected to be nothing more than drones and not allowed to have opinions that might actually lead to imporvement. I was told "You are just staff, you do as you're told". They will fire or force out anyone who has an opinion or any good employee who outshines leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to fire everyone in a senior leadership role and start over. Learn to appreciate your staff and start listening to them. There is a reason only the bad employees last long term.

Could be Better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsCo-workers were great people, liked my supervisor, and decent benefits.

ConsLong hours, understaffed, lunch and breaks under emphasized and sometimes non existent, micromanaging senior leader and poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide adequate staffing for patient flow, praise your employees and reward them, realize we do have lives outside of our position.

Renown truly is a place for great people to do great work

Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsAmazing department management who truly care about your success and really listen to you.

Write your own schedule (for the most part)

Exceptional coworkers who are always willing and able to help each other out

Protocols based on Best Practices provide a high level of professional autonomy

Willing to hire new grads and invest heavily in your professional development and skills

Very responsive and proactive HR staff

ConsOften short staffed

Employees must pay for parking passes

Huge campus, with workloads that are often spread out over very large distances

Company won't cover your certifications/credentials if they are expired

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at employee's mistakes as opportunities to teach without utilizing formal write ups. Save those for those instances where misconduct is willful.

Hire more people!

Very goal orientated, medium sized hospital, friendly staff

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsStaff is very friendly (other than supervisors). Flexible work hours and good benefits. Benefits start after 90 days. ER is small and easy to navigate through.

ConsER is too small for this size of a city. Communication and planning between floors/towers can sometimes not suffice.

Could be better.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsRenown offers flexible schedules and is in an amazing location for the outdoor enthusiast. I have had great co-workers in all the areas I have worked. Reno is an interesting place and you'll therefore have interesting clients. The pace is varied and depends on the time of year. Though there are some repetitive aspects to the work it is generally fresh and there's always something new to learn.

ConsManagement can be less than supportive in many instances and grievances can be touchy to file as one might be accused of lying. We definitely don't have the supplies we need at our fingertips sometimes and other departments are generally as short-staffed as you are thus creating a lot of waiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think people need to stop saying, "If you don't like it LEAVE." People should be encouraged to voice their dissatisfaction with their job and should be given encouragement to be involved in making changes.

Deal breakers

HIM (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsMy co-workers were a lot of fun

ConsLousy pay, no merit raises, incentives or room for advancement. Outdated poorly working office equipment. For a hospital it was pretty dirty like violating health code dirty

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to your staff, appreciate them or they won't stick around. When important goals are set and met, reward them. Even a pat on the back with "good job" is sometimes enough.

Worked for Renown Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!