Renown Regional Medical Center Reviews

2.1
CEO

1. Great place to work

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with great people.

Cons

Need to pay better. At least the going local rate.

Advice to Management

Fight for better pay for your employees

2. RN

I worked at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Awesome co-workers. New grad friendly. Great place to learn.

Cons

Less pay than the "competition" in town. Upper management has an "our way or the highway" attitude. High turnover rate.

3. It's ok ...

Current Employee - CNA in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - CNA in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

This was the first job I had as a CNA - So far, it's a pretty good place to work, though you really do have to drink the Renown Kool-Aid to truly be successful here. Love my coworkers

Cons

Difficult schedules, leadership can be a challenge to work for.

5. lpn

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Sparks, NV

I worked at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Great benefits good people multiple job opportunities hospice ltc hospital home health

Cons

Large company. Skilled nursing almost its own entity because it is in a different part of town and not close to any other facilities

6. The most caustic abusive place to work . unproffesionalism. Offensive. Inmates run the place..management a joke

Current Employee - Registered Nurse II in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse II in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center

Pros

Absolutely zero.Do not ever accept employment especially the surgery...

Cons

Trying to work with the disgusting pigs who work there..

Advice to Management

Enema..exorcism..

Caveat Prospiciens Ministre! - "Prospective Employee, Beware!"

Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner I in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Respiratory Care Practitioner I in Reno, NV

I worked at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Lots of yummy purple Kool-Aid 2. Badge Pay 3. Employment there is comparable to being plunged into a fiery furnace...if you escape, you know without a shadow of a doubt that you are made like unto the most durable of metals; your edge will have been molded to be all the more keener, having survived it's wrath.

Cons

Do not imbibe the seductive purple kool aid, lest ye surely perish. Hearken to the voices which precede ye, oh weary job seeker! Lose not your soul to this abominable harlot, nor partake of her cup of wrath. For therein lies damnation, with weeping and gnashing of teeth. All the hosts of Hades surround+ trembling in awe at the brazeness of this beast, as they cry out that corruption is the business of this place.

Advice to Management

You have been weighed, and measured, and have been found wanting. Repent your evil ways...come out of her...or you shall surely perish...

Ugh.

Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some of the people, I enjoy this hospital as a patient.

Cons

management sucks and refuses to work with you, no set schedules or flexibility for school (so have fun if you're trying to better yourself!)

Advice to Management

Value your employees, don't ignore their phone calls! If an employee calls you, they expect a call back.

The worst place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really great people work here Centrally located in Reno, NV

Cons

Management governs by intimidation and fear; Employees are not respected or treated well. There is a culture of bullying and intimidation within this organization and is encouraged by upper management.

Advice to Management

Be nice and listen to your staff, support and respect your staff, stop the favortism, help the staff when they come to you with a department issue rather than ignoring or intimidating them; follow through when you have told staff you will and do so in a timely manner (not 6-8 weeks later); be accountable and have integrity in your dealings with staff

CCT

I have been working at Renown Regional Medical Center

Pros

Self scheduling, only work 3 days a week

Cons

Demanding job, high stress too.

No amount of money will ever bring me back to working at this hospital.

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative II, Financial Counselor in Reno, NV

I worked at Renown Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice facility with great services

Cons

Bullying and corruptness within management, senior leadership, HR. Money is the root of all evil and it consumes this hospital.

Advice to Management

Management and senior leadership. I worked at Renown prior to the name change and during the entire transition from Washoe to Renown, up until 2012. In my role as patient access/financial counseling, my job was to assist those patients who had difficulty paying their bills and helping them find assistance in alleviating that stress. However, after the name change that quickly changed and money became more of a focus. They encouraged us to share our opinions on what could help us as a department to meet our "monthly goal" in collections. Myself as well as a few other employees (who were also long time employees before new management came in) stated that there were situations that weren't exactly compassionate when entering a patients room to collect money for their stay, especially in ICU and areas that patients were on comfort care, etc. Because these managers didn't like those opinions, we were transferred out of a department and a position we had been in for years. For someone like me who once loved her job and looked forward to going to work, the bullying and harassment from asinine racial allegations (of which I'm married to that race I was accused of ) from a disgruntled former coworker, to the eminent bulls eye I placed on my back the moment I stated that it wasn't right for me to go into a room of someone who is dying to get their copay. You should consider what your pee-ones have to say, they are the backbone of the company and anytime a former employee claims bullying, you should look into it a bit deeper rather than siding with HR and lower management (the ones who are the problem). You'd realize you lost some great, loyal employees who loved their jobs and wanted to make it better.

RSS Feed </> Embed