Renren

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Chen

Decent company to work with

Senior Java Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsOffice atmosphere is great with lots of facilities provided. Canteen services are provided for the employees.

ConsOnly full timers enjoy the benefits of belonging and contract work experience is not good enough always.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all as equals

It was ok

Marketing (Current Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsPeople are nice and the benefit was fair. A lot of opportunity to grow in career in the US office, not sure about Beijing.

ConsManagement lacks long term vision and steadfast support, quarterly KPIs are often changed several times during the quarter and communication with HQ in Beijing was difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementThink BIG and take more risk. Your stock price is already dirt low, time to disrupt the market by investing on talent and product with bold acquisition and innovation.

Adminstration Director

Administration Director (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsCustomer Service, Strategy Implementation, Real Estate Allocation, Transaction, Transition, Team management.

ConsHuge culture gap, value, mamagement team by compare with mature company. still growth. but seems this comapny is going down now.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to think about how to retain the valualbe talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK

Prosthere are Many youthful things.

Conssome kind of Not flexible work environment

Chinese fast-developing social network, innovative Chinese version facebook

Marketing Communication Manager (Former Employee) Zhuhai, Guangdong (China)

Prosinnovative, targets youth audience, popular among college students

Consit is only limited to China

Advice to Senior Managementexpand the overseas market

Tough job, high pressure

Senior Java Engineer (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsEmployee who works really hard can get promotion easily.

ConsOT every day. No human care. Profit first.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are manage people, not money.

it's ok however I the job is not as interesting as I hope

Front-End Engineer (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsIt's the largest SNS website in China,it provides internet serivce for millons of customers everyday, we face problem and challenging every minutes.

Consnot good enough when we talk about staff training. As a internet technology company, it lacks innvoation ,creative, and it's product desgin is poor

Advice to Senior Managementdo one thing best is more important than do every thing seems good.

It's exciting to work at Renren, which is a place full of passion, wisdom, and dreams.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsRenren.com is the leading Social Network Service in China, also a huge and accurate media to advertise your products and the best place to share with friends your joy and experience.

Consa little bit yellow in culture, long in hours, high in perspective, and big in bucks.

Short on training and guidance, but full of opportunities if you can ride out the hurly burly.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsIf you're smart and competent, you will be rapidly rewarded with new responsibilities, and advancement.

It's one of the few Chinese tech companies you can work for that will get name recognition outside of China.

It's easy to move between jobs/departments in-house. You'll have pretty good opportunities to pursue what you want.

You will get a lot of pressure, but their is a lot of room to push back and manage expectations. With persistence, you can work a pretty reasonable schedule considering this is a tech company.

ConsVery little training.

Lots of territorial thinking, and push and pull between departments.

Almost no long-term strategic thinking. The company is dominated by a "quick cash" mentality.

No investment in tools and technology. You'll have to make do with band-aids, chewing gum and super glue.

Renren tries hard to be an open, creative work environment, but in many areas, it slides back into a very authoritarian management model. It's not a bad employer as Chinese companies go, but far less flexible than a well-managed western company.

Advice to Senior Management1. To go global, adopt global standards. 2. The 80/20 rule can be applied to many things, but not to product quality. Instead, go for 100% quality on the 80% of features that customers really want.

It's ok

Soft Engineer (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsThere is a lot of creative , passionate people

ConsThere should be more genius

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something real

Worked for Renren? Contribute to the Community!