Rent-A-Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis

Robert D. Davis

Pros
  • stable company good pay don't enjoy to go to work but i like my job(in 40 reviews)

• Pretty decent pay considering you need no experience(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance due to the 50 hour work week schedule(in 34 reviews)

• Long hours, the whole concept scams low income people andshould be illegal(in 80 reviews)

Opportunity to Advance To A Point

IT Mid Level (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsOpportunity to advance but only to a point if you are a woman. It's easy to shine in this environment if you are self-motivated and experienced.

ConsSr director and above are 95% male. Advancement is offered for those who come up with new ideas regardless of whether or not they bring the promised ROI. No advancement for those that make the ideas come to life. Organization capability is very weak in multiple areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable for delivering on what they have promised. Reward those who bring actual value to the company not those that promise it and fall short. Reduce the number of projects that are approved in order to improve organizational effectiveness. Don't create promising company values that you wholeheartedly abandon in difficult cycles.

differnce look at live

Sale Manager/Store/Lead (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

Prospay was very good bonus

Constake money from people that did nt have it

Advice to Senior Managementlook for a better job

Great company to work for... if you don't have much of a life outside of work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI will say this - its a great place to work with tons of opportunities for advancement if you're committed to advancing. There are some great people working with this company. The pay, I'd say, is above average considering you don't need any experience at all.

ConsVery long hours(10-12 a day) - and it only gets worse as you move up the ladder.
    Only one day off at a time - These two were the kicker for me. I enjoy getting outdoors as much as possible(backpacking, fishing, hiking etc) and working at Rent-a-Center made this almost impossible for me. When you're working 10-12 hours a day you will get almost nothing done at home, it all piles up, then on your day off you spend most of it taking care of things that needed to get done, rinse and repeat. I'm single with no kids - I couldn't imagine how miserable I would've been otherwise! I would go as far as to say you can't really live a 'healthy' lifestyle(or much of a life at all) while working for Rent-a-Center.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor one, cut the hours. No one wants to work 50+ hours a week no matter how much we do it week in week out. It would make for a much happier employee and a much healthier work environment. Also, maybe consider giving employees rotating weekends off, maybe one a month. Yet again, would help with the work/life balance. Other than that, all good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very stressful job

Prosbenefits are great pay is great for managers and advancement opportunity is unlimited

Consstress and the lack of support needed to sub stain the vigorous challenge of daily task. Not enough quality of life opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementtraining and more training. allow for more time off for management during the week or give every other Saturday off to accomplish a two day off work week.

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManager and Automation Architect are very motivating

ConsCompany goal is unclear or not communicated appropriately

Advice to Senior ManagementGoals for company IT should be made more substantial

No work/life balance

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsEasy to move up into management. You get paid weekly and there is a good employee purchase program

ConsThere is no work/life balance they expect you to work 50 hours week 9-8 and have to work every saturday. You have to work over time to get a decent check and the managers rarely care about your personal life and only care about hitting company standards but they will not help achieve those goals.

Good job but hard work

I/O Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsPay & chance for promotion for those who are willing to hustle.

ConsWorking conditions are sometimes unsafe when you are at someone's home. Also the hours can be tough, especially for a family man.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work/life balance

All work, if the market is short handed you will work open to close everyday

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIf you don't have a family nice check. This company is for people with no life. They pay by the hour and overtime is a must.

ConsNothing is done SOP. Turn over is high. You will work alone all the time open to close. Coworkers at other store who you try to get help from are just as new as you and don't know anything and the DM doesn't know how to take a payment. Training is joke you know nothing after being trained by someone who's only been there a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcceptance Now hires upper management from outside and they know nothing about how to run a store. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

Worst company ever

Store Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCould buy depriciated merchandise pretty cheap.

ConsLong hours, the whole concept scams low income people andshould be illegal. Unrealitic expectations. You have to have no heart and../ ormorales to work there. Upper management has old time Texas attitude toward it's employees. No respect at all. Many hours, 6 day work weeks. Chasing shady people in projects out of their money or taking their stuff back.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a wonder you can all sleep at night.

The absolute worst company that I have ever worked for.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere were no pros during my employment with this Company.

ConsFirst off, I was hired as an Assistant Manager, but every day I was made to make furniture and appliance deliveries to second, third, and fourth floor apartments all day every day. The store Manager was horrible to all the associates. She always played mind games and made everyone feel like losers. And I once delivered a couple pieces of furniture to another store. When I got back to my store I was told that I had to go back and pick it up and bring it back. I was treated so very poorly. I was also told by management to do stuff that was completely against company policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!