Rent-A-Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis

Robert D. Davis

Pros:
  • "working with people fast paced environment good pay"
    in 39 reviews
  • "Pretty decent pay considering you need no experience"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance due to the 50 hour work week schedule"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Long hours, the whole concept scams low income people andshould be illegal"
    in 77 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

No family time.

Credit Manager (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsYou have the ability to move up quickly. You also get paid weekly, which is almost unheard of now.

Consfast advancement happens because no one sticks around. Expensive benefits, no work life balance, high risk business so constant changes on store managers and employees alike.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people doing the work know the most about it.

very stressful job

Prosbenefits are great pay is great for managers and advancement opportunity is unlimited

Consstress and the lack of support needed to sub stain the vigorous challenge of daily task. Not enough quality of life opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementtraining and more training. allow for more time off for management during the week or give every other Saturday off to accomplish a two day off work week.

Great company to work for... if you don't have much of a life outside of work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI will say this - its a great place to work with tons of opportunities for advancement if you're committed to advancing. There are some great people working with this company. The pay, I'd say, is above average considering you don't need any experience at all.

ConsVery long hours(10-12 a day) - and it only gets worse as you move up the ladder.
    Only one day off at a time - These two were the kicker for me. I enjoy getting outdoors as much as possible(backpacking, fishing, hiking etc) and working at Rent-a-Center made this almost impossible for me. When you're working 10-12 hours a day you will get almost nothing done at home, it all piles up, then on your day off you spend most of it taking care of things that needed to get done, rinse and repeat. I'm single with no kids - I couldn't imagine how miserable I would've been otherwise! I would go as far as to say you can't really live a 'healthy' lifestyle(or much of a life at all) while working for Rent-a-Center.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor one, cut the hours. No one wants to work 50+ hours a week no matter how much we do it week in week out. It would make for a much happier employee and a much healthier work environment. Also, maybe consider giving employees rotating weekends off, maybe one a month. Yet again, would help with the work/life balance. Other than that, all good.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManager and Automation Architect are very motivating

ConsCompany goal is unclear or not communicated appropriately

Advice to Senior ManagementGoals for company IT should be made more substantial

This place is in turmoil after CEO change.

Regional Construction Manager (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGood people doing the work.

ConsCompany is digressing due to poor upper Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified people in management roles.

No work/life balance

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsEasy to move up into management. You get paid weekly and there is a good employee purchase program

ConsThere is no work/life balance they expect you to work 50 hours week 9-8 and have to work every saturday. You have to work over time to get a decent check and the managers rarely care about your personal life and only care about hitting company standards but they will not help achieve those goals.

Good job but hard work

I/O Manager (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsPay & chance for promotion for those who are willing to hustle.

ConsWorking conditions are sometimes unsafe when you are at someone's home. Also the hours can be tough, especially for a family man.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work/life balance

All work, if the market is short handed you will work open to close everyday

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsIf you don't have a family nice check. This company is for people with no life. They pay by the hour and overtime is a must.

ConsNothing is done SOP. Turn over is high. You will work alone all the time open to close. Coworkers at other store who you try to get help from are just as new as you and don't know anything and the DM doesn't know how to take a payment. Training is joke you know nothing after being trained by someone who's only been there a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcceptance Now hires upper management from outside and they know nothing about how to run a store. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

challenging and rewarding

District Manager (Former Employee)
    Wilson, NC

ProsGreat pay, fast paced, fun, challenging and not boring at all....

Conslong hours, office politics, collections get high and you are on the chopping block if you don't dot your I's and cross your T's, too many things to keep up with. You have to just pick 5 things to be great at and the rest has to go under good and acceptable. This job has a habit of making you look like a monkey all the time if you don't hammer down on your people and they do like that at RAC.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline job descriptions... try to loosen up and listen to your leaders i.e. store managers and District managers. Do not expect everyone to do everything because it's impossible for the human being to do it all. I did 90% of what I had to and the average DM only did 60%. My stuff was rockin but I had no life. The store managers are in the same boat. They are overworked and grossly underpaid for all their grief.

The work is hard for ok pay.

ProsThere is guaranteed overtime plus benefits. There is a variety of customers and keeps the job exciting. What you learn here will create an experience and a type of responsibility that is unique.

ConsSome accounts and customers are hard to deal with. The amount of stress on the job is moderate as you are rushed, some customers are highly vulgar and rude or even straight out disrespectful and you are to expected to allow them to speak to you in such a manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale is low as to customer service is more important than how the worker is treated. I have received threats, verbally abused on occasion, and pressured to do things I am not comfortable with.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rent-A-Center CEO Robert D. Davis. All 428 reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees.