RentPath

www.rentpath.com

RentPath Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 23, 2014
RentPath – Norcross – “Headquarters”

RentPath President & CEO Charles Stubbs

Charles Stubbs

Pros
  • Good pairing work environment if you do not like getting instructions or training(in 8 reviews)

• There are some really great people there and as they leave they can help you find other opportunities(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room for advancement(in 5 reviews)

• Sales people are let go after missing targets for 2 quarters(in 6 reviews)

44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

changing for the worst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

Prosthe only pro was free lunch, but thats been taken away

Consrentpath is relocating - buckhead most likely. and their looking to buy a smaller space than whats in norcross. some dept has experienced layoffs over the last month and more are coming. they acquired live lovely a few months ago now the company is moving some parts of the cmpany to the west coast. its a good company but going through some transition right now that isnt good for some employees

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with employees about why these major and unfortunate changes are taking place

Company that has a bright future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsThe company is the leader in the industry and is owned by an investment group that shows interest in growth.

ConsSalary is a bit under industry standard. Departments work in silos which can make it difficult to work on larger projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries need to be researched to ensure they are up with industry standards.

Company has potential, but lets it drift away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsI worked with some passionate, amazing people. I was given ample opportunity to take on challenges and was in charge of my career path.

ConsThe company lacks vision and leadership. The CEO consistently looks for "good", not "great". They don't walk their talk about products, employees - anything! One upper manager in the technology dept is a megalomaniac and essentially runs the company. Company holds on to bad employees too long and lets the good ones go.

Advice to Senior ManagementDominating the space through acquisition may be helpful in the short term. But seriously - focus on quality and "great" - that is how you will make your legacy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Met some amazing people while working there, but management.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsFantastic, friendly and talented people work there. The sometimes lunches were a nice perk but not enough to outweigh some of the problems

ConsThere is a rot under the surface of the company that isn't readily apparent when you first get there but after about 3-6 months, you'll want to run. Management is embarrassingly out of touch not only with the products we create, but the processes by which they create them and no amount of offering to show them seems to make a difference. Managers tend to be friends who take care of one another over anyone else. There is no safe place to air a concern about a bosses performance because they all talk and support one another. Employees tend to feel trapped as a result and cannot move to different departments if they want to expand their skills because of this. If management doesn't like you, they will find a reason to set you out the door, even if you are doing nothing wrong. There is a constant fear of being walked out of the building with no explanation or notice. Work and development plans don't seem to exist here and promotions when the come seem arbitrary. If you need a paycheck and some line items on your resume, come here, get them quickly and get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo everyone a favor and resign. Fire bad managers even if they are your pals. The business is suffering because of this.

Love my co-workers... management, not so much

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsI love my coworkers... devs, qa, etc. We enjoy spending time with each other and respect each others skills.
    I love my immediate manager... he's great at keeping a good work/life balance and contributes to the great work environment.
    Casual, open work environment... there are no cubes for developers. It's definitely not for everyone, but it works for me.

ConsThough I love my immediate manager, the people above him... not so much. Once their mind is made up about you, there's no changing it, no matter how good (or bad) of a job you do.
    For some reason, there has been a big resistance to expanding the work from home policy for certain teams.
    Employees don't really seem to be valued by management. They may say that we're important, but their actions say otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's value to having employees who have been around for a while. While it's great to have new people to provide new perspectives, the "old people" possess a lot of "tribal knowledge" and have a knowledge of the system and business processes that a team of consultants and contractors that turns over every couple of months just isn't going to have. You need to make your employees feel valued before they decide to jump ship and take their knowledge and skills with them.

Great People, Unstable Goals

Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsAmazing people! I made some of my best friends there. Base was adequate, but the potential for commission was great. While I was there, they were very generous with time off and personal time, but I do know that things have been changing. Bob Clouser is an excellent and supportive manager. Would love to work with him again in the future.

ConsWhere to begin? First, the "cube city" that you work in is difficult Being so close together is hard when certain people are loud or disruptive. Way too many meetings all the time. Beginning to feel like we were being micromanaged by the time I left. Goals set unreasonably high. Even when 90% of the team falls short of the goals, they refused to change them or acknowledge that they were too high. Training was subpar for the team I was on. They definitely had a "favorite" team and it showed by how many resources they poured into them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your teams. When they repeatedly say that the bar is set too high, consider doing something about it. Treat employees like adults and they will act like it.

Fantastic company !

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe coolest company I have ever worked with .... hands down !
    Excellent people, benefits, perks.

ConsToo Agile. Developers are very encumbered with process tasks and context switching.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed stronger architecture in mobile solutions. We are inefficient due to poor architecture.

Inside Sales Executive

Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsRelaxed casual dressing! Working there for 3 years and meeting so many nice people kept me going!

ConsWhere do I start? I've never worked for a company that doesn't provide forks or spoons lol. This company is a joke! They CLAIM to be innovators when in fact they are copying the competitors products and services. How can we compete? Oh we need to continue to convey OUR value story!! Got it! Prices are way to high yet we offer so many Free products. Our clients aren't stupid and they know that in the end nothing in life is free so please stop with the BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of yours and each others butts and come up for air!!!!

Racist company beware!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWeekends are free, no late nights to work either. All holidays are paid off as well.

ConsIf you are African American; inside sales, concierge, customer service, these are the jobs for you. If you are Caucasian you can work any department and be promoted within less than a year. There are no African Americans in outside sales and never will there be unless you're very light in skin tone and no other Caucasians apply for the job, but currently there are none in outside sales.
    Several people have complain about this prior but of course these comments are deleted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's 2014 stop with the racist decision making and be fair!

Good Learning experiences

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

Pros*Co-worker and supervisors taught and mentored their direct reports since the company didn't seem interested in conferences or learning opportunities for all employees.
    * Lunch and snacks were provided for several employees several times a weeks.
    * Work from home was available on a as needed bases,

Cons* Very few if any educational opportunities.
    * Very little room for advancement.
    * No bonus and very little raises each year.
    * Very low salaries compared to the area.

Advice to Senior Management* Look at how the different departments/ teams are treated and try to even out the playing field.
    * Show you value all employees and not just a few teams.
    * Instate work from home for all employees not just specific groups.
    * Stop running the company like an IT start up.

Worked for RentPath? Contribute to the Community!