RentPath

Updated December 19, 2014
2.8

RentPath President & CEO Charles Stubbs
Charles Stubbs

Pros
  • Work from home makes the job a little more tolerable (in 5 reviews)

• Work from home offers the best work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

• The commission plan for sales people resets every year (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place

Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath

Pros

Smart leadership into performance and open communication. Minimal fiefdoms and true spirit of collaboration. Very metrics drive, into driving technology and maintaining industry leadership position.

Cons

People don't seem to want to push back too much. Not becuse of repercussions but out of desire to please. But sometimes you need to say no. Corp culture.could use some more organized fun. Teams all have good sense of humor but very few company wide opportunities to bond.

Add some corp sponsored fun!

Highly "NOT" Recommended! This used to be a great place to work ...but things have changed for the worst.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers from various backgrounds trying to make a career at RentPath.

Cons

Very bad atmosphere, morale and culture. I worked here 3 years and the turnover was unbelievable. I chose RentPath to be my last stop and finish my career, but unfortunately had to move on.

OMG ...the DROPS! If interviewing for a sales position ..ask about "drops." They don't tell you about them up front. You get a book of business upfront , but if an advertiser "drops" for any reason (sells out, management change, bad service, etc), then the salesperson has to "cover the drop." So, now, they not only have to make their monthly quota, but now also cover the drop, to make your full commission ...even if you didn't sell them ...even if the company had been getting paid on the account for years. You can't make money playing "catchup to drops".

I met some very good sales people that could make sales, and exceed sales goals by double ...even triple ...but still didn't make any money trying to catch the monthly drops.

Stop trying to make the insides sales team a "call center" just to pump up call (KPI) numbers. Employees don't like to make "fake calls" just to have a call show as made. They want to learn about the customer, their needs and values. Value the employees that you have and learn how to retain them, maintain them, develop them and reward them ...so they stay with the company. Turnover has got to be costing the company so much time and money lost.

The company is full of hard working individuals all working the achieve the company's goals.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people. Stimulating work. Not a lot of red tape or politics. This is a great place to work if you are the type of person who cares about what you do.

Cons

Sometime managment jumps the gun on something before it is ready to go. I understand the need to quickly react, but sometimes a day or two of planning will save weeks of headaches and missteps.

Keep up the good work. Keep those lines of communication open.

Extremely satisfied with the work life balance rentpath provides

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, quarterly hackathons, 10% day (hack on things your interested in that could be useful to the company). Company is at the top of their game has a very talented staff in a very serious market.

Cons

I've encountered some communication barriers here or there, but nothing you wouldn't find anywhere else.

Keep meetings short(er)

Friendly, comfortable work environment.

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were very welcoming and helpful. There was a good sense of team work across different departments.

Cons

It was a temporary, contract position.

Company that has a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is the leader in the industry and is owned by an investment group that shows interest in growth.

Cons

Salary is a bit under industry standard. Departments work in silos which can make it difficult to work on larger projects.

Salaries need to be researched to ensure they are up with industry standards.

changing for the worst

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

the only pro was free lunch, but thats been taken away

Cons

rentpath is relocating - buckhead most likely. and their looking to buy a smaller space than whats in norcross. some dept has experienced layoffs over the last month and more are coming. they acquired live lovely a few months ago now the company is moving some parts of the cmpany to the west coast. its a good company but going through some transition right now that isnt good for some employees

be honest with employees about why these major and unfortunate changes are taking place

Horrible Place To enter

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your off on weekends that's about it.

Cons

The company in itself is horrible from the ceo to the janitors.

Grow up and learn how to be professional

Company has potential, but lets it drift away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some passionate, amazing people. I was given ample opportunity to take on challenges and was in charge of my career path.

Cons

The company lacks vision and leadership. The CEO consistently looks for "good", not "great". They don't walk their talk about products, employees - anything! One upper manager in the technology dept is a megalomaniac and essentially runs the company. Company holds on to bad employees too long and lets the good ones go.

Dominating the space through acquisition may be helpful in the short term. But seriously - focus on quality and "great" - that is how you will make your legacy.

Love my co-workers... management, not so much

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love my coworkers... devs, qa, etc. We enjoy spending time with each other and respect each others skills.
    I love my immediate manager... he's great at keeping a good work/life balance and contributes to the great work environment.
    Casual, open work environment... there are no cubes for developers. It's definitely not for everyone, but it works for me.

Cons

Though I love my immediate manager, the people above him... not so much. Once their mind is made up about you, there's no changing it, no matter how good (or bad) of a job you do.
    For some reason, there has been a big resistance to expanding the work from home policy for certain teams.
    Employees don't really seem to be valued by management. They may say that we're important, but their actions say otherwise.

There's value to having employees who have been around for a while. While it's great to have new people to provide new perspectives, the "old people" possess a lot of "tribal knowledge" and have a knowledge of the system and business processes that a team of consultants and contractors that turns over every couple of months just isn't going to have. You need to make your employees feel valued before they decide to jump ship and take their knowledge and skills with them.

RentPath Photos