RentPath Reviews in Norcross, GA

Updated September 21, 2014
2.7

RentPath President & CEO Charles Stubbs
Charles Stubbs

Pros
  • Good pairing work environment if you do not like getting instructions or training (in 8 reviews)

• There are some really great people there and as they leave they can help you find other opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

• Sales people are let go after missing targets for 2 quarters (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

43 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The company is full of hard working individuals all working the achieve the company's goals.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people. Stimulating work. Not a lot of red tape or politics. This is a great place to work if you are the type of person who cares about what you do.

Cons

Sometime managment jumps the gun on something before it is ready to go. I understand the need to quickly react, but sometimes a day or two of planning will save weeks of headaches and missteps.

Keep up the good work. Keep those lines of communication open.

Extremely satisfied with the work life balance rentpath provides

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, quarterly hackathons, 10% day (hack on things your interested in that could be useful to the company). Company is at the top of their game has a very talented staff in a very serious market.

Cons

I've encountered some communication barriers here or there, but nothing you wouldn't find anywhere else.

Keep meetings short(er)

Friendly, comfortable work environment.

Former Employee - Graphic Artist  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were very welcoming and helpful. There was a good sense of team work across different departments.

Cons

It was a temporary, contract position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company that has a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is the leader in the industry and is owned by an investment group that shows interest in growth.

Cons

Salary is a bit under industry standard. Departments work in silos which can make it difficult to work on larger projects.

Salaries need to be researched to ensure they are up with industry standards.

changing for the worst

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

the only pro was free lunch, but thats been taken away

Cons

rentpath is relocating - buckhead most likely. and their looking to buy a smaller space than whats in norcross. some dept has experienced layoffs over the last month and more are coming. they acquired live lovely a few months ago now the company is moving some parts of the cmpany to the west coast. its a good company but going through some transition right now that isnt good for some employees

be honest with employees about why these major and unfortunate changes are taking place

Horrible Place To enter

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your off on weekends that's about it.

Cons

The company in itself is horrible from the ceo to the janitors.

Grow up and learn how to be professional

Company has potential, but lets it drift away

I worked at RentPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with some passionate, amazing people. I was given ample opportunity to take on challenges and was in charge of my career path.

Cons

The company lacks vision and leadership. The CEO consistently looks for "good", not "great". They don't walk their talk about products, employees - anything! One upper manager in the technology dept is a megalomaniac and essentially runs the company. Company holds on to bad employees too long and lets the good ones go.

Dominating the space through acquisition may be helpful in the short term. But seriously - focus on quality and "great" - that is how you will make your legacy.

Met some amazing people while working there, but management.....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic, friendly and talented people work there. The sometimes lunches were a nice perk but not enough to outweigh some of the problems

Cons

There is a rot under the surface of the company that isn't readily apparent when you first get there but after about 3-6 months, you'll want to run. Management is embarrassingly out of touch not only with the products we create, but the processes by which they create them and no amount of offering to show them seems to make a difference. Managers tend to be friends who take care of one another over anyone else. There is no safe place to air a concern about a bosses performance because they all talk and support one another. Employees tend to feel trapped as a result and cannot move to different departments if they want to expand their skills because of this. If management doesn't like you, they will find a reason to set you out the door, even if you are doing nothing wrong. There is a constant fear of being walked out of the building with no explanation or notice. Work and development plans don't seem to exist here and promotions when the come seem arbitrary. If you need a paycheck and some line items on your resume, come here, get them quickly and get out.

Do everyone a favor and resign. Fire bad managers even if they are your pals. The business is suffering because of this.

Love my co-workers... management, not so much

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love my coworkers... devs, qa, etc. We enjoy spending time with each other and respect each others skills.
    I love my immediate manager... he's great at keeping a good work/life balance and contributes to the great work environment.
    Casual, open work environment... there are no cubes for developers. It's definitely not for everyone, but it works for me.

Cons

Though I love my immediate manager, the people above him... not so much. Once their mind is made up about you, there's no changing it, no matter how good (or bad) of a job you do.
    For some reason, there has been a big resistance to expanding the work from home policy for certain teams.
    Employees don't really seem to be valued by management. They may say that we're important, but their actions say otherwise.

There's value to having employees who have been around for a while. While it's great to have new people to provide new perspectives, the "old people" possess a lot of "tribal knowledge" and have a knowledge of the system and business processes that a team of consultants and contractors that turns over every couple of months just isn't going to have. You need to make your employees feel valued before they decide to jump ship and take their knowledge and skills with them.

Great People, Unstable Goals

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people! I made some of my best friends there. Base was adequate, but the potential for commission was great. While I was there, they were very generous with time off and personal time, but I do know that things have been changing. Bob Clouser is an excellent and supportive manager. Would love to work with him again in the future.

Cons

Where to begin? First, the "cube city" that you work in is difficult Being so close together is hard when certain people are loud or disruptive. Way too many meetings all the time. Beginning to feel like we were being micromanaged by the time I left. Goals set unreasonably high. Even when 90% of the team falls short of the goals, they refused to change them or acknowledge that they were too high. Training was subpar for the team I was on. They definitely had a "favorite" team and it showed by how many resources they poured into them.

Listen to your teams. When they repeatedly say that the bar is set too high, consider doing something about it. Treat employees like adults and they will act like it.

Worked for RentPath? Contribute to the Community!