Rentbits.com Reviews

3.1

Dan Daugherty

Innovative, Agile and Fun

I have been working at Rentbits.com full-time

Pros

The people by far. Ideas are listened to and everyone is a part of the team. The new website incorporated all team members, not just management. There is ample opportunity to learn new things and take on various projects which keeps things fresh.

Cons

This is still a small company so resources can be a challenge but everyone is very clear about keeping a start up mentality, so that is to be expected.

I've shared my thoughts and feedback with management privately but it has centered around this being a great place to work. They care about my professional development and have taken interest in me and the rest of the team from a personal perspective. I feel respected here as I continue to grow.

Growing Market and Positive Environment with Huge Growth Potential

I have been working at Rentbits.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Over 7 years in business
    - Profitable and stable
    - Headquartered in the heart of Denver innovation at Galvanize Building
    - Positive Environment
    - Friday Happy Hours
    - Free Massages

Cons

- Smaller company environment makes is difficult to have a clear path of personal career growth. Although, being in a small company also means there is a lot of opportunity to do a variety of things.

- Company not recommended for those who want to be in a larger company, are not entrepreneurial and needs direction on a daily basis.

Poor leadership, high stress, low pay, and few benefits

Former Employee - Sales  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at Rentbits.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personally, I learned quite a bit about internet marketing from the company. I've taken that knowledge and moved up in my career. I feel my time at Rentbits was worth all the hassle. Chair massages and snacks were nice. I really enjoyed my peers at this organization.

Cons

Low pay, micromanagement, and many unintelligent demands were a part of the culture. Mean spirited leaders too.

I often felt like leadership members were dishonest in their business practices and that there was a low level of integrity among senior leaders. They are not interested in really knowing and mentoring their people. Leadership is very egocentric. They point fingers and I often heard them make fun of others. They don't say what they do and do what they say. There's a clear disconnect. Hopefully this will improve over time as their leadership is young. My advice would be to put your pride to the side and check your ego at the door. Just be human and understand that your teams will respect you more if show them this side.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Instability

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Rentbits.com

Pros

- some good people
    - pretty light atmosphere
    - perks
       - snacks
       - massages
       - occasional happy hours
    - varied responsibilities

Cons

- weak processes
    - micromanagement
    - high turnover
    - instability
       - in staff
       - in direction / initiatives
    - low loyalty to staff
    - disconnection between levels of staff

Communication and understanding of daily duties and responsibilities between levels of staff was almost non-existent. Highest levels of management expected everything out of the "lowest" rung and the highest dedication while seeming aloof and often times completely absent from the office. Was a frustrating atmosphere by the end. It could have turned around since my departure. I have not had much communication with the company since, although I know most of my former co-workers are still there.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Rentbits.com

Pros

rentbits has a very strong culture. They believe and live their core values every day. Some for the great things they offer are:

- Massages
    - Ping Pong
    - snacks
    - stock options
    - Happy Hours
    - TGIF
    - Great team members

Cons

- Would like to see 100% of the healthcare paid for
    - Keep the free snacks stocked
    - Doesn't offer full 1 hour massages but would be nice

I started working for rentbits.com when it was Rent Marketer. There were no stock options offered at all when I started but management decided to offer them to every single employee. New and existing. This is something no other company I have worked for ever offered. For that I am grateful. Being in a fast growing start-up means you cannot be afraid of change or growth. rentbits offers both. Their culture is unique to the Denver area with a lot of benefits including free massages every two weeks, ping pong, foosball, wii, spur of the moment happy hours, revenue transparency meetings, etc. Advice to management would be to continue to grow at a fast pace while keeping the culture in place. Sometimes the free snacks (which we all appreciate) need to be stocked more often. However, we as employees need to let everyone know what they want and when it is low.

Rentbits Warning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Rentbits.com

Pros

Laid back
    Good employees
    Ping Pong table

Cons

Low pay
    Weak benefits
    Illusion of stock options
    Illusion of job security
    Poor management
    Free snacks are not kept stocked

My advice to all looking for employment at rentbits is to be careful. rentbits talked me into taking less pay than the market offered because of a strong office culture and stock options at a quickly growing online company. The reality was I never got my papers for stock options and was amazed with the lack of communication between members of management. rentbits uses office culture as a way to encourage retention without having to pay for it but offer no loyalty to their employees. I and three others were unexpectedly let go without warning or explanation. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Not what you expect

I have been working at Rentbits.com

Pros

-Smart overall business concept, low overhead costs which are theoretically good as a stock holder.
    -Management is flexible at times to make clients happy.

Cons

-Very low pay by comparison to similar companies.
    -Shortsighted management decisions that are detrimental to company growth.
    -Micromanagement.
    -Passive aggressive management. Employees are considered replaceable.

To prospective employee - you will not make as much money as you think at Rentbits, and the company culture is not positive anymore as they make it seem. If you need a job, go for it, but it is a prematurely tired company that is uninspiring to work at. Might be a great place for someone right out of school.

Worked for Rentbits.com? Contribute to the Community!