Renzenberger

Renzenberger Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Karen Seitter

Fun Job, helps with the bills and it's a perfect transistion for being "in between" jobs.

Road Driver (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX

I have been working at Renzenberger part-time for less than a year

ProsIt's great for someone that enjoys driving. You meet some nice, railworkers. job is kinda chill, especially when your getting paid to sit in a van.

Consthe pay could be better, A LOT better, but for what type of job it is, it helps. You're on call 24/7 (you get a day off, but i don't take it. The beginning of the week work slows down so much that you get a day off anyways).

Good work environment, with naive management.

Auditor (Former Employee)
Lenexa, KS

I worked at Renzenberger full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to get overtime on every paycheck. 12 hour shifts allotted for 4 days off every other week.

ConsLimited promotion opportunity and salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your dispatchers and auditors.

Horrible place to work

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
Lenexa, KS

I worked at Renzenberger full-time for more than a year

Prosnone that I can think of

Consnick picking, trying to find ways to get you fired

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not workhorses. When I worked there you were in the Mission towers, I was threatened with being put on midnight shift when corporate office moved because I was a fat ugly woman and you didn't want people seeing me there during the day. I quit because of all the stress you put me through

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst companies to ever work for

Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Renzenberger full-time for more than a year

ProsThe crew members were very nice.

ConsThe company has no idea how to treat their employees. They overwork you, hours are terrible, no life and the pay is very very low, safety meetings on your days off, not worth getting yourself involved in. The company vans are usually not in top shape condition, they promote 'safety is first' but yet when you have vehicles that are not mechanically sound, bald tires, half of the dash lights are missing, headlights pointing down to the ground....and the list goes on. They also don't get your hours correct as well. The fatigue you get for working odd shift, and when you try to call off because you haven't had enough hours of sleep, their attitudes are 'oh well' deal with it. Management is a complete joke, dispatchers are rude and treat you with a bunch of disrespect, they call you all hours of the day, I mean they will make your phone ring off the hook. All the drivers are disgruntle and want to sabatage the company and I couldn't blame them for how this company treat their employee. The ones you rely on the most gets paid the lowest....minimum wage.......NOT WORTH IT!!!!! This job barely puts gas in your vehicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should all get fired for the bologna you put the drivers through, including dispatchers.........very rude people.

you may find something better elsewhere

Road Driver (Current Employee)
Lanexa, VA

I have been working at Renzenberger full-time for more than a year

Prosyou don t deal with the managers as you drive a van that you keep with you all the time.

Conswon call work, it may be anytime 24/7.

Like My Job.

Driver Yard (Current Employee)
Decatur, IL

I have been working at Renzenberger part-time for more than 5 years

ProsNot a dull job!! Each day full of excitement and danger!!
Stories from your passengers wild!!

ConsWell. Communication - would like to know what's going on!
Also some very off the wall rules. Need some caring drivers that
will do the job carefully. To many darn screwups just going from
job to unemployment checks to another job they don't give a
crape about!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWont listen anyway!!!!

Bad Company!

Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Renzenberger full-time for less than a year

ProsNo pros of any kind.

ConsShorted miles, cheated out of trips. I was blamed for a accident that I did not commit in retaliation for a argument with my regional manager. Chickenshit employment policies and forced union membership tops the cake. A federal investigation is necessary here to uncover all the crap going on in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo soak you head!

Rip Off Burger

Van Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Renzenberger full-time for more than a year

ProsAs a professional driver with over a million and a half miles acident free, dropping of crews and picking them up safely and having the railroad personnel thank you for it.

ConsMinimum wage does not cover the responsibility involved. Shorted miles trip after trip. Nepitsm. Favored dispatch. Inside info on runs given to a select few. Not compensated for being on call 24/7. High turn over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop controlling and abusing your people. A good career for for ex cons living in a half way house!

Ok

I have been working at Renzenberger

ProsThe pay is alright for what you do

ConsThe job is pretty easy

If you really like to drive and just have someone pay for the gas, this is the job for you!

I worked at Renzenberger

ProsDiversity in assignments. Renzenberger transports train crews for all the major rairoads (UP, BNSF, AMTRAK, etc.) In doing so you are taken to far reaches of areas where trains operate, many times in the middle of nowhere, however many times in the mountains where its snowing or along the coast. Very scenic.

ConsManagement. Vehicles which are shared with other drivers who have hygene habits parallel with those who cannot care for themselves. On-call 24/7 with some trips only paying slightly more than what the gas cost you to get to the yard. Derelict reputation with some of the railroads which trickles down to how the customers treat some of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the customer first and focus on getting to know them and what they do more rather than what they can do or don't do for you. Start drug testing your employees more regularly and stop making promotional decisions based on the friend factor and more on competency.

Worked for Renzenberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Renzenberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Renzenberger CEO Karen Seitter. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Renzenberger employees.