Replicon

Big Challenges, Big Goals

Marketing (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time for more than a year

ProsIntuitive product with great market traction. Lots of opportunity to tackle big challenges that have potential for big impact. Get to use latest and greatest approaches/processes/products to solve problems. Management vision is clear and realistic.

ConsSometimes hard to push through legacy processes to implement best practices. Management maintains tight control (good and bad).

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider accepting higher risk in trying new approaches. Give employees more power to make needed changes to legacy processes.

A good place for top performers

I have been working at Replicon full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is very particular about their employees. They only keep the best so you dont have to work with people who arent doing a good job. The CEOs are fairly involved and require their people to execute to their vision and be decisive. Some offices offer free lunches and some of the offices are new. There's lots of growth and the future looks bright. Company has invested in lots of tools available to enable staff.

ConsCompensation isn't the best but it's ok. Lots of change happening as the company grows which comes with some pain in product development and pressure on all departments. Its a high pressure environment right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new products need time to catch up so sales and marketing can be as successful as needed. Be realistic in goal setting and keep your high standards for people.

US Office Marketing Dept - Just the Facts

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Replicon full-time

ProsThere aren't many positives I can say about the company. They are in a growing market space but the product itself is boring and hard to get excited about.

ConsInstead of listing my own opinions here, I've created a list of the US office marketing team members that have left since Replicon opened an office in California in early 2011. The US marketing team usually consisted from around 6-7 people. This is all public knowledge on linkedin.

Chief Revenue Officer at Replicon

1 year 9 months

Senior Marketing Writer

Director of Marketing Communications & Creative Services
1 year 3 months

This is a list of 11 people, enough to completely turn over the entire marketing team 2 times in 3 years since the office opened. They have been led by 3 different VPs and one Chief Revenue Officer all who are no longer there. From what I understand, when the marketing team was in Calgary it too turned over multiple times.

People are not staying for a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CO-Ceo (in charge of the marketing dept), needs to go. She is the worst of possible combinations, megalomaniacal and incompetent. She is the driving force behind why the marketing team has turned over again and again. Either people don't want to work for her and quit, or if people don't follow her cluelessness, they are fired.

A growing company

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time for more than a year

Pros- the company is growing fast, with aggressive growth plans and targets
- backed by successful VCs
- strong leadership team (you see what you get) and lots of strong talent
- open and transparent culture, no red tapes, low toleration for non-performers
- catered lunch (Silicon Valley office) + snacks/drinks + employee limo shuttle service + performance bonus + gym access + social events + etc.
- you make an impact in your role - if not, then you probably are not the right fit here

Cons- lots of changes due to fast growth (sometimes too many changes), so it's not an environment for everyone
- have to deal with disgruntled employees (those who are not the right fit) a little too long
- too many layers of mgmt at times (the company could be leaner)

Advice to Senior Management- keep us in the loop more often about the vision and directions.

What a company

Sales (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time for less than a year

ProsWhile marketplace is not that exciting, it is growing as many companies need to replace their homegrown systems, so there is a demand for this type of solutions.

ConsPoor leadership and management. Ever changing vision, plans, road map. Practically all work is outsourced, there is no company identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Perfect union of startup and megacorp

I have been working at Replicon full-time for more than a year

ProsI have worked at both startups and mega corporations and this is the perfect union of the two.
A nice environment in that - there is a start up, fast paced feel, however the company is 17 years old and very stable. Size of the company is not too small nor too large, so everyone plays a pretty significant role, however not one person carries the whole company on their shoulders (like a 5 person startup) and there is no chances that the company could plummet tomorrow. You have the opportunity to interact with and learn from all departments. Managers do not look over my shoulder however are there for guidance when needed. Commute is great for me.

ConsAs the company grows, there are pains (global communications, etc) which is typical.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to see more employee events and more unity among international offices as we grow! I'm sure this will happen.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Experience Dishonest and Unethical Business Practices

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Replicon full-time

ProsYou can learn how poorly a company can be run.

ConsYou'll be working for one of the most poorly-run companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like human beings and maybe they won't run from you.

One of the fastest growing companies I've worked for

I have been working at Replicon full-time

Pros- Fast pace, agile, customer centric, transparent, open
- Value talent and give talent opportunities to grow from within
- Casual atmosphere but still maintain a sense of professionalism
- Result oriented
- Great performance bonus, pay for performance culture

Cons- As with any fast growing companies, there are from time to time growing pains... But hey, no pain no gain!

Advice to Senior Management- You must have been doing something right as we continue to expand and grow!

The Worst Company, Culture and Leadership I've Ever Encountered

Marketing Management (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I worked at Replicon full-time for more than a year

ProsNone... Except the Target across the street.

ConsThe leadership treats its employees like property. They lie to them, abuse them and humiliate them. The CEO is known to make foul, offensive jokes about women and races. He says it's all in fun... It's not. Overall, it's a hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your doors or learn to treat people like human beings. You try to hire the best and the brightest then you talk down to them and treat them like imbeciles.

Extremely negative environment, and amateurish

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Replicon full-time

ProsSome free food, free parking. There's really not much else good I can say about this company to fill up the "20 word minimum". There are 2 interesting and nice people in the whole company.

ConsI have received only negative feedback on my work (which is of high quality), have had it sent into a black hole and ignored, and seen the CEO look at somebody's work and say "it's ugly." The CEO comments on whether fonts should be bold, and has strong opinions about whether a zero value should be represented by a dash "or something else." Managers are given no training, and are put in charge of departments they have no experience in. Sensitive HR documents and procedures are handled by the office manager, and all the head of HR does is "recruit," although this is an office of 25 people so hardly anybody is being hired. Some backfill positions have stayed open for almost a year. There are no business processes here. I'm not allowed to give deadlines to the people who produce work for me. The entire engineering team is located in Bangalore, India, with an 11-hour time difference, making it nearly impossible to communicate directly with them. At times, I've been required to participate in 9 pm phone calls with India every night for months on end. The engineering team is incapable of following industry-standard specifications and requires constant hand holding. Employees are never allowed to work from home, being told that they need to be on-site in order to "collaborate", even though 95% of the company is located in either Canada or India. The only person in the office who had any sense of humor quit. Most people here are completely bland vanilla, having no interesting hobbies outside of work to discuss. Innovation is shut down, not because it would be too expensive to build it, but because it doesn't fit in with the constricting current standards of the product. There are no annual reviews here, no goals are communicated in any way, and yet yearly bonuses will be slashed without any discussion (according so people I know here). My bonus was okay, but then again, I had to give my soul to the company in order to get it. Some people here won't even say hello in the halls, literally ignoring you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers, let people work at home (understand how your business ACTUALLY operates), learn how to give constructive criticism, change the name of the company to something that doesn't sound like an evil robot.

Worked for Replicon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Replicon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Replicon CEO Raj Narayanaswamy. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Replicon employees.