Replicon

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015
3.8

Raj Narayanaswamy

Pros
  • Company is growing rapidly, your hard work doesn't go unnoticed (in 6 reviews)

• Some of them include - Nice people, Growing company with great products, Significant career & growth opportunity, Flexible work timing (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing comes to mind at present (in 2 reviews)

• Lack of communication from engineering management (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

positive, innovative, rapid growth- lots of (good) change due to rapid growth, great BOD

I have been working at Replicon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

compensation (both cash and equity), healthy company, incredible investors (seriously- check out who the investors are...), culture of change and improvement and rapid growth. Innovative products in a stable and yet mission-critical industry (time and expense tracking, et al).

Cons

Per some of the other reviews below, this is not a place for you if you are uncomfortable with rapid change and growth, as they are inevitable when one is a technology company quickly growing and rapidly evolving. If you don't embrace change, occasional confusion, and intensity, then this company, and the cloud side of the technology business, are probably not for you.

Keep it up. Stomp hard on the gas pedal. "Fail Fast Forward". Just keep doing what you are doing!

Growing company with lots of innovative, driven, ambitious people. You won't hate it, you'll love it.

Current Employee - Decline to State in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing rapidly, your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Promotions are happily given to hard working employees. Start up-like feel, with the back bone of an established company. People are usually in great moods here, others tend to stay out of the way and keep to themselves. Benefits are great, especially healthcare.

Cons

May seem a little unorganized as the company instills policies and procedures.

Communicate weekly announcements to your teams. Its crucial to have everyone on the same page, doing what they need to be doing, in order for a company to successfully grow. Everyone should be in sync.

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Accounts Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It started out like a good first date - with promise. The promise of more leads that they could handle, leaders in their space a great partner channel - etc.

Some pro's: You can have a free lunch catered everyday and an endless supply of snacks - if that's your thing, two thumbs up!

Cons

The reality was/is: huge turnover in management - both senior and mid-level, huge turnover in development - this is especially disconcerting since they've launched a new platform and key project managers, developers, etc have left. Every week there are new "good bye" emails.

The entire sales team struggles - with the exception of SMB team. Good luck if you want to sell at the mid market or Enterprise level.

The product is little more than vapor/shelf ware - I hate to say it; but, it's reality. For a SaaS company, not so nimble.

Senior, executive management trys; but, little more than throwing opportunities against the wall with the promise of "get the deal and we'll figure it out".

The lack of a reliable funnel is troubling.

I don't even know where to start...

I'm glad I made the decision to join the company, no regrets! On a day-to-day basis, I truly enjoy being here.

Current Employee - Labor Rules Specialist in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Labor Rules Specialist in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From what I have perceived, there is room for upward growth The benefits are fantastic (you couldn't ask for better insurance coverage), lunch is provided daily, and there is a strong corporate culture within the company! I really like the type of work that I am involved in because I can see the overall impact my work has on the company. That's a big deal to me and something that I found lacking prior to joining Replicon.

Cons

If you are someone to needs or works best under a micro-management type of setting, then I would be hesitant to recommend working here because that is not the type of management style found within the company.

As the company continues to grow, make sure to continue keeping everyone in the loop. Management does a pretty good job of doing that now, but as the organization continues to grow, I think this will naturally become more difficult to do.

Great place to work, grow professionally and make a real difference!

I have been working at Replicon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Replicon in is in a growth period, and is looking for talented people with experience in Time and Labor. The environment is perfect for people who want to make a difference, be innovative, and work with a strong team of people who truly care about the company and its products. You will love it here!

Cons

We are growing quickly, developing and delivering products quickly so we need working on improving communication across the board.

Exciting time!

I have been working at Replicon full-time

Pros

I'm surprised to see the negative reviews on here. Those must have come from non-performers, as Replicon doesn't tolerate non-performers very well. We have a lot of great talent on the team and they are fun to work with.

The products are solid, strong customer base and the market potential is huge. The company expects employees to take ownership of what they do. There are not a ton of policies and procedures (which tend to slow things down), rather, what we have is more like guideline... and you are expected to make the right decisions based on the guideline. So you are empowered to do your job well.

Cons

If you are not a strong performer, you won't enjoy it here as the pace is fast and it will be very clear to everyone that you are falling behind...

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Front-End Web Developer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Front-End Web Developer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time

Pros

- Great Team work
    - Great People to work with
    - Value talent and give talent opportunities to grow from within
    - Open and transparent culture
    - Low toleration for non-performers
    - Result oriented
    - Lots of growth
    - Friendly
    - Lunch Provided in Redwood City office, no need to leave office.

Cons

Same as all fast growing companies there are some pains which is normal.

Nothing that i would like to specify

Great Environment and Hardworking employees who takes their job seriously

I have been working at Replicon full-time

Pros

Everyone is professional and friendly, there isn't any work politics. The workload can be quite busy through the different departments, so it creates more materials you can learn and work on. Catered lunch everyday

Cons

Communication barriers between the different cultures

More training on communicating with teams from India and making sure IT can solve issues efficiently without having to wait for helpdesk. Smooth out some admin process to help process run more smoothly

Big Challenges, Big Goals

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Replicon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intuitive product with great market traction. Lots of opportunity to tackle big challenges that have potential for big impact. Get to use latest and greatest approaches/processes/products to solve problems. Management vision is clear and realistic.

Cons

Sometimes hard to push through legacy processes to implement best practices. Management maintains tight control (good and bad).

Consider accepting higher risk in trying new approaches. Give employees more power to make needed changes to legacy processes.

A good place for top performers

I have been working at Replicon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is very particular about their employees. They only keep the best so you dont have to work with people who arent doing a good job. The CEOs are fairly involved and require their people to execute to their vision and be decisive. Some offices offer free lunches and some of the offices are new. There's lots of growth and the future looks bright. Company has invested in lots of tools available to enable staff.

Cons

Compensation isn't the best but it's ok. Lots of change happening as the company grows which comes with some pain in product development and pressure on all departments. Its a high pressure environment right now.

The new products need time to catch up so sales and marketing can be as successful as needed. Be realistic in goal setting and keep your high standards for people.