Reply!

Updated February 6, 2015
3.1

Payam Zamani

21 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Fantastic place to accelerate your skills and creativity

I have been working at Reply! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The thing I love about Reply! is the freedom and flexibility that I have to get the job done. I am constantly pushing my skills and learning new things, and the culture here fosters that. If you are trying hard and are motivated, then you'll be rewarded for it. My role here looks completely different than when I first started due to promotions and increased responsibility.

Although the company has been around for many years, it still has a startup-like feel. Combine that feeling with the fact that the company has been profitable for years, and you're already ahead of 95% of startups in the bay area.

They have free lunches every day (and it's great food). There's always a fully stocked fridge and a giant Starbux Keurig thing. There's a free bus you can take through one of the local transit systems and they have generous paid time off policies. I've never had any trouble requesting the time off that I've needed.

Cons

The culture does not work well for people who aren't self-motivated and want by-the-rules procedures. There are some things about Reply! that are clunky leftovers from years ago, but you have the opportunity to change it and make it what it needs to be.

The transparency you have with us is great, keep that up. Ask employees about their personal career aspirations and facilitate action plans to help employees get there if it aligns with company objectives. This would bring culture and motivation to the next level.

Sales

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

Underpaid, bad management that executives don't notice bad unfair treatment, push employees to lie about fake products to clients who overpay for cold leads majority of the time.

Look into what some of your 'management' team is doing, unfair, and unethical procedures that will come out if you don't stop it soon.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok, easy hiring process, seem to want to grow and succeed as a whole.

Cons

Disorganized company, very focused on profit and numbers and less on people and investing in the employees.

There is great potential, but at this time Reply! is missing the mark.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very innovative products and this company is always working to create something different for the consumer.

Cons

Reply! is too focused on innovation and pays no heed to the quality of the products that they are delivering to customers.

Upper management needs to look at the quality of the product that they are delivering and make some changes quickly. If not, they will loose their credibility as a company. In addition, they need to pay their employees more and give them more opportunities to telecommute.

Good employees, Thin Management

Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office space is nice, salary & benefits are quite good, working conditions are optimal, fellow employees are dedicated and fun.

Cons

CEO, GM, Head of Sales and others have left in last 6 months and not been replaced. Founder is running the company. Uncertain what's really going on at the core. Turnover at all levels appears quite high.

Fill in senior management gaps.

Great learning opportunities where I have been able to progress in my career!

I have been working at Reply! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are great, location is awesome if you are in the East Bay, fun office environment, flexibility, fair pay. If you are the ambitious, roll up your sleeves and get the job done type, no matter what it takes, you will do very well here. If you add value to your team you will be taken care of and will have many opportunities to grow and progress in your career, even without all the years of experience. Reply! believes in fostering top talent by giving them opportunities to grow and perform.

Cons

Like any start-up type business, processes can be weak, and things can get a little crazy and ad hoc at times. There is a lot of pressure from management to hit numbers, which is perfectly understandable and to deliver against the targets we commit too. You have to have a tough skin to work at Reply!, if you are the over emotional type you wont last here. We work hard and play hard. A fast paced environment.

Think about putting some more policies and structure into place that will help the business move to the next level. Obviously too much structure slows us down, but just enough that we dont have to make as many decisions on the fly.

I feel valued and a valued contributor to my team and the success of the company.

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Reply gives me a lot of freedom to use my major and explore new ways to solve problems. I've been given a healthy amount of responsibilities early and I feel like management takes my recommendations seriously.

Cons

Reply has its foot in a lot of different places. Within the company, communication is hard and that can lead to mistakes.

Continue being a presence for us, and keep us inspired with your creative ideas.

Work hard, play hard.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time

Pros

Very agile environment; able to test new ideas with ease, vs. having to cut through a bunch of red tape. Company rewards good performers, tons of upward mobility. Can be tough at times, but so can any job, and I think Reply! does a good job at making sure people work hard, but also get to play hard.

Cons

Not for the weak heart. You need to be the type of person who is self-motivated and driven. This is not the type of place where you spend a month in training, so it's important that you have enough motivation to make things happen on your own.

Awesome culture with a bright future

Former Employee - Vice President Online Marketing in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President Online Marketing in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Reply! rewards employees for strong performance, creating opportunities that are difficult to find elsewhere. I joined Reply! as a sales rep and exited as VP of Marketing, after 8 years with the company. Many of my peers (VP's at the time of my exit) started at the bottom as well, and it's refreshing to see a company reward it's talent vs. overpaying for outside talent. The CEO is responsible for creating this culture, and I was personally presented with multiple opportunities that I wasn't "ready" for, but Payam (CEO) knew I could do it.

Cons

I love the culture at Reply! - everyone takes on responsibilities outside of their job description, everyone works hard, and the culture is very innovative. This also creates an environment that can be difficult to keep up with. Personally, I like multi-tasking and always feeling like I have "too much to do," life would be boring otherwise. But some people can't keep up, and Reply! isn't a good fit for someone who wants to work 9 to 5 and keep their responsibilities exclusively withing their job description.

Keep doing all the fun social events, culture is everything. The more time I spent with people that I wouldn't normally interact with, the more relationships I built and the more I appreciated working for Reply!

The Best

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The first day I walked into the office it was like there was electricity in the air. I have never woke to go to work when I have a bounce to my step and a smile on my face. I find my self whistling while I work now. I feel like I am actually making a diffrence in real estate agents lives now. Here at Reply we work hard and play hard as well. You can see the employees are mesmerized every monday company wide meeting that managment holds.

Cons

It sometimes is hard to find parking.

Keep up the good work.