Republic Airways

www.rjet.com

Republic Airways Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 4, 2014
Republic Airways – US – “RPW EMB 170”

Republic Airways – US – “RPW EMB 170”

Republic Airways Chairman, President, and CEO Bryan K. Bedford

Bryan K. Bedford

Pros
  • I'm sure once the flight benefits finally get processed, I've heard they're pretty good (in 17 reviews)

• I love being a flight attendant and the travel benefits with RAH are pretty good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely low pay for the job performed (in 7 reviews)

• Crew scheduling management is immature and inflexible (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not just a "job" but a fulfilling Lifestyle!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsProfessional, growing, outstanding crews to work with

ConsIt is a regional carrier, therefore shorter flights, which in turn more times to go through the boarding process.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more understanding of some of the inflight situations.

Do not look to this company for employment

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSome flight attendants were nice to work with

ConsToo many cons to mention....totally not a people oriented company...will find any reason to fire you....too many cliques and chiefs....not enough Indians....trainers and management do not care about the fight attendant....only themselves.....company name should be..... Selfish Airlines...!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you would like treated.....if that's possible for you!!

Totally Disappointed!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI love my job as a flight attendant. The flexibility in your schedule is really nice. The ability to travel the world for practically free is the best thing ever.

ConsThe pay should be better. The union is on the side of the company not the flight attendants. This company only treats people in their "inner circle" well. The rest of us don't matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe yearly party is a nice gesture but it is not accessible to everyone. People in other bases dont always have an opportunity to attend. Treat EVERYONE the same. Build morale!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pick another Regional

First Officer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFellow pilots are a good group of people. Get to work two jobs to pay the bills or go on food stamps!

ConsLow FO pay, take home less money every year. Old contract, other regionals enjoy amazing things like cancellation pay, duty rights, time and a half for over time and on and on.... not here. Management blames their failures on workers. Lots of bases, but they change/close and you end up commuting to work. New FA contract is awful. Middle management doesn't want to talk to you, they only reason they call and want to talk is if a flight goes out late. Recommend Compass, Expressjet or Skywest!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management doesn't care about flight crews, they only care about making upper management happy. If the flight crews where treated with a little respect this would be a better place to work. Pilot contract over 10 years old and a new one is needed but company stalling as long as possible. All this depends on management, they are running the show.

Better off as a flight instructor. Go somewhere else

Captain (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis place sucks so bad, 80% of pilot group will get the hell out as soon as possible. Many are taking non flying jobs because this place sucks so bad. You will get PIC time at some point while being treated like absolute crap. You are a number,

ConsIt's actually worse than that. Scheduling will try to schedule you against the contract and then get mad when you "catch" them. There is a negative, screw the pilot culture here. Fly it and grieve it, is what the chief pilot will tell you. Basically, we know we are breaking the contract. Do it anyway and in 2 years, we will give you an extra hour of pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into how Herb Kelleher managed. When employees are treated with respect, they perform better. I doubt his management will ever figure this out!

One of the better regional airlines to work for as an aircraft mechanic.

Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits are excellent including Health, Dental and Vision, 401K (some matching based on years of service), Standby flight benefits on Client Airlines. Largely knowledgeable supervision and co-workers with extensive industry experience. Most co-workers are friendly. Pay is acceptable for a regional airline. Company starts at $14.00 per hour with no experience. Yearly pay increase/cost of living increase is $1.00 per hour until topped out. $3.00 per hour cost of living adjustment for Chicago station. $0.25 per hour pay premium for taxi qualification (up to two aircraft types) and R.I.I. (required inspection item) qualification. Aircraft maintenance dept. is non-unionized at this time. Management and labor relationship is largely good. Uniforms are on par for this segment of the aviation industry. Equipped and tooled better than some regional airlines but worse than others. Used to be 12 hr. shifts now 10 hrs. Overtime is abundant on evening shift.

ConsCompany works very lean for an airline aircraft maintenance dept. (not a lot in way of parts, chemicals, tooling, ground support equipment and personnel.) This leads to delays, grounded aircraft and working without _____ . This sometimes means working on the edge of the envelope of safety. Aircraft Maintenance Dept. is not unionized. Work load is heavy per person due to the number of flights handled at this station. Chicago is a line station with no regularly leased hanger so most work is done outside on the ramp year round, unless the job dictates it be done inside or the conditions outside are so bad it has to be done inside. There are no merit based pay increases, the only way to get a raise beyond qualifications and the yearly cost of living increase is to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe materials/parts dept. personnel and their leadership are underpaid and this is reflected in the people they attract and who they can retain. This creates many problem parts and creates unnecessary extra work for the maintenance dept. The First Officer pilots are underpaid and topped out after three years. This leads to a lot of interactions with un-happy first officers who write up the aircraft if the capt. won't. Many of the flight attendants are hires from failed airlines (many mainline/legacy airlines) and have un-realistic expectations for a regional airline environment. An investment in parts, chemicals, tooling and vehicles would greatly improve the working conditions and aircraft reliability/on-time-departure. The company lacks some depth at the upper middle management and supervisory levels due to their inability to competitively compensate people with this level of knowledge and experience and retain them.

Worked for Republic Airways? Contribute to the Community!