Republic Airways Reviews in Milwaukee, WI

2.4

Republic Airways Chairman, President, and CEO Bryan K. Bedford
Bryan K. Bedford

Pros
  • I'm sure once the flight benefits finally get processed, I've heard they're pretty good (in 17 reviews)

• I love being a flight attendant and the travel benefits with RAH are pretty good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely low pay for the job performed (in 7 reviews)

• Crew scheduling management is immature and inflexible (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Just a job

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Republic Airways full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on some new airplanes.

Cons

Working on some old wore out airplanes.

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

lying two faced management; zero tolerance for everything except the mistakes upper management themselves make.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Republic Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have wonderful memories of my time w/ RAH. I'd say, at least half of the in flight crew were great people to get to know.

Cons

as our company grew from 450 f/a's, to thousands and thousands of f/a's, management stayed the same size. Bases would be "supervised" by 1 person, who also "supervised" 2-3 bases. That is 1 person overseeing, potentially 500+ people.

Clearly, effecient staffing, and employee morale was not at the forefront of upper managements minds.

I was let out the back door...after 2 aircraft evacuations. And the whole time, I was interogated.

BEWARE of this horribly run airline.

Oh, and for those who may not share an ultra fundamentalist/catholic view on life...your CEO, bryan bedford, will cram the bible down your throat, when he "finds time" to write his "weekly" memo's to all company staff.

He preaches, and quotes scripture, and always sends you a warm...and by warm, i mean fake, "god bless."

i have no advice. i hope they run themselves to the ground. this is a group of hypocrites, who care nothing for the backs of those, who helped build their company.

If you want to do this long term, go to a mainline company. you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

Comedy Of Errors

Current Employee - Materials Specialist  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Materials Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Republic Airways

Pros

The insurance benefits are excellent and the time off is more than sufficient if you do not have a problem with working 12-hour shifts.

Cons

The wages are low in comparison to the responsibility of the position. The AOG staff is often rude and tactless and management is quick to point out and discipline and employee when an error has been made. Management rarely praises when a job is well done.

Stick with being a regional carrier for the major airlines and stop pulling companies out of bankruptcy such as FRONTIER. As a CEO you should have done your homework before you tried to bust up the teamsters contracts with frontier. I hope you learned your lesson.

Worked for Republic Airways? Contribute to the Community!