Republic Airways Reviews

Reset
2.4
Republic Airways Chairman, President, and CEO Bryan K. Bedford
Bryan K. Bedford

Pros
  • Flight benefits are great if you can get the time (in 22 reviews)

• Great travel benefits when you get to use them (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely low pay for the job performed (in 8 reviews)

• Crew scheduling management is immature and inflexible (in 7 reviews)

Just a job

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Republic Airways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working on some new airplanes.

Cons

Working on some old wore out airplanes.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

lying two faced management; zero tolerance for everything except the mistakes upper management themselves make.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Republic Airways full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have wonderful memories of my time w/ RAH. I'd say, at least half of the in flight crew were great people to get to know.

Cons

as our company grew from 450 f/a's, to thousands and thousands of f/a's, management stayed the same size. Bases would be "supervised" by 1 person, who also "supervised" 2-3 bases. That is 1 person overseeing, potentially 500+ people. Clearly, effecient staffing, and employee morale was not at the forefront of upper managements minds. I was let out the back door...after 2 aircraft evacuations. And the whole time, I was interogated. BEWARE of this horribly run airline. Oh, and for those who may not share an ultra fundamentalist/catholic view on life...your CEO, bryan bedford, will cram the bible down your throat, when he "finds time" to write his "weekly" memo's to all company staff. He preaches, and quotes scripture, and always sends you a warm...and by warm, i mean fake, "god bless."

Advice to Management

i have no advice. i hope they run themselves to the ground. this is a group of hypocrites, who care nothing for the backs of those, who helped build their company. If you want to do this long term, go to a mainline company. you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

Comedy Of Errors

Current Employee - Materials Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Materials Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The insurance benefits are excellent and the time off is more than sufficient if you do not have a problem with working 12-hour shifts.

Cons

The wages are low in comparison to the responsibility of the position. The AOG staff is often rude and tactless and management is quick to point out and discipline and employee when an error has been made. Management rarely praises when a job is well done.

Advice to Management

Stick with being a regional carrier for the major airlines and stop pulling companies out of bankruptcy such as FRONTIER. As a CEO you should have done your homework before you tried to bust up the teamsters contracts with frontier. I hope you learned your lesson.

RSS Feed </> Embed