Republic Airways

www.rjet.com

Republic Airways Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Republic Airways – US – “RPW EMB 170”

Republic Airways Chairman, President, and CEO Bryan K. Bedford

Bryan K. Bedford

Pros
  • I'm sure once the flight benefits finally get processed, I've heard they're pretty good(in 16 reviews)

• I love being a flight attendant and the travel benefits with RAH are pretty good(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Ghost riding flights to find a reason to fire flight attendants(in 8 reviews)

• Extremely low pay for the job performed(in 6 reviews)

Fun company culture in Indy! Take advantage of the flight benefits!!

Human Resources (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWorking in the Indy HQ was amazing! Great people and environment. It's a great combination of laid back and fun. The flight benefits are second to none. It's such a privilege! I can't go on enough about it... Employees have traveled to every continent and can leave town every weekend! It's standby, so it's not perfect.... But when seats are open, the opportunities are endless. The annual holiday party is really fancy and fun! HQ is adding more employee events all the time!

ConsPilot drama and low pay. If you take advantage of the flight benefits, it makes the pay seem better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay wouldn't hurt... And increase PTO!

A good starting point in aviation.

Licensed Mechanic (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsA good stepping stone into aviation with a major airline. Mechanics salaries for a regional airline are better than most.

ConsHealth insurance is complete crap. Takes years to build up any kind of good pay scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to all of the bases instead of just the certain ones,

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Flying high in the air,

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat travel benefits when you get to use them

ConsCan't use your benefits due to lack of seats available for standby passengers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pays the bills

Current Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsNothing really comes to mind. A place to help pay the bills I guess. Certainly not a career.

ConsTerribly under paid. No communication from the leadership. No room to grow or opportunities for advancement. No incentives. Itsy, bitsy, teenie weenie salary increases.

Screwed over after a decade

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat coworker. They are like family

ConsThey play favorites. You are nothing but a number. Management sucks!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember tha you were once a pee on too ... try and treat your employees like you would like to be treated

Terrible Company, Terrible Culture

Pilot (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsNewer aircraft (except the 145's)
    Good crewmembers to work with

ConsUnable to staff; seniority will mean nothing with reassignment
    Pay below industry standard for crewmembers and corporate employees alike
    Work rules less than industry standard
    Inept middle management
    Inept senior management
    Union is useless

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the contract done so we can recruit and stop blaming the pilots for everything that is wrong with this place. Accept responsibility for the awful dump this place has become.

Do not look to this company for employment

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSome flight attendants were nice to work with

ConsToo many cons to mention....totally not a people oriented company...will find any reason to fire you....too many cliques and chiefs....not enough Indians....trainers and management do not care about the fight attendant....only themselves.....company name should be..... Selfish Airlines...!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you would like treated.....if that's possible for you!!

Recruiting Event

Prosstarted on time, very informative. Recruiters were down to Earth

ConsDont know what they are looking for.

Hard to live off the pay. Flying is rarely boring but being away from home a lot gets old.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsLove the free flights and ability to have lots of time off. Flying is rarely boring and the long days "fly" by. You don't have a boss looking over your shoulder. When you're off from work, you rarely need to think about it. No work brought home.

ConsThe pay is pretty close to minimum wage when you factor in how much time you spend at work but not accumulating flight hours. You could be scheduled to be home by 4pm but because of delays/cancellations you return home at 10pm with no extra pay to show for it. That hurts.

Wonderful Experience so far!

ProsGreat travel benefits, crew scheduling really tries to work with you.

ConsThe training should of been longer.

Worked for Republic Airways? Contribute to the Community!