Republic Airways Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Management is horrible, and to them you're a number not a person.

Current Employee - First Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - First Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to travel around the country and see a lot of tourist attractions while working. Unfortunately there was not enough pros to meet the 20 word minimum.

Cons

You don't get treated well by Co workers in management. It's like it's non management vs management and it's a terrible culture.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as if they're humans, not numbers.

Stop the scare tactics

Current Employee - Pilot in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pilot in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with great people. The only reason I haven't left this company is because of my fellow crewmembers. The best in the industry.

Cons

The great people I work with are rapidly leaving this company. The executives manage by fear and uncertainty. They would rather scare us than believe in us.

Advice to Management

Please stop the scare tactics. We want to give you our best and we want you to trust that we can make this company more successful than ever. Our leader / CEO has failed us in many ways of late. The raging ego of our CEO has devoured the soul of this company. It's sad to watch...

Pilot

Current Employee - Pilot in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pilot in Chicago, IL

Pros

Base close to home. Nice planes to fly.

Cons

Bad management, you have to make sure your pay is correct. The CEO is determined not to improve the culture.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO. If the pilots did their job as poorly as payroll does theirs, we would lose our jobs.

This is not a career airline.

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

Pros

The individuals that I work with on a daily basis, first officers, flight attendants, maintenance, dispatchers, etc are some of the finest in the industry and truly enjoyable to work with.

Cons

Management has zero respect for its employees, especially with regard to their time and pay. Employees have no value and are merely treated as a liability.

Advice to Management

Resign. The CEO himself has stated to both employees as well as investors that this is not a career airline. This is an airline to work at for a few to 5 years and then move on. Can you think of any way to disrespect your employees more than to tell them that you would rather have them working some where else? This is from the top. The only way to fix such disrespect is to remove it. With the current CEO, there is no future for long term employment. Resign.

Death spiral

Current Employee - Captain in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Captain in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The crews are fun loving and by and large great to work with. The aircraft are mostly new and are a joy to fly

Cons

No trust in management. Under staffing is chronic and leeds to poor quality of life for flight crews. The company will keep loosing pilots util the 12 year old contract is upgraded.

Advice to Management

Sign a contract with your key frontline employees. Pay and quality of life improvements are the key to employee retention.

7. FA

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Goochland, VA
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Goochland, VA

I worked at Republic Airways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience, Benefits, fun work environment

Cons

Long hours, crap pay , poor Management , poor employee - employer relationship , bad crew sked , no room for growth

Advice to Management

Hire experience or from within in management not brand new or un experienced. Improve relationship with employee including pilots and improve pay and mess of a division you call crew sked

Up and Down

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of base options. Paid training. Employee from the first day so benefits kick in right after training. Short reserve time overall.

Cons

Morale is really low right now. Struggling business model due to pilot shortage and their lack of contract. Pay pretty low compared to other similar airlines.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about culture change - do it. You have to respect your everyday employees before they'll respect you. Need better employee retention.

Nice place in back office - pay is low

Former Employee - Tadaf in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Tadaf in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The people I worked with and for we're really nice. Pace of work/projects okay, good technology and not overwhelming load. Nice bene's flying standby on multiple carriers.

Cons

Being a contract carrier in the airline business their pay model is a bit lower than other industries or firms. Pilots union has had big beef with them over pay scales.

Advice to Management

None that I can comment on.

Bad Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I worked at Republic Airways full-time

Pros

Flight benefits- I guess, being able to use a computer.

Cons

Work environment - employee moral, disparity in pay depending on your color. Nepotism is an all time high. If you drink and sleep around - you'll last forever

Advice to Management

Clean up your SOC. treat your pilots with respect. Find schedulers that respect flight crew.

Regional airline: republic

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and flight benefits

Cons

Low wages, short layovers, bad hotels, pilot shortage, everyone who works in the higher up jobs are taught to treat you like your incompetent from crew scheduling to IT Tech

Advice to Management

If you keep your employees happy they keep your customers happy, read southwest airlines outlook on this topic

RSS Feed </> Embed