Republic Airways Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
2.6

Republic Airways Chairman, President, and CEO Bryan K. Bedford
Bryan K. Bedford

Pros
  • I'm sure once the flight benefits finally get processed, I've heard they're pretty good (in 22 reviews)

• I love being a flight attendant and the travel benefits with RAH are pretty good (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely low pay for the job performed (in 8 reviews)

• Crew scheduling management is immature and inflexible (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible Company, Terrible Culture

Current Employee - Pilot in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pilot in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time

Pros

Newer aircraft (except the 145's)
    Good crewmembers to work with

Cons

Unable to staff; seniority will mean nothing with reassignment
    Pay below industry standard for crewmembers and corporate employees alike
    Work rules less than industry standard
    Inept middle management
    Inept senior management
    Union is useless

Get the contract done so we can recruit and stop blaming the pilots for everything that is wrong with this place. Accept responsibility for the awful dump this place has become.

Do not look to this company for employment

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Republic Airways full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some flight attendants were nice to work with

Cons

Too many cons to mention....totally not a people oriented company...will find any reason to fire you....too many cliques and chiefs....not enough Indians....trainers and management do not care about the fight attendant....only themselves.....company name should be..... Selfish Airlines...!!!

Treat people the way you would like treated.....if that's possible for you!!

Recruiting Event

I have been working at Republic Airways

Pros

started on time, very informative. Recruiters were down to Earth

Cons

Dont know what they are looking for.

Hard to live off the pay. Flying is rarely boring but being away from home a lot gets old.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the free flights and ability to have lots of time off. Flying is rarely boring and the long days "fly" by. You don't have a boss looking over your shoulder. When you're off from work, you rarely need to think about it. No work brought home.

Cons

The pay is pretty close to minimum wage when you factor in how much time you spend at work but not accumulating flight hours. You could be scheduled to be home by 4pm but because of delays/cancellations you return home at 10pm with no extra pay to show for it. That hurts.

Wonderful Experience so far!

I have been working at Republic Airways

Pros

Great travel benefits, crew scheduling really tries to work with you.

Cons

The training should of been longer.

Fun people to work with

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (more than an year)

Pros

local flying, the crews are nice

Cons

management needs a complete overhaul. Need to listen to their employee suggestions

Listen to your employees, they can contribute

Great co-workers

Current Employee - Safety Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Safety Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had the best co-workers and managers. Great flight benefits!

Cons

Low salary and not much team building opportunities

Great Company

Current Employee - Work In Corporate Office In A Support Role in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Republic Airways full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flight benefits are outstanding. I work at Headquarters and the environment is open and friendly. The CFO knows me on a first name basis and I don't even work in his department. I feel like my ideas are heard and taken in consideration. I fell valued as an employee.

Cons

Employees are offered the standard 10 days of vacation, but it takes 7 years to earn a third week. All vacation days must be used in the calendar year earned or you lose them. A PTO program would be better--combine sick and vacation and let the days roll over.

Horrible pay and no real room for growth.

I have been working at Republic Airways

Pros

I'm sure once the flight benefits finally get processed, I've heard they're pretty good. Good coffee. Bagels every Friday.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the job performed. Very under staffed, but management writes it off as poor time management. You get punished for using all of your sick time, and taking a full week vacation is always out of the question. If the pay was comparable to other jobs in the industry, and middle management cared about the well being of their employees, it may be a decent place to work.

As family oriented as the CEO is, ensuring the employees are afforded the same luxury is imperative. Learn how the departments within HQ (considering you're in the same building) are operating, and how dysfunctional they are.

Not the kind of place to make a career

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Republic Airways full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're smart, you can rise the ranks quickly because you'll be well ahead of the pack, so to speak. My job in the Supply Chain as an analyst was a very Office Space-esque position, complete with incompetent middle managers, lazy coworkers incapable of quality work, and overall subpar standards. I met the one person at the entire company who was actually smart, and he was miserable. I guess the good news is that if you want to blend in and get a check a couple times a month and be able to say that you work for private industry rather than the State it's not a bad place to work.

Cons

Bland, stale culture with absolutely nothing special. I never felt proud to work there. I never felt I'd be anything more than a middle manager, and only then after I'd "put in my time" doing laughably easy projects. Working for a company like Republic Airways for a short stint is an experience every driven and motivated person should have, because it so indelibly ingrains in the brain a contrast between the 'right' and 'wrong' way to lead a company.

I think the real eye opener for me was when we hired consultants to come in from overseas to help out on our processes and efficiency. The questions they asked were more pointed, lucid, and logical than any I had heard from any manager during my tenure at Republic Airways. It's simple, really. Smart people do not work at Republic Airways. Republic Airways has to pay an hourly rate to 'rent' intelligence, thought, and creativity. This is not how you solve problems. This is how you take a company in a truly terrible sector of the economy with an unsustainable, volatile business model and drag its listless, hemorrhaging corpse six feet underground.

Republic Airways Photos