Republic Bancorp

Republic Bancorp Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Republic Bancorp President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Republic Bank & Trust Steve Trager

Steve Trager

Republic Bancorp has been awesome

CSA I (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsFlexible, great atmosphere, growth potential

ConsNone I can think of

Great roots but times are changing

ProsSurrounded by good people as co-workers. Pay is above average and the bank has a community interest. Louisville being such a small city the bank is a decent size employer and therefore many friends may also be associated with the bank. Turn over rate at upper management seems to be low which means initiatives and goals are consistent. Upper management focuses on the safe and soundness of banking and doesn't get looped into the risk based banking model.

ConsTimes are changing with the bank. Expanding and losing some of the local bank glitter. Seems stock prices are becoming more important than the employees based on recent staff reductions. Benefits, holidays, and vacation/sick time is not comparable to other area companies. You must have like 5 years of service to get an extra week of vacation and then like 15 to get another week.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the dollar jeopardize your loyalty to your employees. Need to plan for the ups and downs of the business world and not penalize your employees when the financials are not what is desired. Focus on being proactive with your employees rather than reactive when they decide to part ways.

Finally got out of there

Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe bank office provides some nice facilities

ConsBelow average benefits and pay. Executives do well, but it does not translate to any benefit for hard work completed by employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience with excellent management and training

Customer Service Representative (Teller (Former Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsGreat training programs, competitive pay, industry-leading service

ConsPositions can get repetitive for some people

Republic Bank & Trust - TRS

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGood compensation, benefits, narrow work cycle

ConsBad upper management, hinky sick days policy, programmers required to make bank sales every year

Advice to Senior ManagementModernize, loosen up sick day policy, lose the sales requirements, get some managers that act older than 6

Republic Bank Teller

Customer Service Representative (teller) (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsOverall RB&T is a great company. When other banks had made bad decisions and were having financial difficulty, RB&T had positioned itself to out perform the market. It was recently voted one of the top 10 banks! My supervisor was fair and always did what he said he would do. There are opportunities for advancement if you are patient. The bank is envolved in the community and is a respected company.

ConsI felt that with my educational background and obvious desire to move up, I was not provided with information about how to achieve my career goals. Pretty much: do this for a year and then you might be able to go to New Accounts (not much of a raise) and do that for a year and then maybe something else. I really felt like since I started in retail banking I was stuck there, and that was not the direction I wanted my career to go in.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think everyone is pretty much doing a great job. I was too ambitious to be a bank teller. Great company.

Strong & ambitious bank; a great place to start a career in banking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell capitalized
    Aggressively seeking growth in new markets
    Consistently recognized as a top performing mid-sized bank
    Large enough to have overcome many of the growing pains of a smaller community bank, yet small enough to avoid the rigidity and bureacracy of a larger bank

ConsMost positions are located at their Louisville, KY HQ. Other opportunities exist outside of this area but are mostly confined to branch functions (teller, teller supervisor, branch manager, etc.)

Worked for Republic Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!