Republic Bancorp

www.republicbank.com
  www.republicbank.com

Republic Bancorp Reviews

3.7

Republic Bancorp President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Republic Bank & Trust Steve Trager
Steve Trager

Republic Bancorp has been awesome

Current Employee - CSA I  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - CSA I in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Republic Bancorp part-time

Pros

Flexible, great atmosphere, growth potential

Cons

None I can think of

Great roots but times are changing

I have been working at Republic Bancorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Surrounded by good people as co-workers. Pay is above average and the bank has a community interest. Louisville being such a small city the bank is a decent size employer and therefore many friends may also be associated with the bank. Turn over rate at upper management seems to be low which means initiatives and goals are consistent. Upper management focuses on the safe and soundness of banking and doesn't get looped into the risk based banking model.

Cons

Times are changing with the bank. Expanding and losing some of the local bank glitter. Seems stock prices are becoming more important than the employees based on recent staff reductions. Benefits, holidays, and vacation/sick time is not comparable to other area companies. You must have like 5 years of service to get an extra week of vacation and then like 15 to get another week.

Don't let the dollar jeopardize your loyalty to your employees. Need to plan for the ups and downs of the business world and not penalize your employees when the financials are not what is desired. Focus on being proactive with your employees rather than reactive when they decide to part ways.

Finally got out of there

Former Employee - Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Republic Bancorp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The bank office provides some nice facilities

Cons

Below average benefits and pay. Executives do well, but it does not translate to any benefit for hard work completed by employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience with excellent management and training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (Teller  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (Teller in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Republic Bancorp part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training programs, competitive pay, industry-leading service

Cons

Positions can get repetitive for some people

Republic Bank & Trust - TRS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Republic Bancorp

Pros

Good compensation, benefits, narrow work cycle

Cons

Bad upper management, hinky sick days policy, programmers required to make bank sales every year

Modernize, loosen up sick day policy, lose the sales requirements, get some managers that act older than 6

Republic Bank Teller

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (teller)  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (teller) in Louisville, KY

I worked at Republic Bancorp

Pros

Overall RB&T is a great company. When other banks had made bad decisions and were having financial difficulty, RB&T had positioned itself to out perform the market. It was recently voted one of the top 10 banks! My supervisor was fair and always did what he said he would do. There are opportunities for advancement if you are patient. The bank is envolved in the community and is a respected company.

Cons

I felt that with my educational background and obvious desire to move up, I was not provided with information about how to achieve my career goals. Pretty much: do this for a year and then you might be able to go to New Accounts (not much of a raise) and do that for a year and then maybe something else. I really felt like since I started in retail banking I was stuck there, and that was not the direction I wanted my career to go in.

I think everyone is pretty much doing a great job. I was too ambitious to be a bank teller. Great company.

Strong & ambitious bank; a great place to start a career in banking

I worked at Republic Bancorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well capitalized
    Aggressively seeking growth in new markets
    Consistently recognized as a top performing mid-sized bank
    Large enough to have overcome many of the growing pains of a smaller community bank, yet small enough to avoid the rigidity and bureacracy of a larger bank

Cons

Most positions are located at their Louisville, KY HQ. Other opportunities exist outside of this area but are mostly confined to branch functions (teller, teller supervisor, branch manager, etc.)

Worked for Republic Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!