Republic Bank Limited

Republic Bank Limited Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Experience very rewarding and fulfilling

Credit Manager (Current Employee) Georgetown (Guyana)

ProsExposure to extensive training and opportunity for promotion

ConsNot much in this area. Generally good company

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible

First job, fantastic employer

Loans Officer (Former Employee) Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

ProsBenefits, salary, events, culture and environment. Great place to work.

ConsNew products to cross sell and remember, customer events can be quite busy

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers I worked with were fabulous, treated staff well and acknowledged achievements.

While it can be challenging at times, its enjoyable meeting new people each day. You have to love customer service.

Marketing/Sales Officer (Former Employee) Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

ProsOpportunities for growth through internal advertising of vacancies, exceptional training and development, incentives for studies in banking and finance, paid vacation, profit sharing, health plan, pension, vacation savings and uniforms.

ConsSalaries for a similar position within the job market tend to be higher. In addition, at the branch level, managers can have favorites which may prevent opportunities for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what you'd expect

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

ProsIt pays the bill, mostly

ConsIt's advancement protocol is non-existent, or if it exist and is practiced, then it sucks. It's generally not about who can do the job or giving everybody a chance, its about who is liked my junior and senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more proactive approach to managing. Listen to your ground staff, they more than anyone else know what's going on (good & bad) and how to improve the environment so both staff and customers have a great experience

Banking

Bank Clerk III (Computer Operator) (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly staff, easy to get information

Consmanagement doesn't know what the staff deal with. let a manager spend a week on the customer service floor and see how it feels.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your staff. They are the face of your company and if they are unhappy, the customers will know and it will reflect on management. without your staff support you will fail to achieve your goals

it has been eye opening

Cashier (Current Employee) Chaguanas (Trinidad and Tobago)

Prosyou gain great experience and training. it also makes you very tolerable to all kind of customers

Consunfair distribution of work and everything is always a fight down

Advice to Senior Managementreward hard working staff

It has been absolutely horrible.

Computer Operator (Current Employee)

ProsPays the bills ....... just barely

ConsPoor Salary especially for qualified staff
    Subjective performance management report
    Promotions given to "friends" of management and not necessarily on performance/qualifications
    Rigorous negotiations for minute increases for regular staff while the bank makes billions in profits and management reap the benefits
    Strict compliance to time-off which staff must beg to obtain
    These are just some of the cons ... the list is very exhaustive

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at other companies from abroad where staff are treated well and remunurated well. Staff of this bank can't even afford mortgages and loans, the very products that we sell. Treat staff properly and productivity/profits will increase.

Working at Republic

Treasury Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsFor one thing the hours are regular: 8am to 4/5pm. So you have lots of time to live your non-work related life.

ConsPromotion and professional growth seemed to be as much about loyalty, connections, as about merit. There was not an opportunity for me to use my technical quantitative skills as much as I would have liked.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that management were actually pretty competent and fair. However working for multiple managers can take its toll if the managers don't have someone to coordinate work loads.

Worked for Republic Bank Limited? Contribute to the Community!