Republic Finance LLC

2.8

CEO

Manager

I worked at Republic Finance LLC

Pros

The Pros: They have a great bonus program, the hours are not that bad, very team oriented based, pay is reasonable.

Cons

Cons: Upper Mgt is so disrespectful to the managers as well as the staff,their training program is a joke, the insurance premiums are high and pay limited medical expenses, the pay is not worth the disrespect you get from upper mgt. I have never worked for a company that allowed such disrespect to their employees, and I've been doing this a long time. It was a huge disappointment for me being this was not just a job but my career that was effected by upper mgts unbelievable behavior. I had to resign from the company with regrets of having ever given them a chance to ruin what I have been so good at for over 20 years.

The way you treat the staff is so disrespectful, and although I'm no longer there, I know a few people in upper mgt that would be just as disappointed as myself with how the staff is treated. Advice from someone that has been respected in this field for a very long time. Stop beating down the main people that are keeping your doors open. They, the staff, are doing the best in their power to satisfy you, but how this is being handled will only bring a huge turnover % for you which will cost you more then if you all had a meeting and discussed how much cheaper it would be to respect and appreciate the staff you currently have versus having to rehire monthly. The president and CEO needs to be aware of how the District Managers are handling situations, District Managers with very limited experience in the work force period. They need to be observed more often Instead of upper mgt assuming the Senior District Managers have it under control. So disappointed in this company.

A good learning experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Republic Finance LLC

Pros

Good salary
    Flexibility
    Corporate office organization

Cons

Senior management
    Turn over
    Long hours & unattainable goals

scare tactics only work for a little while

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Republic Finance LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than some consumer finance companies. (Online lending is still better)

Cons

Calling around 100 people a day getting them to close a loan which they can't afford.
    Salary is GOD- AWFUL 32k a year while the company is making thousands on the smallest loans.
    Training was on the job and you were expected to do his training while meeting your loan goals.
    Incentive pay/ Bonus is based on the whole branch's performance.
    Even if you take a week off for vacation you are still required to meet your sales goal. COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS

Shoot yourself in the Head

Wonderful company to work for, I feel valued!!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager (Management Training Program)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager (Management Training Program)

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, challenging incentive program, thorough training materials, excelerated management training program that promotes from within in 12-18 months, well organized levels of management, customer service focus, senior management does great job staying informed of economic and legislative changes to increase longevity of our company, collection practices are tactful, sales techniques are not pushy or forceful, company provides significant relocation bonus, scheduled and adaquet performance and salary reviews, opportunity for career advancement, good health benefits and 401k options, transparent culture, good work/life balance- 40-45 hrs/wk, minimal half-day Saturdays required, likable coworkers.

Cons

It can be stressful. There is a HEAVY growth focus. Sometimes, you just struggle meeting your goals. However, coaching from superiors is usually available, and slow pace is often inmediately addressed with training and encouragement.

Continue to promote from within, continue transparent culture.

Promotes a team effort with a heavy growth strategy

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-friendly staff
    -great hours
    -challenging goals
    -bonus pay

Cons

-not enough holiday time off
    -technology (credit card/online payments)
    -staffing (not enough members in a branch)
    -paperwork

When explaining the position, keep it simple and honest. Don't over promise and under deliver.

I felt like the job was sold to me and didn't have a return policy.

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC

Pros

If you're in the RAMP Progam you will have your own branch within a year and half. Salary and benefits is great for managers, from what I was told.

Cons

If you don't like collections, don't work here! Also, be mindful of what you say to your manager or other employees. If you vent about how you don't like working for collections, you will be demoted. Also, you are in the RAMP program, you must be willing to relocate anywhere and if you say no to a branch, you'll be fired.

Redo training for all employees, especially managers.

Great Company with challenging aspects

Former Employee - CSA in Southaven, MS
    Former Employee - CSA in Southaven, MS

I worked at Republic Finance LLC

Pros

awesome employees with great personalities and a fun company terrific hours

Cons

bad customers - collections near impossible - interest rate too high for them too afford

keep it up! I loved working there..

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great bonus programs, hours are good, very friendly staff

Cons

Needs to establish a training facility for new hires vs. just throwing them in an office advising them to read policy. Needs more employees in a branch to accomplish the required expectations of upper mgt.

Please establish a training facility for new hires vs. handing out a bunch of modules that the employee NEVER has time to complete because of the high traffic volume on a daily basis. This would save money on mistakes being made due to lack of training, and would also enable the employee to feel more confident which would inspire him/her to be a top producer because they have the knowledge they need to get the job done, increasing volume and decreasing losses.

Review compensation plan

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC

Pros

* Office Management understands the challenges of the business
    *Great work environment amgonst the employees
    *Great sharing of ideas between employees in the office

Cons

*Compsenation plan is horrible
    *Upper management (RVP) communication with employees
    *Hours too long
    *No assistance for furthering education
    *Salary is low in comparison to others in the same business

none