Republic Services Reviews

Reset

1. AR Specialist

Current Employee - Commercial Collector in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Commercial Collector in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monday -Friday 8 to 5 or 9 to 6

Cons

Starting Salary should be much higher for the work that done

Aug 10, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Micro-management at its finest. An unfeeling machine of doom

I worked at Republic Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck. Matching 401k. Dental. Vision. Expense Card. Some nice people.

Cons

The region and area constantly micro-manage the business units in every little thing. They don't display any kind of values that actually 'value people' Republic's 5 R values - Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, Relentless. are what they want the stormtrooper machines they call employees to follow. No where are there values that celebrate the employee at all. These are the values that the company wants its minions to follow in order to achieve the quarterly Earnings Per Share goals. The CEO wants his bonus and stock options at the expense of the Front-line employee. EVERYTHING this company does is to increase the bottom line. People are never the focus. The company touts 'employee engagement' yet it constantly encourages management to cut the workers hours and discipline them for every little thing. It does not teach how to engage employees, nor does it care. Or if it does, it sees the end value of engagement equaling more $$$. The company touts 'customer first and net promoter score' yet it will lock customers into contracts and price increase them to death (as well as a plethora of extra charges from 'extra yardage' to 'delivery fees' to whatever else kind of creative BS). If it is between Op income and the customer, the customer always loses. The company touts 'safety'. And the only reason for it is so there are no claims. The funniest thing is that when an accident or injury occurs, as long as there is 'no claim', no one gives a crap. Once a 'claim' happens, then it's like the world has fallen a part, and then the area and region come down to micromage. Compensation is atrocious. It's not competitive, nor is it adjusted properly for where you live. Someone living in Phoenix will make more money than someone living in San Francisco. VERY CHEAP company.

Advice to Management

Redefine what Republic really stands for. Right now every single employee sees it for what it is... a cold, heartless machine that could give a crap about the environment. Morale is not good. This company is headed towards the likes of WM.

Aug 27, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

We are sorry to hear that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We strive to create great experiences for our employees and we’re always seeking feedback. If you’d like to discuss this ... More

3. Family Oriented

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Republic Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Lost current county contact also meant loss of job

Aug 7, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for your feedback!

5. I like it here a lot. Sure there are bad days. But a lot of good days too

Current Employee - Lead Rolloff Driver in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Rolloff Driver in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefit and insurance package is really good! There is always room to move up if you desire. Pay is pretty good depending on your location.

Cons

Lack of communication between management and drivers. Some places have older equipment that keeps breaking down. Can be slow during winter.

Aug 7, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to hear more about your ideas on how we can improve our employee experiences. Please contact us or your local Human Resources Representative. We can be reached ... More

Good Company

Pros

As a Management Professional, this is a great company. They provide wonderful training and industry leading analytic software. If you have an opportunity to work for this company; take it.

Cons

It's not easy work at all.

Aug 3, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for your feedback.

Mistreatment of individuals with work cause disabilities

Pros

Decent Benefits, Average pay, good people to work with at the lower levels

Cons

Policy changes daily, Forrest Gump/ Bobby Busheir men as Operations Manager, constant threats of your job. No security if you are not union. if not union you have no job guaranty if hurt on the job. Work Comp will find a way around injury deny claim. Get terminated for being unable to perform job duties due to a "non work related injury" deemed by Work Comp even when treatment had in service for over a month. Operations Manager suggests employee lie about injury to return to work cleared, commit insurance fraud and lies to Work Comp about policies in place to prevent said injury.

Advice to Management

Fire and hire middle and upper Management with a minimum four year college educations. Not Bullies that cannot understand a CBA and forces supervisors to go against it which costs money and time for the meeting that will be called by the Union. Also don't hire managers that brag about running the Union out of their previous place of business. Don't hire Managers that threaten employees jobs daily and make threats about what will happen to them if they go above them in the chain of command even though it is that manager that is the problem.

Aug 27, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. This information has been shared with the appropriate team members.

8. Exec Asst, Payroll, AP/AR, Purchasing, Accounting, Made sure everything was taken care of in offfice, Safety

Former Employee - Many Tasks in Winder, GA
    Former Employee - Many Tasks in Winder, GA

I worked at Republic Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a lot of good company benifits

Cons

I'm not going to talk bad about them. I was blessed to have a job.

Advice to Management

Great Job

9. Acct Mgr

Pros

Great company. Could not be happier with this job.

Cons

No cons as of yet!

Aug 7, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for your feedback!

I hate it here

Pros

Insurance is paid by the company per union contract. There's nothing else good to say about this company. I wouldn't recommend to anyone looking for a career.

Cons

Junk equipment, poor management, not a teamwork environment. You get treated like crap unless you are part of the click. There's too much favoritism. Non effecient place to work. Doesn't pay what it should.

Advice to Management

Learn how to work together as a team and manage things like they should. Promote from within unsteady of hiring unqualified individuals because they have a degree. Experience outweighs education 90% of the time.

Aug 11, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

We are sorry to hear that your experience here isn't meeting your expectations. We strive to create great experiences for our employees and we’re always seeking feedback. If you’d like to discuss ... More

11. Cool pay. Benefits great. Job itself sucks.

Current Employee - Driver in Carnegie, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Carnegie, PA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm averaging almost between 25 and $30 and hr. Start at 4, done by noon. Benefits are the only thing keeping me here.

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible. Pittsburgh has some of the worse trucks imaginable. They're always breaking down and never fixed in a decent amount of time. They overwork the good drivers and let the terrible drivers get away with anything.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire Pittsburgh management

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Relations Specialist

Thanks for reviewing us. We would like to hear more about your ideas on how we can improve our employee experiences. Please contact us or your local Human Resources Representative. We can be reached ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed