ResCare

ResCare Reviews

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
2.0

ResCare President, CEO, and Director; President, Community Services Group Ralph G. Gronefeld Jr.
Ralph G. Gronefeld Jr.

Pros
  • You get to work with clients and make a difference (in 12 reviews)

• I love helping people, it is awesome feeling teaching people to do new things (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for management since I started working there 4 years ago (in 30 reviews)

• A major unraveling between direct care staff & management (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Client lives with me.

Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Longview, TX

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I can take care of someone who means a lot to me. It is a hard job and I live it. When I quit my trucking job to share time with parents and brother I took the client into myhome.She is now part of the family. ResCare has been good to us.

Cons

For me the challenge would be getting things done by office staff that my client needs. I would like to have a yearly wage increase review.

Have yearly wage review for all hourly employees. Check on the clients more often.

Be Prepared to Make it your Life

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist

I worked at ResCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training program is good. Benefits are ok

Cons

Expected to put in extra hours and work without pay. If you refuse, your superiors look down on you.

Terrible company.

I have been working at ResCare

Pros

Flexible schedule for some.
    Overtime available.
    Good learning experience on how not to manage a company.

Cons

Pay is terrible.
    Management is not organized or consistent.
    This company only cares about how much money they can make.
    Clients and employees are taken advantage of.

Pay employees more! Quit being stingy with the money you make off these poorly treated clients.

Direct Support Staff

I worked at ResCare full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, can work day or night

Cons

Pay is low, responsibility high

Incompetent on so many levels, this company is full of failure

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None, I can't think of a single good thing about it except for the family that I work with

Cons

Today is the 4th time in the year that I have been with this company that I have not been paid because my time cards were "missplaced". SERIOUSLY?! There is no "we're sorry, we will correct this" NOPE, you get "well it will just be on the next paycheck". Hmmm I bet you get paid every payday don't you? Well I would like to be as well, especially when my time cards were in a WEEK BEFORE the deadline. A bunch of crap. Stay away from this place. Their management is clueless, their case managers are even more clueless, and there is absolutely no communication. Avoid at all costs!

Pay is also awful! I made more at my very first nursing job without any experience than I am at this place. And hoping to get a raise? HAHAHAHA good luck!

Hire some competent people and actually take pride in what you are trying to accomplish. Your pay i slow and not competitive with anyone in the surrounding area, your case managers are absolutely clueless and there is little to no communication.

Rescare is a horrible company to work for!

Current Employee - Direct Care Professional in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Direct Care Professional in Macon, GA

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Thebonly reason I still work for rescare is to get by while in school. The consumers are awesome!

Cons

In GA, rescare is waiting on the governor to raise min wage in order to give employees a raise! We do not work for the state...we work for Rescare! Very low pay! They do care about there employees nor consumers!!!

Give the people that actually does the work and not make them live off bread crumbs for that little 7.25 per hour!

Low pay and incompetent case managers and office personnel

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I don't really have anything good to say about this company. I've been here a year and have disliked it the entire time

Cons

Lack of communication, Case manager left and wasn't notified of her leaving or of new case manager, very low pay, No travel reimbursement, Lack of caring from case managers, Basically you never know what is going on and have to repeatedly call and leave messages and cross your fingers that at some point you will get what you need, inconsistent pay...some times I'm getting paid overtime and then the next check won't have it even though it has the same hours, etc

The company lacks consistency in all aspects. Case managers don't have a clue what's going on, requests for simple needs are rarely met without multiple phone calls and repeat requests, overall it's a horrible company

Loved working with the consumers but supervision is lacking and there is no support for middle management.

Former Employee - QIDP in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - QIDP in Lafayette, LA

I worked at ResCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with some amazing people both workers and consumers is very rewarding. Working closely with intellectually challenged and mentally ill persons can be trying but is usually more fun than any other part of this position.

Cons

Leadership is non existent. No work life balance I worked almost every weekend I was employed by ResCare. There was no support for my position (QIDP). When people didn't show up for a shift I had to go in and work unless I had a home manager but they didn't stay long since they are salary too and make even less money to work lots of overtime. Overtime is not an option is a necessity.

Training and support would have made all the difference with this position. But a lack of direct service providers made it difficult to do your job since you are constantly filling in as regular staff you don't get a chance to learn your job or a chance to do it.

The CEO need to look into the Fort Wayne operation.

Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at ResCare as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

To help the individual in which are being served. This is why rescare is in business to serve the needs of the clients, yet these needs are seemed to be put on the back burner at times by not giving staff a comfortable wages.

Cons

The CEO need to look into giving a pay raise soon. The client are going to pay the price of staff walking of the job, and are going to fend for themselves. How in the hell you just setting on all this negative reviews on this company and not trying to make something happens.

Give the direct support staff a raise. They need 10-11dollars a hour.

Upper Management is disconnected and seems disinterested.

I worked at ResCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is average, benefits are ok.

Cons

Disorganized. No room for advancement. Very cliquey.

Show appreciation for your employees who actually work with clients, and you will retain good ones.