ResCare WorkForce

Add Photos

Ralph G. Gronefeld, Jr

Bittersweet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffice culture - met great people

Constraining, compensation, benefits, and staffing needs were not always met

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee needs

Talent Development Specialist

Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt is close to my home and they have eight locations.

ConsIt is three programs to work TANF, SNAP and WIA. All are very active programs.

Lacks quality standards and good business practices

Employment Specialist (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsHaving the opportunity to assist customers in reaching their goals for employment and self sufficiency.

ConsNo real training is provided to learn the systems and practices. The management is disjointed and conflicting. There are no real standards of quality and you are constantly required to work in crisis management mode. The company policy and practices do not align with the policy and practices of the company you contract for.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your policies in all areas so that there is no conflict or confusion. Establish good procedures for onboarding new employees and have consistent management practices.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst job experiences I ever have experienced

Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsI have made friends with a few of my current and former coworkers. I drew a salary and was able to pay my bills. I have health insurance.

ConsManagement has broken or pushed labor, OSHA and HIPAA laws to the limit repeatedly. They play favorites. We have not been provided with the basics to run an office. It took MONTHS to get ResCare to buy TOILET PAPER for our office. Our office building is terrible and our furniture is falling apart. Everything is a big secret. ResCare upper management is constantly changing everything - procedures, forms, dress code, etc. You are chewed out t for not following the new rules, but you get no input on the rules and aren't told about them until after the fact. Complete lack of respect for employees. Very unorganized. Little to no communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to actually listen to their employees and communicate with them. They have several lawsuits against their company because of their unethical and illegal ways of treating employees and job seekers. They have repeatedly angered and alienated the State with whom they have a contract. Be honest with DHS! Get your act together!

should not be your first choice

Director, Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosnot difficult to get hired

Conswell, pretty much everything else - but particularly the prospects for long term employment: they keep losing contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked for ResCare under three different contracts… all of which were eventually lost. The primary problem, as I see it looking back, is that ResCare is all getting about the contract - even if it means ultimately losing the contract. The contracts that are negotiated are bid so low that, once won, cannot be properly managed with the approved staff and funds. Therefore, nearly every Workforce contract that ResCare wins is ultimately lost. In addition, ResCare is so concerned about getting the NEXT contract, that they do not stand up to the boards which provide oversight, sacrificing their employees and customer service to try and please individuals who are - because the boards choose this relationship - in an adversarial (not team-oriented) relationship. Arbor knew how to run Workforce shops; ever since ResCare took over it has been one disaster after another.

Expected more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is doing a great thing by helping clients to find employment. They have a great work atmosphere. Benefit package is decent

ConsThe workload was pretty full for a low salary and there wasn't much room for growth. I wish there was more organization from the management aspect

Excellent

Tyler, TX

Prosgood benefits, vacations and great team work

ConsThere is a tremendous amount of paperwork

This company has good intentions but

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe autonomy of many of the positions

ConsThe lack of true positive management from direct managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe micromanagement of the staff was ridiculous. Either they were micromanaged until they quit or they didn't get managed at all. They hire workers who are fully competent but don't actually trust them to be competent. Plus the communication with the people they are contracted by is very poor and it is the workers who suffer.People who are in other states have no real connection to the headquarters and during the time I was employer there were multiple turnovers of human resources so no one knew what the employees were doing.

Great place to work in the human services field.

Employment Specialist (Former Employee)
    Laredo, TX

Pros8-5pm job, Monday thru Friday, weekends off and 13 paid holidays throughout the year.

ConsNot very much room for career advancement and pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving pay raises to your employees at least once a year.

CAREER ADVISOR = PROVIDE INFORMATION, ADVICE, AND GUIDANCE TO YOUTH AGES 14-21.

Career Advisor (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsStaff is friendly and very helpful.

ConsStaff can not find suitable employment for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay

Worked for ResCare WorkForce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ResCare WorkForce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ResCare WorkForce CEO Ralph G. Gronefeld, Jr. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by ResCare WorkForce employees.