ResMed

Competitive bidding killed it

Former Employee - Sales in East Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Sales in East Providence, RI

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leader
    Innovative
    Product pipeline robust

Cons

reimbursement changes killing industry
    Seen as arrogant

Good thing you got rid of old regime

For the most part ResMed is a very, very good company with only one challenge...upper levels of Sales Management .

Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great innovative company full of smart hard working committed people. Everyone in the corporate office had a good work-life balance due to the influence of the team leaders. The Sales Management team saw time off as a sign of weakness and was not afraid to tell you.

Cons

The Sales Management team (not the C-level) is arrogant and extremely disrespectful to their customers...I was shocked to hear the statements and language used by the Sales Management team members referring to their customers...these are the company leaders. They should be setting a good example. Additionally, I feel they forgot that without their customers, they would not be in business.

Lead by example. Understand that your customers may have a different view and goals within their side of the business. You should not insult your customers' opinions, goals and direction. Use the knowledge gained to better understand and partner with them and you both reach your goals.

If you can handle being micromanaged, this is the place for you!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Let's see…The pay is AWESOME for a job that doesn't require a degree. This is the best paying customer service job that you will find in San Diego. They start you off in between $18-$20 per hour depending on your experience. The benefits are GREAT. Coworkers are great for the most part. Shifts are M-F

Cons

There is ABSOLUTELY no growth here! You will stay stuck in the same position for years and years and it is expected that you kiss up to get anywhere. Supervisors and leads are clueless. Also, if you're a temp and you just happen to be wearing a color that one of the leads hates, you will be fired. They get rid of temps for their own personal/emotional reasons. This is not a professional place to work. Oh and the entire department is a bunch of females that like to cry and complain all day long. Can you say DRAMA?! The supervisors don't have your back and will nitpick you for every little thing. Oh and the raises are crappy too! You'll be lucky if you see .33 (yes, thirty-three cents) every year. If you have thin skin, don't even apply!

My advice to management is to value your employees. Actions speak louder than words. Don't treat employees as if they are dispensable.

Excellent company, excellent people, excellent pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Superior products, highly innovative, reputation for being the best in the industry, commitment to excellence, great pay and benefits, gorgeous facility. I sincerely felt that every single person I worked with and worked for were professional, sharp and caring. I was proud to work there-- I was proud of the products and the people-- and leadership's commitment to supporting a wide variety of charities. Vacation time, healthcare, dental care, 401K-- all just outstanding.

Cons

I can literally think of only one negative. The culture was such that it was hard to balance family and work life-- you truly enjoy working there but it can take over. It's not that there were horrible deadlines or that the work was too much-- but that it was hard to keep from opening the laptop at home after dinner, hard not to work on Saturday morning..... just the overall culture somehow seemed to "creep" into home life.

Might be the dumbest idea in the world-- but perhaps try "forbidding" email access after hours once in awhile? The people that work there are sharp and competitive-- and it is hard not to respond to an email after hours--- you just felt this "pressure". (Maybe it's just me?). If they could figure out a way to help people find that balance-- I think turn-over would be reduced. I don't want to over-emphasize this point though-- ResMed was definitely the best company I ever worked for.

Entrepreneurial company with many great people but lack of process and sticking to it

Former Employee - Product Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great building.

Cons

Way to many projects and lack of focus on reason for projects. Don't look at what was learned from a project, just move on to the next.

Australian are very arrogant to work with, think they are smarter and better in every way.

Very hierarchical

Great place, difficult location, small town community

I have been working at ResMed full-time

Pros

Nice people, great building, good pay

Cons

Small departments with definitive hierarchy mentality make it difficult to pretend otherwise

Jr. Java Developer

Former Employee - Junior Java Developer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Java Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great development team, good company values, and nice perks. Pays an average wage in comparison to similar jobs around the area.

Cons

Does not run it's software development team like a traditional software company. Executives ignored employee complaints to project management.

Fantastic company!

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great facility, people and work.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Great Company

I worked at ResMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. New building. Free WiFi. Cafeteria.

Cons

Management not consistent. Lot's of changes happening... and maybe not for the best.

Management wasn't consistent in disciplinary actions.

Rewards for responsibility

Current Employee - Software Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company rewards employees that take responsibility
    Executives are approachable
    Allows employees to make improvements
    Great health benefits, good 401k, good time-off
    Support for individual advancement
    Support for employee camaraderie

Cons

I see some selfishness from fellow employees (take 2 spaces in near spaces of parking lot, leave toilet seats dirty, leave kitchen dirty)

Keep it up. Could send an occasional email reminding people to be considerate.

ResMed Photos