ResMed Reviews

Reset
3.2
Michael Farrell

1. Administrative

I have been working at ResMed full-time

Pros

Great benefits and vacation policy and beautiful facility, awesome parking structure, and centrally located. Cafeteria is great! Life saving product

Cons

and and and and and and and and and

Company's culture and work environment has changed for the worse.

I worked at ResMed full-time

Pros

Good benefits, beautiful facility and good cafe. There are a lot of good hard working passionate employees that care about the quality of work they do.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management and lacks leadership qualities. VP dictates orders rudely, thrives on intimidating people to the point of leaving a person to second guess their abilities and loose confidence in themselves. She lacks people skills and is under qualified for the position.

Advice to Management

Company is too top heavy and lacks good leaders in management. Departments don't communicate well with other departments.

3. Overall, very positive.

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great top management that is focused on improving the lives of those using its products.
    Dedicates substantial resources to research and development.

Cons

Operates some departments with lean staffing.

Advice to Management

None.

The fat cats are making inflated salaries on the backs of the people.

Current Employee - Product Marketing
    Current Employee - Product Marketing

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The average employee is great, just don't expect them to stay long. Benefits are excellent as well.

Cons

If you're thinking of joining the team - beware. The people that succeed are proficient at playing the political game. Another round of layoffs occurred with more expected to come. As an observation, many leaders lack the adequate skill and background for the role they're in so it makes employees feel like there is no real leadership or mentoring. That, coupled with the frequent layoffs, people are always on edge waiting for their walking papers so why would anyone be motivated to work hard? Another negative is nepotism runs very deep and is unhealthy for the departments they affect. HR lacks discretion and has inappropriate relationships with employees so there's no where to go when you have an issue. There is no work/life balance anymore, many folks have to work 50-60 hour weeks to keep up with the amount of work.

Advice to Management

Pardon the pun but you are sleeping at the wheel. Come down from fluffy green cloud and take a serious look at your VPs and Directors as they are doing ResMed wrong. At least make it "appear" you care for the people.

Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, nice facilities, decent amount of company events, effort to convey transparency to the rest of the company. Strong sales and growth strategies.

Cons

Weird nepotism, sales-is-king-attitude, lots of departmental shifting/repurposing that created satellites (isolated teams).

Advice to Management

Cut the deadweight. Stick to what the company is good at: Healthcare.

7. Good Company with great values

Former Employee - Professional in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Professional in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for but business is not doing as well as it was. The department I worked in was very small and we were overworked.

Cons

Limited training but all and all, a good place to work, however, definitely a political environment.

Advice to Management

Talk to people, don't look down on employees.

8. Competitive bidding killed it

Former Employee - Sales in East Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Sales in East Providence, RI

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leader
    Innovative
    Product pipeline robust

Cons

reimbursement changes killing industry
    Seen as arrogant

Advice to Management

Good thing you got rid of old regime

For the most part ResMed is a very, very good company with only one challenge...upper levels of Sales Management .

Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great innovative company full of smart hard working committed people. Everyone in the corporate office had a good work-life balance due to the influence of the team leaders. The Sales Management team saw time off as a sign of weakness and was not afraid to tell you.

Cons

The Sales Management team (not the C-level) is arrogant and extremely disrespectful to their customers...I was shocked to hear the statements and language used by the Sales Management team members referring to their customers...these are the company leaders. They should be setting a good example. Additionally, I feel they forgot that without their customers, they would not be in business.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Understand that your customers may have a different view and goals within their side of the business. You should not insult your customers' opinions, goals and direction. Use the knowledge gained to better understand and partner with them and you both reach your goals.

If you can handle being micromanaged, this is the place for you!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let's see…The pay is AWESOME for a job that doesn't require a degree. This is the best paying customer service job that you will find in San Diego. They start you off in between $18-$20 per hour depending on your experience. The benefits are GREAT. Coworkers are great for the most part. Shifts are M-F

Cons

There is ABSOLUTELY no growth here! You will stay stuck in the same position for years and years and it is expected that you kiss up to get anywhere. Supervisors and leads are clueless. Also, if you're a temp and you just happen to be wearing a color that one of the leads hates, you will be fired. They get rid of temps for their own personal/emotional reasons. This is not a professional place to work. Oh and the entire department is a bunch of females that like to cry and complain all day long. Can you say DRAMA?! The supervisors don't have your back and will nitpick you for every little thing. Oh and the raises are crappy too! You'll be lucky if you see .33 (yes, thirty-three cents) every year. If you have thin skin, don't even apply!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to value your employees. Actions speak louder than words. Don't treat employees as if they are dispensable.

Excellent company, excellent people, excellent pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Superior products, highly innovative, reputation for being the best in the industry, commitment to excellence, great pay and benefits, gorgeous facility. I sincerely felt that every single person I worked with and worked for were professional, sharp and caring. I was proud to work there-- I was proud of the products and the people-- and leadership's commitment to supporting a wide variety of charities. Vacation time, healthcare, dental care, 401K-- all just outstanding.

Cons

I can literally think of only one negative. The culture was such that it was hard to balance family and work life-- you truly enjoy working there but it can take over. It's not that there were horrible deadlines or that the work was too much-- but that it was hard to keep from opening the laptop at home after dinner, hard not to work on Saturday morning..... just the overall culture somehow seemed to "creep" into home life.

Advice to Management

Might be the dumbest idea in the world-- but perhaps try "forbidding" email access after hours once in awhile? The people that work there are sharp and competitive-- and it is hard not to respond to an email after hours--- you just felt this "pressure". (Maybe it's just me?). If they could figure out a way to help people find that balance-- I think turn-over would be reduced. I don't want to over-emphasize this point though-- ResMed was definitely the best company I ever worked for.

RSS Feed </> Embed